Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Outwitters Sports Network Revived!
01-09-2013, 06:09 AM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2013 06:09 AM by ImperialSun.)
RE: Outwitters Sports Network Revived!
(01-07-2013 03:02 AM)ImperialSun Wrote:  I noticed league icons added bext to player names in the top 200 list recently which gave me the idea to include a "most played race this season" next to each name. I say this season only (well just take data from replays uploaded since the season 2 start even though that's not quite accurate) because some players switched teams in season 2 (p1noybojpj and ..Sir3..). Hopefully people start uploading more replays to improve accuracy but its still better than nothing.

Something like this is what I meant
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2013, 06:24 AM
OSN has been updated with the following change:
  • Added "Bumped Players" list to the Weekly Top Ranks so you can see who dropped off the list.
01-12-2013, 06:53 AM
Looks great, CodePenguin. Thanks for all of your hard work on this project! It's truly an invaluable asset.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
01-14-2013, 02:32 PM
Hey buddy ( CodePenguin ),

I haz teh codez too ( a bad StackOverflow reference joke ).

Ever considered releasing the software under a free software license? Making it available on GitHub for forking?

I'd totally love to read the code, and I'd probably be available for any code fixes or feature additions perhaps.

I hope you'll share your software! Thanks for providing the cool site.
01-14-2013, 02:49 PM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2013 02:59 PM by TheQwertiest.)
i think queries, questions or requests like these should be made through private messaging. i understand your admiration for the site but openly requesting things like these sometimes pressure the person to agree or allow it out fear of being judged by the public. im not saying codepenguin wont share the codes but if it were me id definitely appreciate it if i was asked in a more discreet manner so i can decide without any pressure on how i'll look. understand that he did put a lot of time and effort for his work and he might not want to give it out.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
01-14-2013, 11:49 PM
I believe there's a contact mechanic on the OSN site.
01-15-2013, 03:55 AM
OK, well, I believe I didn't think of that - I'm pretty extroverted myself.

Sorry CodePenguin if I put you on the spot.

You've read the question though, and if you'd like to discuss it in private, http://gravatar.com/dbernar1 shows contact methods.
01-15-2013, 04:12 AM
Instead of Team 1 and Team 2, which I believe shows map position but not first turn taken. Could the columns be P1 and P2 to show who moves first?
01-15-2013, 04:19 AM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2013 04:31 AM by CodePenguin.)
@dabark0,

I haven't really given much thought to open sourcing it. The majority of code is done in Processing and then converted to Javascript with ProcessingJS so pretty much all the source is loaded into the browser. The server back-end is mainly just a bunch of SQL queries. So if you wanted to look at the code, you could easily view it through your browser. If you have any other questions let me know on the OSN Contact page.
(01-15-2013 04:12 AM)aaronINdayton Wrote:  Instead of Team 1 and Team 2, which I believe shows map position but not first turn taken. Could the columns be P1 and P2 to show who moves first?

@aaronINdayton,

You are correct, they show map position right now. Who takes the first turn is not something I'm storing at the moment but it is definitely possible. Instead of changing the columns I'll probably add a little badge that says "1st" next to the player's name. That way you could see both player map position and who went first at a glance.
01-15-2013, 04:35 AM
Coool