Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Outwitters Sports Network Revived!
11-21-2012, 06:31 AM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2014 01:59 AM by CombatEX.)
Outwitters Sports Network Revived!
CodePenguin has decided to continue work on this wonderful project!

Outwitters Sports Network
Replay database that allows users to view replays directly in a web browser, search for players, and browse uploaded replays.

Updates
(03-07-2014 02:01 PM)CodePenguin Wrote:  
  • Now supports the 2v2 FTA fix from Version 1.6.3.
  • Fixed a bug that caused newer replays to not be assigned the appropriate rule set.
(03-07-2014 11:15 AM)CodePenguin Wrote:  Alex made some modifications on his end so that League Match replays are now automatically submitted to OSN after a slight time delay. I had to make some compression and optimization changes to OSN due to the massive amount of data going through. Also, all active divisions are now automatically loaded nightly so the OSN statistics should give an accurate representation of the current placement of all players in the leagues.
(09-21-2013 08:17 AM)CodePenguin Wrote:  
  • Nightly Leaderboard updating has been repaired (OML Server migration changed all of the leaderboard id numbers).
  • Clicking the "View in Outwitters" links now automatically convert to the new gameids for replays that were submitted before the OML server migration.
(06-23-2013 06:57 AM)CodePenguin Wrote:  
  • Added the ability to filter by Game Type (All, 1v1, 2v2) and Match Type (All, League, Friendly).
  • Tweaked the browser caching of replay data in hopes of fixing the stale replay lists on some devices
(06-23-2013 01:29 AM)CodePenguin Wrote:  
  • Fixed crash issues with Safari on Mac.
  • Redesigned the Map filter interface so that it would work consistently on iOS devices.
(03-29-2013 02:39 PM)CodePenguin Wrote:  
  • Now supports Version 1.6.2: Bramble thorn health reduced to 2 HP from 3 HP.
(03-14-2013 03:04 PM)CodePenguin Wrote:  
  • Added support for "Mechanism" and "Sugar Rock" 2v2 Maps.
  • Added all 2nd Gen Maps to the Replay Filter dialog.
(03-07-2013 04:21 PM)CodePenguin Wrote:  
  • Added support for "Sweet Tooth", "Skull Duggery" and "War Garden" 1v1 maps
  • Added support for Veggienauts Thorn Retract and Thorn Attack actions
(03-02-2013 05:26 PM)CodePenguin Wrote:  
  • Added 2v2 Weekly Top Ranks Lists
  • Added 2v2 Top Rank History to Player profiles
(02-17-2013 01:34 AM)CodePenguin Wrote:  
  • Added a "Save Multiple Replays" link that will allow you to save a large amount of links at one time.
(02-16-2013 04:52 PM)CodePenguin Wrote:  
  • The wit count displayed is now always the amount before the current action has taken place. This is much easier to keep track of.
  • Added a "Save" button to the replay link submission screen so that you don't always have to "View" a replay if you only want to store it in OSN.
(02-05-2013 05:11 PM)CodePenguin Wrote:  
  • Added graphic for when a Mobi swallows a unit so it is more clear what is happening.
  • Fixed the typo and Top Zero bugs.
  • Added SEAL as a clan.
(01-30-2013 10:46 AM)CodePenguin Wrote:  
  • Added support for the Version 1.5 changes to bramble and thorn usage.
  • Fixed a bug that was causing the filter dialog not to pop up.
(01-20-2013 09:00 AM)CodePenguin Wrote:  
  • Player recent replays are now displayed directly on the player profile.
  • If a player is a member of a Clan, the clan logo will be displayed by their name on their profile.
  • Added Clans menu item that shows the current clans, members and recent replays.
Note: Clan leaders can PM me to get the information needed to update their clan info.
(01-18-2013 07:41 AM)CodePenguin Wrote:  
  • Added a circle around a recently-spawned unit.
(01-17-2013 04:37 PM)CodePenguin Wrote:  
  • Higher quality League and Team icons that aren't super jaggy.
  • The player name for Turn 1 is now bolded on all replay lists so you can tell who played the first turn.
(01-12-2013 06:24 AM)CodePenguin Wrote:  
  • Added "Bumped Players" list to the Weekly Top Ranks so you can see who dropped off the list.
(01-06-2013 09:18 AM)CodePenguin Wrote:  
  • On stats page the 1v1 league counts now says "Players" instead of "Teams".
  • Added Team usage, Replay Counts and Turn Count statistics for 1v1 and 2v2.
(01-05-2013 05:15 PM)CodePenguin Wrote:  
  • Fixed a bug that would cause an enemy base to be hit twice by a bombshell when the originating hit tile was part of the base.
  • Fixed a bug where scrambling a bombshell that is shelled would cause it to become unshelled automatically.
  • Split 2v2 statistics and leaderboards into 2v2 and 2v2 (Random).
  • Added League Distribution Pie charts to Statistics.
(01-04-2013 04:24 PM)CodePenguin Wrote:  
  • Fixed a base hp glitch on 2v2 Machination map.
  • Fixed wit space colors when scrambling an opponent unit sitting on a wit space.
  • Added a lot of Player statistics on the Player profile page.
  • Added a Statistics menu item that display various global statistics.
(01-04-2013 09:03 AM)CodePenguin Wrote:  
  • Added all currently active League Divisions to the Leaderboards.
(01-03-2013 04:15 PM)CodePenguin Wrote:  
  • Added 2v2 Popular Replays (All Time and 7 Days) links on the main Replays screen.
  • Added "Like" button on Replay Viewer and "Most Liked Replays" links on the main Replays screen. This will allow the community to upvote good replays.
(01-02-2013 01:43 AM)CodePenguin Wrote:  
  • Added Leaderboards for 2v2.
  • Added all the League Divisions that I have been able to accumulate so far. If your division is missing, send me a PM.
(01-01-2013 04:48 PM)CodePenguin Wrote:  
  • Top Ranks now display the difference in positions in Green (Up) or Red (Down) and show the current rank of the player if available.
  • Added Leaderboard display for Super Titan and Master divisions. (Updated daily at midnight PST).
  • Added League/Division/Rank display to player profiles if available.
(12-30-2012 09:55 AM)CodePenguin Wrote:  
  • Replay Viewer now displays an icon indicating if the replay is a League Match or Friendly.
(12-28-2012 04:08 PM)CodePenguin Wrote:  
  • Rescanned the Top Ranks so that a few more players would be hyperlinked to their player profile pages.
  • Fixed a bug when viewing replays for a specific map.
  • Added Popular Replays (7 Days) as the default with Popular Replays (All Time) as a separate link.
  • Added turn counts to replay lists.
  • Added win count display to user profile (only counts replays that have been submitted to OSN)
(12-27-2012 11:58 PM)CodePenguin Wrote:  
  • Player names in the header of the Replay Viewer are now links that take you to the player's profile page.
(12-27-2012 01:52 AM)CodePenguin Wrote:  
  • Added a "Weekly Top Ranks" menu item under the "Players" menu that displays the Weekly Top 200 players list that OML releases. The display includes the Rank Delta (how many spots they've moved up and down since the last list) and allows you to quickly look through previous lists.
  • If a player is on one of the Weekly Top Ranks lists, their player profile page now shows what rank they were for each list that they were on.
(12-23-2012 04:40 PM)CodePenguin Wrote:  
  • Added Players search and profile functionality (more data coming soon, suggestions welcome).
  • Clicking a player's name in the replays list now takes you to the player's profile.
(12-23-2012 10:58 AM)CodePenguin Wrote:  
  • The View button on replay lists now has a drop down menu associated with it with the option "View in Outwitters". Viewing a replay on the device using this new method will now be counted as a view when determining popular replays.
(12-22-2012 04:48 PM)CodePenguin Wrote:  
  • Added listing of Recent Replays.
  • Added view count to all listings.
  • Added paged listing of replays enabling faster load times and quicker sorting/filtering.
  • Added filtering of replay lists based on Map, League, Teams, and Spawned Units.
  • Fixed: spawn points were not auto turning colors at the start of the capturing player's next turn.
(12-18-2012 07:50 AM)CodePenguin Wrote:  
  • Ranks listed are now shown as the final rank for each player at the end of the replay (meaning that if they were promoted or demoted then it will show their new rank).
  • Added an "Open in outwitters" button to the replay viewer.
(12-17-2012 04:10 PM)CodePenguin Wrote:  
  • Fixed a wit space coloring issue when spawning thorn barriers on wit spaces.
  • Added sortable column headings to Replay Collections.
  • Added a Show/Hide Winners link to the top of Replay Collections as not to spoil the surprise ending of matches (unless you want to).
(12-16-2012 04:42 PM)CodePenguin Wrote:  
  • Brand new layout with a better consistent feel.
  • Added Special Collections of Replays: Super Titan Replays, 2v2 Replays, and Popular Replays.
  • Replays are now automatically categorized by OSN so you can look them up by Player, Map, etc.
Note: OSN can only display and categorize replays that have been submitted by a user.
(12-13-2012 12:18 PM)CodePenguin Wrote:  
  • Fixed the double hit from a Bombshell's mortar on an enemy's base.
(12-10-2012 04:13 PM)CodePenguin Wrote:  
  • Changed the Player names header for 2v2 to better show the teams.
(12-09-2012 08:06 AM)CodePenguin Wrote:  
  • If you select a turn or action and then copy and give the url to someone else the replay viewer will now start on the turn or action you selected. This can be used when you want someone to see a specific turn of a really long game.
(12-08-2012 04:04 PM)CodePenguin Wrote:  
  • Tweaked the Fog of War calculations so that they are more accurate.
  • Added a playback speed setting for 1, 3, 5, and 10 seconds.
(12-07-2012 04:23 PM)CodePenguin Wrote:  
  • Added Veggienauts 2v2 Acrospire map
  • Fixed a bug where if a player stepped on a wit space that they already controlled, the color would change to gray.
  • Scrambling now gives the +1 wit bonus.
  • 2v2 2nd player now starts with 5 wits instead of 8.
(12-04-2012 03:03 AM)CodePenguin Wrote:  
  • Added a new version of the Foundry map.
  • Removed the wit cost for rooting and unrooting brambles.
(11-25-2012 03:14 PM)CodePenguin Wrote:  
  • Added a play button that will auto move to next frame every 3 seconds.
  • Added P keyboard shortcut for Play/Pause.
  • Added J/K keyboard shortcuts for Previous and Next Frame.
  • Added N/M keyboard shortcuts for Previous and Next Turn.
(11-24-2012 05:59 PM)CodePenguin Wrote:  
  • Added the new Veggienauts team.
  • Reaper Map
  • Thorn Gulley Map
  • 2nd player starts with 8 wits.
  • Bonus wit per kill.
There is a combobox that lets you select if you want the old style of wit counting (Version 1.0 - 1.1) or the new style (Version 1.2). That way you can look back at older replays with the correct counts.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-21-2012, 06:45 AM
RE: Outwitters Sports Network Discontinued
This is terrible news! I used that tool all the time! Surely there is someone out there who can continue this great man's work!?

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
11-21-2012, 06:54 AM
Without this I won't get to watch many replays Sad.
11-21-2012, 07:26 AM
So a good friend of mine convinced me to keep working on it. It is mainly time constraints that was the major factor. I'll try to get it updated as soon as I can. I've got analytics all over the thing and it just seemed that not a lot of people were using it and I haven't received any feature requests or comments really.
11-21-2012, 07:47 AM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2012 07:48 AM by joelduque.)
This is an invaluable tool in terms of in-depth wit per wit analysis it provides. Please do continue this awesome project. Very nice in catching in-game irregularities or cheating. An important Outwitters adjunct especially of the ST replays. Smile

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
11-21-2012, 08:14 AM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2012 08:15 AM by Emuchu.)
(11-21-2012 07:26 AM)CodePenguin Wrote:  So a good friend of mine convinced me to keep working on it. It is mainly time constraints that was the major factor. I'll try to get it updated as soon as I can. I've got analytics all over the thing and it just seemed that not a lot of people were using it and I haven't received any feature requests or comments really.

Oh! Well, I didn't know there was a place for comments and stuff. Outwitters Sports Network just sort of... worked? So I never had much to say about it. Also, since it's been a while since OSN was on the front page, I'm thinking that newer players might not know it exists, since it's unofficial. We should ask Adam and Alex to stick a link to it on the forums or something.

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
11-21-2012, 08:34 AM
Agree with what others have said, I use it for most of my replays. Keep up the good work! Maybe you could set up a Paypal link for donations? I'd give a couple bucks for sure.
11-21-2012, 09:32 AM
It's definitely a great tool and except for some minor bugs it always worked really well without any problems.
I'd definitely enjoy an update for the new maps/mechanics/team. Smile

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
11-21-2012, 01:54 PM
Excellent news! Thanks CodePenguin =)

I can't really think of any features I'd want to request for it. It already does a great job. I guess the only thing is that sometimes links don't load correctly. For the most part though it's awesome! Thanks for deciding to continue working on this.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
11-24-2012, 05:59 PM
The Outwitters Sports Network (OSN) has been updated with the following features:
  • Added the new Veggienauts team.
  • Reaper Map
  • Thorn Gulley Map
  • 2nd player starts with 8 wits.
  • Bonus wit per kill.

There is a combobox that lets you select if you want the old style of wit counting (Version 1.0 - 1.1) or the new style (Version 1.2). That way you can look back at older replays with the correct counts.

I'm still looking for a replay on the Veggienauts 2v2 map so that I can get that supported. If anyone has a replay link for that, please let me know.