Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Suggestions
07-09-2012, 12:27 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2012 12:28 PM by Kyoril.)
RE: Suggestions
What do you think about it costing wit per turn to continue hiding? I feel like this might be too overpriced, but that it might be overpowered otherwise...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2012, 01:36 PM
1 seems just right - at the end of turns. If you don't have any wits left, maybe auto uninvis?
07-09-2012, 03:15 PM
I'd like to add in a couple suggestions I had for the game.

I'm a brand new player, just started two days ago, and have been REALLY enjoying the game. I'm a huge fan of Hero Academy so I fell in love with this one right away. Love the fact that there is Fog of War and such, puts a whole other spin on it.

With that being said, I believe there could definitely be some improvements. It does disappoint me that the special units are very rarely seen, games go by so quick. This I think can be resolved by one of two, or both things. One being the base in my opinion should have more health, I find it strange that my Heavy boosted by a medic has the same health as a building. Plus, the base can die in as little as two hits from a heavy then a soldier. It should be more of a battle to really destroy the base. And of course as a result, the games would last a little longer, and you would see special units a bit more often.

The other thing is to have bigger maps, with some/most of these maps, you can create a runner, move it just one or two spaces up, still out of sight from your opponent (sometimes), then next turn make it to the enemies base in one go and hit it, it's very hard to defend against situations like that especially when they can occur within the first few turns when you haven't had enough time to build a good defense.

Both of the above I think can be very beneficial to the games strategy elements (And I really would love to see the base get more health regardless).

Another thing is, though not a huge deal, but would definitely be nice to see, is a bit more unique units for each team. Would help make it more diverse.

Anyway, I very much look forward to the future of this game! It's very fun!

(I wish I wish I wish it was going to Android and was cross platform so I can play with all my other friends, but I know how difficult that can be Tongue )
07-09-2012, 03:21 PM
Making the base have more health could be a good idea, as lots of people are complaining about runners being overpowered. Having more base hp means a runner bashing on your base for one or two turns won't be a problem anymore, and it makes games longer for special units to come into play. I don't think making bigger maps would work, because that pretty much means your units won't be able to get back to base fast enough if your base was getting attacked by a runner.
07-09-2012, 03:48 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2012 03:49 PM by SergeS2K.)
(07-09-2012 03:21 PM)Fluffysox Wrote:  Making the base have more health could be a good idea, as lots of people are complaining about runners being overpowered. Having more base hp means a runner bashing on your base for one or two turns won't be a problem anymore, and it makes games longer for special units to come into play. I don't think making bigger maps would work, because that pretty much means your units won't be able to get back to base fast enough if your base was getting attacked by a runner.

Well, with a bigger map, it's going to take longer for a runner to get to your base, thereby letting you create a better defense, plus, you should never leave your base unguarded Tongue. Also spawn points are always close by in case you get caught in the position.

Still, I do see what you mean and I believe it would of course have to be play tested to make sure it is balanced.

But yes, the more I play the more I really do think the base needs more health, and that runners are that much more important in the current build. Doing basically a 'zerg' rush can win you the game too quickly, and being that you can have two heavys close to your base, against a swarm of lets say 4-5 runners for example, one would think heavies can take a group all on their own, but the game only allows one attack per character.

Which suddenly makes me think, maybe the heavies for their cost and slowness, should have the ability to move once, but attack twice in one turn, twice being only allowed against two different units next to him, not twice to the same unit? It was a sudden thought while I was typing this, so it possibly just would not work, but I thought I would throw it out there.
07-09-2012, 06:33 PM
About base health:
I now frequently encounter opponents I have drawn out matches with, because neither one gets a deciding advantage out of the first few battles. The 40+ turn stalemates really would never come to an end if the base had more health.
I can see it as a little issue on the smaller maps (especially Sharkfood Island), but generally I'm against raising the base health.
Once you get better and find similarly skilled opponents matches go on much longer than a runner rush.

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
07-09-2012, 06:41 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2012 06:43 PM by yasw.)
In general I will opt for any changes if they can be customizable. Having the option of starting a game with several kind of options like a configurable base health, configurable number of wits pr turn, max number of turns and so on would be great.
I think the current mechanics work very well, and see no reason to turn it upside down, but having more options will give great variety and require different strategies.
07-09-2012, 08:20 PM
I think something that can change the game alot is perks. I'm not sure if any other board game like games have this, but I've definitely seen other games. I use to play this soccer game from the makers of runescape (I know, i am a disgrace to the outwitters community) where you could put perks on your players. Like, let's say, I put a perk on my striker let's it run faster. That's what perks are if people didn't know. I even came up with a few myself Sleepy

Basic:
Spectacles: increases your heavies vision by 1.

Advanced:
This dimwit jockey just learned the art of combat: changes your heavys attack based on it's team.
Scallywag - extremely small life steal? Couldnt think of anything for a shark...that bites....
Feedback - since it does a spinning animation, maybe have it damage units to the left and right of the targeted unit?
Adorables - harder than the rest. Perhaps a piercing shot? But only through one unit.

I know these are just for heavies, but that's all I could think of. Oh, and probably everyone could have a maximum of 2 perks to take into battle?
I know these sound hard and complicated and I know programmers would have to work around the clock to meet my expectations Tongue
07-09-2012, 08:28 PM
(07-09-2012 08:20 PM)Fluffysox Wrote:  I think something that can change the game alot is perks. I'm not sure if any other board game like games have this, but I've definitely seen other games. I use to play this soccer game from the makers of runescape (I know, i am a disgrace to the outwitters community) where you could put perks on your players. Like, let's say, I put a perk on my striker let's it run faster. That's what perks are if people didn't know. I even came up with a few myself Sleepy

Basic:
Spectacles: increases your heavies vision by 1.

Advanced:
This dimwit jockey just learned the art of combat: changes your heavys attack based on it's team.
Scallywag - extremely small life steal? Couldnt think of anything for a shark...that bites....
Feedback - since it does a spinning animation, maybe have it damage units to the left and right of the targeted unit?
Adorables - harder than the rest. Perhaps a piercing shot? But only through one unit.

I know these are just for heavies, but that's all I could think of. Oh, and probably everyone could have a maximum of 2 perks to take into battle?
I know these sound hard and complicated and I know programmers would have to work around the clock to meet my expectations Tongue

While perks seem like a good idea, there is always the problem of balance.
But more importantly, I think that complicating teams does not benefit the game as a whole. OML purposefully decided to only differentiate the teams by their looks, their map themes and their Special Units (which do not appear in every game). So, the difference in team choice is very subtle and I find that a bold move, but a very beneficial and clever one. It keeps the learning curve for new teams low, the effort for balancing everything low and still allows for customization and valuable IAPs.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-09-2012, 08:33 PM
It would increase team diversity while not making teams so different one is just so overpowered, therefore encouraging players to buy teams Big Grin besides, 2 perks could only change the most, 2 units right? Or...just....make a ridiculously over powered one....Confused forget I said that.