Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[CLAN] Diamond League - Witness our wit!
10-12-2013, 11:05 AM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2013 11:07 AM by Harti.)
RE: Diamond League - Witness our wit! v2.0
Actually we're already (gradually) getting kinda nitpicky when it comes to applications, so these users would have the chance to apply for other clans if they
a) noticed the other threads
b) met the clan's application requirements (if applicable)
c) liked the clan's overall appearance.

While we're certainly doing a better job than the other clans concerning a), I don't feel it's really that pushy. Of course we're proudly presenting our signature banner whereever we post, but we don't endeavor to spam all the forums to advertise.

When we decline an applicant, we usually don't directly push them towards other clans (anymore), that is true. Sometimes in the past we did (cp. when I sent people to the newly founded S.E.A.L. - remember Gfich?! *cough*), but for some reason a portion of these people wasn't interested in joining any of the remaining clans. So that's probably an issue about design and requirement guidelines that needs to be adressed on your side. It begins with whether or not a user can identify with the clan's name or aims - and it ends with being scared off by a clan seemingly being "too elite for them to even try".

Thanks for mentioning it though, we really appreciate that point of view and will be trying not to appear as "pushy".
We (as in .Memories. and the complete rest of the clan, since I'm kinda out of Outwitters) are merely trying to find interested and active Outwitters players and do our best to try to give them a home and useful advice - thusly making them enjoy this wonderful game even more. It was never our intention to outrun other clans by doing what we do.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2013, 04:13 PM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2013 04:16 PM by =) Random Task (=.)
(10-12-2013 05:12 AM)Gf!sh Wrote:  Nothing against you, but you might want to limit new applicants in favour of other clans. I believe part of iPro and Anonymous having such trouble maintaining themselves is that other clans (mainy you) act a bit too 'pushy' to get new recruits.

I would like to add to what Harti and others posted in reply to your request. I dont think that if we would stop to accept new members this would solve problems other clans have to stay active. Activity comes from within a clan, Gf!ch. It is not driven by new applicants. You need a core of active members who are willing to contribute and exchange with the others. If existing members moan about inactivity why should a newbie be interested to join a clan?

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.
10-12-2013, 09:50 PM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2013 09:52 PM by jesusfuentesh.)
My God, can you all just forgive Gf!sh for his comment? Or else create a thread just to argue with him haha. Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

Gf!sh said "might want". Also, about the 'pushy' thing, he might be wrong. It's just his opinion which he wanted to express.

Furthermore every clan has its terms and conditions and ways to recruit. So, in my opinion, it's up to you what you do.

Peace guys Wink

Don't neglect your fellowship with God, family and study by playing video games. Be organized with your time

GC name: jesusfuentesh
Super-Titan 1v1; 2v2
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-12-2013, 09:57 PM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2013 10:00 PM by Mag!cGuy.)
??
You see arguments where there are none! We are telling gf!sh he is wrong, that we are the ones deciding how we manage our clan and that it's up to the other clans to find members, nothing else. Saying what we have to say doesn't mean arguing. It's true anyway that coming on the thread to tell we are partly the cause of ipro or anonymous inactiveness even though it's not right was not very mannered either. Wink

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

10-12-2013, 10:01 PM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2013 10:06 PM by jesusfuentesh.)
ar•gue ( ˈɑr gyu )
v. -gued, -gu•ing. v.i.
1. to present reasons for or against a thing: to argue 'in favor of/against' an opinion or belief

ar•gu•ment ( ˈɑr gyə mənt )
n.
2. a discussion involving differing points of view; debate.

We can solve this in a "free for all" match on Outwitters!.. Ah.. That gameplay mode doesn't exist Sad

Don't neglect your fellowship with God, family and study by playing video games. Be organized with your time

Super-Titan 1v1; 2v2
10-12-2013, 10:06 PM
I have learnt "argument" meaning something else, like "quarrel". But it seems argue simply means debating, and then, why do you say "could you forgive" or "peace" if we are only debating?

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

10-12-2013, 10:12 PM
Smile RE: Diamond League - Witness our wit! v2.0
(10-12-2013 10:06 PM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  I have learnt "argument" meaning something else, like "quarrel". But it seems argue simply means debating, and then, why do you say "could you forgive" or "peace" if we are only debating?

Argue could also mean like "quarrel" but it's not what I wanted to mean.

Forgive and peace are just beautiful words I like remembering when I see whatever kind of disagreement somewhere Heart

Super-Titan 1v1; 2v2
10-12-2013, 10:14 PM
Oh okay, you know disagreeing doesn't mean hatin' Big Grin

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

10-12-2013, 10:18 PM
(10-12-2013 10:14 PM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  Oh okay, you know disagreeing doesn't mean hatin' Big Grin

Haha yeah. One may learn something new every day Fluffy League

Over and out Wink

Super-Titan 1v1; 2v2
10-13-2013, 02:39 AM
Still no access to the forum