Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Clan league!
12-02-2012, 09:08 PM
RE: Clan league!
Just seconding Necrocat's post here, I'm not too keen on letting my Clan face iPro just to get 0-11'ed.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2012, 09:13 PM
Also imperial, I know that this can't be a direct comparison, but the reason why your solution won't work is partially because we could never come up with a accurate compensation, but mainly because someone of so and so level above you is predicted to win 100% of the time. I'm drawing upon my knowledge of chess here, but if someone is 30-40 Elo points above you then you're chances of winning are under 10%

Also I understand that you took back much of your statement but it seems you are just objecting this perfectly good idea because it affects your clan. 'At best you could have 5 supertitan' please note that the majority of clans (Wolfpack , ICE, Diamond and Mobi) have all got 1 Supertitan or less. This is meant to be the best for all clans, I don't want a clan system where all but one clan quits because of the other.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
12-03-2012, 01:18 AM
Well, i i find all these ideas good (except for the A-team/B-team one), the shiftables idea of Harti in perticular; let me propose the following:

2Master League
4Gifted League
3Clever LeagueFluffy League

With the ability to shift upward 3 seats, with following caps:

2Super-Titan
4Master League
6Gifted League
Non-Gifted being unlimited.

Note that in this example Seats A/B are counted as one team instead of 2 players per seat.

12-03-2012, 02:52 AM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2012 03:18 AM by alexjiang1.)
(12-02-2012 08:58 PM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  These restrictions are so that no one clan can monopolize all their games; before the creation of any clans I mentioned that clans need to be balanced way before the creation of any clan and actually brought this idea up with some other players who were interested in clans. I also mentioned that as long as no clan advertises themselves as only for the best or isn't selective to top players clans will take of. Umm...

Quote:Along with Mr. Banger, we will be creating the iPro clan, the simple, the best.
We want the best and expect nothing less, so this clan will be selective.

So simply you've been advertising to only the best players. I know that you haven't had any gifted or lower players apply but you can hardly blame them for getting intimidated.
You also saw that there were already 3 clans - SEAL Wolfpack and Ice clan, all of which were recruiting a verity of players

Quote:Clans can use these low ranked players to effectively field an all supertitan lineup

Isn't that basis for your argument null and void considering 5/8 members of your Clan are Supertitan?...

4 are masters, you can't count me and Banger as separate as its 2v2. 4 ST, 4 M Smile
(12-02-2012 09:13 PM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  Also imperial, I know that this can't be a direct comparison, but the reason why your solution won't work is partially because we could never come up with a accurate compensation, but mainly because someone of so and so level above you is predicted to win 100% of the time. I'm drawing upon my knowledge of chess here, but if someone is 30-40 Elo points above you then you're chances of winning are under 10%

Also I understand that you took back much of your statement but it seems you are just objecting this perfectly good idea because it affects your clan. 'At best you could have 5 supertitan' please note that the majority of clans (Wolfpack , ICE, Diamond and Mobi) have all got 1 Supertitan or less. This is meant to be the best for all clans, I don't want a clan system where all but one clan quits because of the other.

3 ST is fine also. For chess if someone is 200 points higher than you, you have a 25% chance of winning, not if they are 30-40. Chess rating isn't so hard to gain that there is a huge difference between a 2000 and a 2040. I've went to a tournament recently where in the same round, a 1900 beat a 2200, a 1800 beat a 2050 and a 1850 beat a 2100.

iPro Clan
12-03-2012, 02:56 AM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2012 02:57 AM by Necrocat219.)
I only make statistics. You yourself listed your members as 5 Supertitans and 3 Masters, and we know your forte is 2vs2 battles so I really don't see how it doesn't count.

Quote:Members:
alexjiang1-2v2 ST
Mr. Banger-2v2 ST
terenceshiu2005-ST
Emuchu-M
Thrutchy-M
Da Wizerd-ST
vide0gamer-ST
aaronindayton-M

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
12-03-2012, 02:59 AM
(12-03-2012 02:56 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  I only make statistics. You yourself listed your members as 5 Supertitans and 3 Masters, and we know your forte is 2vs2 battles so I really don't see how it doesn't count.

Quote:Members:
alexjiang1-2v2 ST
Mr. Banger-2v2 ST
terenceshiu2005-ST
Emuchu-M
Thrutchy-M
Da Wizerd-ST
vide0gamer-ST
aaronindayton-M
Because in 2v2 you don't play separately, you play together. In my clan forum it's altered a bit listing me and Banger as one, we also recently got another ST. Unless you're saying that if there is only 2 ST spots, me and Banger would have to occupy both

iPro Clan
12-03-2012, 03:02 AM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2012 03:06 AM by Necrocat219.)
(12-03-2012 02:52 AM)alexjiang1 Wrote:  
(12-02-2012 08:58 PM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  These restrictions are so that no one clan can monopolize all their games; before the creation of any clans I mentioned that clans need to be balanced way before the creation of any clan and actually brought this idea up with some other players who were interested in clans. I also mentioned that as long as no clan advertises themselves as only for the best or isn't selective to top players clans will take of. Umm...

Quote:Along with Mr. Banger, we will be creating the iPro clan, the simple, the best.

So simply you've been advertising to only the best players. I know that you haven't had any gifted or lower players apply but you can hardly blame them for getting intimidated.
You also saw that there were already 3 clans - SEAL Wolfpack and Ice clan, all of which were recruiting a verity of players

Quote:Clans can use these low ranked players to effectively field an all supertitan lineup

Isn't that basis for your argument null and void considering 5/8 members of your Clan are Supertitan?...

5 are masters, you can't count me and Banger as separate as its 2v2. 4 ST, 5 M Smile
(12-02-2012 09:13 PM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  Also imperial, I know that this can't be a direct comparison, but the reason why your solution won't work is partially because we could never come up with a accurate compensation, but mainly because someone of so and so level above you is predicted to win 100% of the time. I'm drawing upon my knowledge of chess here, but if someone is 30-40 Elo points above you then you're chances of winning are under 10%

3 ST is fine also. For chess if someone is 200 points higher than you, you have a 25% chance of winning, not if they are 30-40. Chess rating isn't so hard to gain that there is a huge difference between a 2000 and a 2040. I've went to a tournament recently where in the same round, a 1900 beat a 2200, a 1800 beat a 2050 and a 1850 beat a 2100.

I'm sorry I was using the wrong elo system, I was assuming it was a system that the avarage was approximately 150. And another thing; you have 5 Supertitans, otherwise why do you call yourself a Supertitan? Changing what you are saying isn't a good thing.

(12-03-2012 02:59 AM)alexjiang1 Wrote:  Because in 2v2 you don't play separately, you play together. In my clan forum it's altered a bit listing me and Banger as one, we also recently got another ST. Unless you're saying that if there is only 2 ST spots, me and Banger would have to occupy both

In all the tournaments so far there are a mixture of 1vs1 battles and 2vs2 battles so your 2vs2 ranking does count. You would have to take turns for Supertitans playing. Other clans won't suffer for you making a clan specifically for high level players.

12-03-2012, 03:08 AM
(12-03-2012 03:02 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  
(12-03-2012 02:52 AM)alexjiang1 Wrote:  

5 are masters, you can't count me and Banger as separate as its 2v2. 4 ST, 5 M Smile

I'm sorry I was using the wrong elo system, I was assuming it was a system that the avarage was approximately 150. And another thing; you have 5 Supertitans, otherwise why do you call yourself a Supertitan? Changing what you are saying isn't a good thing.

(12-03-2012 02:59 AM)alexjiang1 Wrote:  Because in 2v2 you don't play separately, you play together. In my clan forum it's altered a bit listing me and Banger as one, we also recently got another ST. Unless you're saying that if there is only 2 ST spots, me and Banger would have to occupy both

In all the tournaments so far there are a mixture of 1vs1 battles and 2vs2 battles so your 2vs2 ranking does count. You would have to take turns for Supertitans playing. Other clans won't suffer for you making a clan specifically for high level players.
Except 2v2 is worth the same as 1v1 in terms of scoring so technically 2v2=1 point so the two playing should count as 1. And me and Banger reached 2v2 together, we didn't reach it with random partners then decided to join together. Here is what is written in our clan forum

(11-30-2012 08:55 AM)alexjiang1 Wrote:  Members
alexjiang1 and Mr. Banger- 2v2 ST
terenceshiu2005 and Emuchu- ST and Master
Da Wizerd and Thrutchy- ST and Master
vide0gamer and aaronINdayton- ST and Master
Szei-Master
Super-Titan4
Master League4

iPro Clan
12-03-2012, 03:14 AM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2012 03:18 AM by Necrocat219.)
I can't view your clan clan forum, I am grabbing what everyone can read, right there on your clan thread that advertises to other clans players. what I stated.

12-03-2012, 03:22 AM
If you need any help Gfich, I would definitely be willing to help out. Cool idea!

College Basketball Tournament for Outwitters!

They call me the weed cutter, the cutie killer, the machine masher, the pirate pulverizer.

Outwitters Name: Coolio - da best