Make outwitters 2!
I don't care
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Outwitters 2!
09-15-2013, 05:17 AM
Outwitters 2!
Who else thinks they should make an outwitters 2!

We should give oml ideas for outwitters 2, like maybe have water hexes that only certain units can go. Providing more strategy!

[Image: sig.png]

GC: Chas3r 926 Master League
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-15-2013, 05:49 AM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2013 05:50 AM by Chemoeum.)
RE: Outwitters 2!
I was inspired to make my own turn based strategy game, with thirty-one different units! I'm thinking of using some and eliminating some. I thought of Copter, a unit that can fly over opponents and attack from two spaces away. Or a courier, which when it discovers a dead ally, a medic or chemist can come by to revive it, but only on recent deaths.

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
09-15-2013, 06:23 AM
that would mean i have to work my way up the leagues all over again
09-15-2013, 07:14 AM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2013 07:16 AM by Fluffysox.)
Why Outwitters 2? What are the benefits? Could you not just make Outwitters 1 better?
Not to mention TTL2 is being made already...plus people have spent some money on this and probably won't leave this game, thus splitting the community if it were to be made.

Game center ID: FurrySox

Gifted League 1v1
Master League 2v2 w/ Syvan

Feel free to invite me to a friendly 2v2 vs me and Syvan, or me as your ally!
09-15-2013, 10:25 AM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2013 10:27 AM by bobolynx.)
More money for onemanleft, ability to majorly modify game play, possibly new art, better money system

New kinds of game play
Personally I'd like a game mode where wits empty out at the end of the turn, and you get more wits per turn, allowing for many more specials or such

Brambles would be the bomb
Or should I say the mobi ~_0

REMEMBER! THE ENEMY'S BASE IS DOWN!! *rotates iPad 180˚*
Master League in 1v1
Super-Titan 2v2 arranged with <n1ck> (something like that) we're in 20th place!!!!!!!!!!!
2v2 testing techniques. It's like cheating, but better
09-15-2013, 01:58 PM
(09-15-2013 10:25 AM)bobolynx Wrote:  Brambles would be the bomb

Thought bs were the bomb?

Proud Gifted League 1v1 http://osn.codepenguin.com/players/view/25336
[Image: sig.png]
09-15-2013, 04:27 PM
(09-15-2013 07:14 AM)Fluffysox Wrote:  Why Outwitters 2? What are the benefits? Could you not just make Outwitters 1 better?
Not to mention TTL2 is being made already...plus people have spent some money on this and probably won't leave this game, thus splitting the community if it were to be made.

Outwitters 2 to get more players, maybe some old players back. No one looks on the App Store and searches for outwitters. If the second comes out, it will be on the top charts for a little while.

As for what bobolynx said, he mostly meant that as an example of changing/adding specials.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
09-15-2013, 04:39 PM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2013 04:40 PM by Fluffysox.)
(09-15-2013 04:27 PM)Doodat Wrote:  
(09-15-2013 07:14 AM)Fluffysox Wrote:  Why Outwitters 2? What are the benefits? Could you not just make Outwitters 1 better?

Outwitters 2 to get more players, maybe some old players back. No one looks on the App Store and searches for outwitters. If the second comes out, it will be on the top charts for a little while.

As for what bobolynx said, he mostly meant that as an example of changing/adding specials.

If people like outwitter type games, then they will find it. And not necessarily, it might not be on top charts. Not every single game makes it on the top charts you know.

(09-15-2013 10:25 AM)bobolynx Wrote:  More money for onemanleft, ability to majorly modify game play, possibly new art, better money system

New kinds of game play
Personally I'd like a game mode where wits empty out at the end of the turn, and you get more wits per turn, allowing for many more specials or such

Brambles would be the bomb

All of what you said has/can be done on current outwitters (new art includes alternate bases).

Game center ID: FurrySox

Gifted League 1v1
Master League 2v2 w/ Syvan

Feel free to invite me to a friendly 2v2 vs me and Syvan, or me as your ally!
09-15-2013, 04:43 PM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2013 04:44 PM by TheQwertiest.)
imo outwitter2 is not gonna happen.

(09-15-2013 10:25 AM)bobolynx Wrote:  More money for onemanleft

it would only be more money if the game turns out to be a success. If it fails again they waste even more money and time they cant get back. im actually surprised theyre still paying for the outwitter servers.
but one can hope.. though i think it is highly unlikely

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
09-15-2013, 05:53 PM
I also have spent a lot of time on Outwitters but alas I still am yet to receive a single dime for my valuable time. The lack of support from the community has left me disheartened and questioning whether or not there is any decency left in the world. I shall continue to plug away, for the love of the game, in the hope that one day all will come good.

In all seriousness though, being a bit of a purist, I like outwitters as it is and although my 1v1 career seems to have disappeared I still derive much enjoyment from 2v2 and the forum. Another game/ version/ upgrade? I say lets go for a completely new game. I think it was BB King who said "It's not the notes you play but the notes you don't play" Outwitters is a classic, and apart from a couple of tweaks (2v2 FTA etc) it's brilliant as it is. I'm hoping the apparent user longevity will see outwitters continue. Spread the word people. Of course thanks, yet again, to A&A for not pulling the plug on this fantastic game.

P. S. I have a growing family, a large mortgage and a rampant squirrel fishing addiction to fund so please help

Everything Changes