Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Suggestions
07-11-2012, 02:55 AM
RE: Suggestions
It is getting quite frustrating to play. My list is almost completely full of games that have not been touched in more than a day. I do understand the "what if" scenario, "what if someone is on vacation", or "what if someone gets hurt", but I think more players will move away from this game if this 7 day issue is not fixed than players will stay because it remains the same. Just my .02 cents, I will surely be sticking around as the game is EPIC, just getting frustrated with the number of games I can actively play.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2012, 04:20 AM
Bear in mind that launch day (or launch week) is going to have the most dropout players you'll ever see. There will also be spikes every time a new team or patch is released, just the nature of the beast. I think it's a safe bet this problem will largely fade away as soon as the first batch of inactives time out in a few days.
07-11-2012, 04:36 AM
Quote:still waiting to see a single good use of the Snail in about 40 games

A well-placed snail can block off a large section of the board for you. Especially if you are able to get it defended and out from your base a little bit.

Try getting close enough to one of the opponents wit squares so that your snail can hit it with splash damage. That makes it easy to take and hold with a scout or two.

I will say it depends on the map. I've used it mostly on Glitch and Peekaboo and a little bit on Long Nine.
07-11-2012, 04:48 AM
(07-11-2012 02:55 AM)Chris19h Wrote:  It is getting quite frustrating to play. My list is almost completely full of games that have not been touched in more than a day. I do understand the "what if" scenario, "what if someone is on vacation", or "what if someone gets hurt", but I think more players will move away from this game if this 7 day issue is not fixed than players will stay because it remains the same. Just my .02 cents, I will surely be sticking around as the game is EPIC, just getting frustrated with the number of games I can actively play.

+1
07-12-2012, 08:50 AM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2012 08:54 AM by Lordoftheslugs.)
I just started out on a 2v2 and i thought of (what i hope is) a simple mechanic that would make teamwork a lot easier to manage.

Markers, i think it would be very nice if one could place markers on the map for your partner to see. It could be done by holding your finger on a spot for a second and removed the same way. I think it would make tactical planning a lot easier and more fun. Smile

Another suggestion, this one is more of a request, could the chat be made landscape compatible or whatever it is called. My big manly fingers have a hard time hitting the right buttons when the keyboard is so small Tongue

Oh and why can't i see the movement shadow of the enemies when its not my turn? (also a tactical disadvantage) Big Grin
07-12-2012, 09:12 AM
Markers would be a good idea, just like in portal Big Grin I think you should be able to number the markers if you need to place down many.
07-12-2012, 09:34 AM
Yeah, maybe it could just count the number of markers, aka first marker is number 1, second, number 2 and so on and so forth Smile
07-12-2012, 10:00 AM
(07-12-2012 08:50 AM)Lordoftheslugs Wrote:  Oh and why can't i see the movement shadow of the enemies when its not my turn? (also a tactical disadvantage) Big Grin

Being able to see your opponents fog of war would be great, but I don't know if it would then take some of the tactical elements out of it?
07-12-2012, 10:08 AM
How about some colorblind settings?
When i'm playing 2v2 games i sometimes have trouble telling green and yellow apart. Especially when the units start getting closer together.

If you can't change the colors could it be possible to have indicators over allied units or something similar to that. Thanks a bunch.Smile
07-12-2012, 10:09 AM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2012 10:10 AM by brayton.)
It will just be a matter of time until 3 player triangle amd 6player hexagon maps are implemented, theeres not much point to go crazy with ideas caus they have to do heeps of work on them. All.
I dont think a map where u have ur base in the center of a circle map with endless enimies would be good

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos
[Image: sig.png]