Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Outwitters Sports Network Revived!
12-27-2012, 10:01 AM
RE: Outwitters Sports Network Revived!
I've pretty much finished implementing all the items on my current list of features that I personally planned to include in the Outwitters Sports Network. Does anyone have any suggestions of features or data that you'd like to see?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-27-2012, 10:03 AM
Not a suggestion, just a question

How do you get all the replays, just asking because a lot of my games aren't in the list. Do I have to post them somewhere?
12-27-2012, 12:30 PM
@game_taker,

The only replays that OSN has access to are the ones where someone copied and pasted the Outwitters link into http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays. That is the only way that OSN can know that the replay exists. So, if you want all your replays to be accessible, you have to copy and paste each one from Outwitters.
12-27-2012, 02:44 PM
(12-27-2012 12:30 PM)CodePenguin Wrote:  @game_taker,

The only replays that OSN has access to are the ones where someone copied and pasted the Outwitters link into http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays. That is the only way that OSN can know that the replay exists. So, if you want all your replays to be accessible, you have to copy and paste each one from Outwitters.

Thanks
12-27-2012, 03:35 PM
I'd like to see clickable names in the replay viewer itself. :3

I AM THE 99.9997%!

[Image: sig.png]
12-27-2012, 04:49 PM
@pookywb,

Forgot about that one. Thanks for the reminder. That is now on the top of the list.
12-27-2012, 11:58 PM
OSN has been updated with the following change:
  • Player names in the header of the Replay Viewer are now links that take you to the player's profile page. (pookywb's suggestion)
12-28-2012, 05:06 AM (This post was last modified: 12-28-2012 05:20 AM by CombatEX.)
Bug:
I've noticed by looking at the most recent ranking page that some players don't have their top 200 stat tracking display in their profile. For example look at "antersz". In his/her profile it doesn't have the top 200 tracking data. I imagine this is because s/he doesn't have any replays on OSN. I checked the next 7 or 8 profiles that are blacked out and they don't have any replays. However, when I checked my friend's profile it was blacked out despite having 13 replays ㅐIMPERIALㅐ. He also doesn't have the top 200 stat tracking in his profile. Maybe a name change can do this? I looked at the replay list and he did change his name at some point. Though OSN correctly uses the most current name, maybe this caused some error? However, [Admiral 77] is also a player who changed his/her name at some point yet doesn't have this error.

Feature:

I don't know how much people would want this, but I showed the replay viewer to my friend the other day and he thought it would be nice to be able to sort by game-length and/or toggle total number of turns on and off in the replay list. Personally I don't think I'd use this that often, but it could be nice if you want to watch a full game and don't have time for some 100 turn match. It would also be nice if you want to look at rushes to figure out how to properly defend them and so you don't get caught off guard in a league game. I know that seeing heycoolkid's rushes on Reaper before having them used on me in an actual match saved me some grief since I could prepare for them before encountering them in a real game.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
12-28-2012, 07:40 AM
(12-28-2012 05:06 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  I don't know how much people would want this, but I showed the replay viewer to my friend the other day and he thought it would be nice to be able to sort by game-length and/or toggle total number of turns on and off in the replay list. Personally I don't think I'd use this that often, but it could be nice if you want to watch a full game and don't have time for some 100 turn match. It would also be nice if you want to look at rushes to figure out how to properly defend them and so you don't get caught off guard in a league game. I know that seeing heycoolkid's rushes on Reaper before having them used on me in an actual match saved me some grief since I could prepare for them before encountering them in a real game.

Cool feature, another use for it could be for tournaments where you points are dependent upon # of turns it took to win.
Personally I don't think I would use this much (unless a new rush, like the reaper, one appears and needs to be countered).
12-28-2012, 04:08 PM
OSN has been updated with the following changes:
  • Rescanned the Top Ranks so that a few more players would be hyperlinked to their player profile pages. [Reported by CombatEX]
  • Fixed a bug when viewing replays for a specific map. [Reported by pookywb]
  • Added Popular Replays (7 Days) as the default with Popular Replays (All Time) as a separate link. [Requested by pookywb]
  • Added turn counts to replay lists. [Requested by CombatEX]
  • Added win count display to user profile (only counts replays that have been submitted to OSN) [Requested by VoltaicLV]