Make outwitters 2!
I don't care
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Outwitters 2!
09-27-2013, 01:50 PM
RE: Outwitters 2!
(09-27-2013 01:39 PM)poweewee Wrote:  I agree with you CombatEx, Outwitters really is a gem. I've tried quitting for a few months, but I just keep looking to play. Each game still turns out differently than my previous games.

Some additions to your suggestions:
1. I like the idea of two specials. In fact, I wouldn't mind having a "mini special" unit for each race, just so there is already a difference in the spawns for each team in the early game. For example, Scallies could have their runner explode with 1 damage to all surrounding hexes when it dies; or adorables could have a soldier with 2 range; or veggies could have a 4 HP soldier, etc.

Balancing would be an issue, but my point is that at least this differentiates the teams even with regards to the cheap units.

2. If you could port it to PC, why not to Android as well? I agree that more exposure is needed, and I already pity all the Android and PC users who are missing out on a gem of a game.

I'm glad I'm not alone!

I do agree that it would be nice to see a little difference between the teams even during early game, but I also think we should be careful not to overdo it. There are many games where all the units for different teams are completely different. It can be fun like that, but I don't think Outwitters needs to go that way. At any rate, a map editor could allow players to do this anyway =)

The reason I suggest making the heavy into the "mini special" as you call it is to kill two birds with one stone.

1. Make the Heavy worth spawning more often, especially for non-Adorable teams
2. Add that early game team variation you suggest (especially on maps with pre-deployed heavies). Also team choice will actually matter more on maps like Foundry!

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-27-2013, 07:06 PM (This post was last modified: 09-27-2013 07:16 PM by Fluffysox.)
(07-09-2012 08:20 PM)Fluffysox Wrote:  I think something that can change the game alot is perks. I'm not sure if any other board game like games have this, but I've definitely seen other games. I use to play this soccer game from the makers of runescape (I know, i am a disgrace to the outwitters community) where you could put perks on your players. Like, let's say, I put a perk on my striker let's it run faster. That's what perks are if people didn't know. I even came up with a few myself Sleepy

Basic:
Spectacles: increases your heavies vision by 1.

Advanced:
This dimwit jockey just learned the art of combat: changes your heavys attack based on it's team.
Scallywag - extremely small life steal? Couldnt think of anything for a shark...that bites....
Feedback - since it does a spinning animation, maybe have it damage units to the left and right of the targeted unit?
Adorables - harder than the rest. Perhaps a piercing shot? But only through one unit.

I know these are just for heavies, but that's all I could think of. Oh, and probably everyone could have a maximum of 2 perks to take into battle?
I know these sound hard and complicated and I know programmers would have to work around the clock to meet my expectations Tongue

Markers: a good idea.

(07-12-2012 08:50 AM)Lordoftheslugs Wrote:  I just started out on a 2v2 and i thought of (what i hope is) a simple mechanic that would make teamwork a lot easier to manage.

Markers, i think it would be very nice if one could place markers on the map for your partner to see. It could be done by holding your finger on a spot for a second and removed the same way. I think it would make tactical planning a lot easier and more fun. Smile

Another suggestion, this one is more of a request, could the chat be made landscape compatible or whatever it is called. My big manly fingers have a hard time hitting the right buttons when the keyboard is so small Tongue

Oh and why can't i see the movement shadow of the enemies when its not my turn? (also a tactical disadvantage) Big Grin

(07-12-2012 10:08 AM)AlphaRalphA Wrote:  How about some colorblind settings?
When i'm playing 2v2 games i sometimes have trouble telling green and yellow apart. Especially when the units start getting closer together.

If you can't change the colors could it be possible to have indicators over allied units or something similar to that. Thanks a bunch.Smile

As well as other user friendly options, like disabling the bobbing units do.

Source:
http://www.onemanleft.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=188

Game center ID: FurrySox

Gifted League 1v1
Master League 2v2 w/ Syvan

Feel free to invite me to a friendly 2v2 vs me and Syvan, or me as your ally!
10-21-2013, 01:29 PM
A lot of great the ideas in this thread. Especially the guitars and laser guns Wink

If I had the time and programming skills I'd offer my assistance to A&A to help upgrade the game...assuming they'd allow it.

Yeah, Outwitters 2 would have to be almost a totally different game...this one is a classic and if anything I think it could be improved. Personally I'd love to see new races with new specials, new maps, or ability to create and play custom maps, and I think one of the big reasons new players don't stay is because they have no patience. They don't want to wait for their next turn. If there was a mode where you can play quick games against an AI system I bet more people would stay. Granted i don't know whats involved in that so may not be possible. They'd still have to play against other players to climb the ranks of course.

I know we'd all be excited for an update to Outwitters or an Outwitters 2 but I think A&A need to do what's best for their business. I can only hope that they hit it big on TTL2 or a future game so they can spend some time polishing an already awesome game.
10-21-2013, 01:34 PM
(10-21-2013 01:29 PM)mr_13en Wrote:  If there was a mode where you can play quick games against an AI system I bet more people would stay. Granted i don't know whats involved in that so may not be possible. They'd still have to play against other players to climb the ranks of course.

If you have some time to kill..

http://www.onemanleft.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=15

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
10-25-2013, 03:51 PM
Scramblers should be able to teleport and scramble any bombshell. That is all.
10-26-2013, 04:58 AM
(10-25-2013 03:51 PM)user35 Wrote:  Scramblers should be able to teleport and scramble any bombshell. That is all.

That is a horrible concept. The Scrambler would be too overpowered against Bombshell. Pretty sure the concept of the Scrambler when against special units is that it'd be harder to scramble them, having unique abilities and such.

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
10-26-2013, 07:23 AM
(10-26-2013 04:58 AM)Someone21 Wrote:  
(10-25-2013 03:51 PM)user35 Wrote:  Scramblers should be able to teleport and scramble any bombshell. That is all.

That is a horrible concept. The Scrambler would be too overpowered against Bombshell. Pretty sure the concept of the Scrambler when against special units is that it'd be harder to scramble them, having unique abilities and such.

He was joking.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
10-26-2013, 08:30 AM
(10-26-2013 07:23 AM)Doodat Wrote:  
(10-26-2013 04:58 AM)Someone21 Wrote:  

He was joking.

Oh. Yeah, a joke. Well, at least I got to explain why that concept would be, you know, unfair. Yeahhhh...

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
10-29-2013, 07:17 AM
I didn't notice your suggestion before, but water hexes that only certain units can move on gave me an idea. Perhaps you could have a special kind of terrain that only heavies can travel over. Might actually make them more worthwhile for teams besides Adorables. Of course, map design would be even more important than it already is (which is another reason Outwitters 2 having a map editor would be great as players could take some of the map design work off of OML's shoulders).

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
10-29-2013, 07:33 AM
Inspired by the S2 Elite Championship thread, maybe the feedback heavy could spin his arms and throw a unit (friendly or unfriendly, friendly thrown units no taking damage) X number of hexes (maybe 4, and over holes...).

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4