Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Outwitters Sports Network Revived!
12-08-2012, 04:52 AM
RE: Outwitters Sports Network Revived!
(12-07-2012 10:42 AM)game_taker Wrote:  Correct me if I'm wrong, but your pretty much asking him to recreate outwitters... I should remind you that the Outwitters Sports Network is independent of OML, and thankfully he was given permission to make this network. (Correct me if I'm wrong CodePenguin)

I have a small feature request, an option to change the delay time for the play button.

Also keep up the great work!

A changeable delay would be nice.

As for your assessment of Thrutchy's request, my interpretation leads me to a different conclusion. He isn't asking for a recreation of the game as no rules need to be made (attacking/moving/building). Just placement of units on particular hexes. I could be wrong, perhaps Thrutchy wants to be able to move and attack with units too, but for me I was just thinking along the lines of something you could currently do in Microsoft Paint anyway. Dragging unit pictures (the circular tokens that are currently used) onto the map layer in the background. This way the player just has to respect the rules and no rule implementation needs to be coded. Either way though, the replay viewer as it is is already amazingly useful so CodePenguin has already done us a huge favor regardless.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2012, 04:04 PM
OSN has been updated with the following changes:
  • Tweaked the Fog of War calculations so that they are more accurate.
  • Added a playback speed setting for 1, 3, 5, and 10 seconds.
12-08-2012, 04:06 PM
(12-08-2012 04:52 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  
(12-07-2012 10:42 AM)game_taker Wrote:  Correct me if I'm wrong, but your pretty much asking him to recreate outwitters... I should remind you that the Outwitters Sports Network is independent of OML, and thankfully he was given permission to make this network. (Correct me if I'm wrong CodePenguin)

I have a small feature request, an option to change the delay time for the play button.

Also keep up the great work!

A changeable delay would be nice.

As for your assessment of Thrutchy's request, my interpretation leads me to a different conclusion. He isn't asking for a recreation of the game as no rules need to be made (attacking/moving/building). Just placement of units on particular hexes. I could be wrong, perhaps Thrutchy wants to be able to move and attack with units too, but for me I was just thinking along the lines of something you could currently do in Microsoft Paint anyway. Dragging unit pictures (the circular tokens that are currently used) onto the map layer in the background. This way the player just has to respect the rules and no rule implementation needs to be coded. Either way though, the replay viewer as it is is already amazingly useful so CodePenguin has already done us a huge favor regardless.

Correct. I was asking for a some way to edit a replay. The edits you make may or may not be legal plays. A bonus would be for it to understand the rules and complain about (or prevent) illegal moves.

I completely understand why codepenguin does not want to do this. It does seem non-trivial. Thanks for the consideration and what you have done so far.
12-09-2012, 08:06 AM
OSN has been updated with the following change:
  • If you select a turn or action and then copy and give the url to someone else the replay viewer will now start on the turn or action you selected. This can be used when you want someone to see a specific turn of a really long game.
12-09-2012, 08:33 AM
(12-09-2012 08:06 AM)CodePenguin Wrote:  OSN has been updated with the following change:
  • If you select a turn or action and then copy and give the url to someone else the replay viewer will now start on the turn or action you selected. This can be used when you want someone to see a specific turn of a really long game.

Nice!

Da Wizerd - Super-Titan
12-09-2012, 03:16 PM
Thanks for all the updates.

Here's something I noticed though. The teams seem to be messed up for 2v2 replays. For example, here.

Mr.Banger and alexjiang1 should be on a team, but instead the 'vs' makes it look like an FFA.
12-10-2012, 01:33 PM
^Keep in mind that was preUpdate, so the wit count might be a bit off

iPro Clan
12-10-2012, 04:13 PM
OSN has been updated with the following change:
  • Changed the Player names header for 2v2 to better show the teams.
12-13-2012, 04:54 AM (This post was last modified: 12-13-2012 04:54 AM by Emuchu.)
Hey, CodePenguin.

I just remembered a bug I noticed before, I'm not sure if it's been addressed already: Since Bombshell's artillery fire and splash damage count as separate attacks in OSN (correct me if I'm wrong), when Bombshell fires at or near his opponent's base, it can register multiple hits.

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
12-13-2012, 04:57 AM
Emuchu,

Do you have a replay link that would show case this? I believe it is handling it already but I'd like to verify.