Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Clan league!
12-02-2012, 04:34 AM
RE: Clash of Clans - Working Draft
Good idea. Let's continiue this on the other thread, shall we?

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2012, 07:18 AM
RE: Clan league!
3 Masters Master League
2 Gifted Gifted League
2 Non-Gifted Clever LeagueFluffy League
2 Free Choice Super-TitanMaster LeagueGifted LeagueClever LeagueFluffy League

Whereas 2v2 pairs also count towards that.

Also, we still need a sixth clan to get things rollin'
[/quote]

Well I've made the 6th clan
Problem is that Some clans have a lot of ST and my clan so far has none.

~> Gifted League 1v1 Gifted
~> GC: OutWitter11
~>S.E.A.L.
~>Scotland!
12-02-2012, 07:23 AM
You'll need more members first, smallest games running are 5 players. Don't worry you just made it, give it a little time Smile

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
12-02-2012, 07:46 AM
I'm sure I speak for the whole diamond league when is say that we would certainly be happy to take part in this event. We have a good spread of most leagues so we shoul be good for the system.

Judment

Proud Member of the Diamond League!

Will Scramble for Wits - My journey in Outwitters

(12-29-2012 12:04 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  He probably only called scrambler gay because you penetrated him with it. Big Grin
12-02-2012, 08:06 AM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2012 08:08 AM by Harti.)
(12-02-2012 02:44 AM)Gfich Wrote:  3 Masters
2 Gifted
2 Non-Gifted
2 Free Choice
I really do like that approach. I think we should improve it a little, though. If we were able to give the Clan Leaders a little bit more flexibility (also what happens if a Clan is able to help each other in such a way everybody gets promoted by 1 league?)...

I wonder how exactly we can achieve that. Back on the Advance Wars forums, the tournament judge "seeded" the players by skill. Each clan had 5 members and they were ordered by their skill. Best = 1, Second = 2, ... and so on.
Then there was a rule that every player would usually have to play at the Seat number they were seeded to. However, this would create fixed pairings, so the leader was allowed to shift people up/down by 1 seat. So you were able to assign P3 to Seat 2 and P2 to Seat 3. Understand where I'm coming from?

So let's adapt this in some way, except we're using leagues instead of seeds. Firstly, remember that it's 11 Seats in total as A and B consist of 2 Seats each.

Possibility #1:
Quote:Name League [shiftable]
ST Super-Titan [Master League]
M Master League [Super-TitanGifted League]
G Gifted League [Master LeagueClever League]
C Clever League [Gifted League Fluffy]

2 ST
3 M
3 G
2 C
1 free choice
Con: If there's no limit to shifting people, there's still room for 6 Super-Titans which is way too much...

Possibility #2:
Quote:You've got 49 points to assign.

League | Cost
Super-Titan 10
Master League 7
Gifted League 5
Clever League 3
Fluffy League 1

So you could take with you...
Quote:4xST 1xG 1xC 1xF 4x*FORFEIT*
Quote:2xST 3xM 1xG 1xC 4x*FORFEIT*
Quote:2xST 2xM 3xG 4x*FORFEIT*
Quote:1xST 2xM 3xG 3xC 1xF
Quote:1xST 3xM 2xG 2xC 2xF 1x*FORFEIT*
^49 and the other numbers were completely arbitrary.

Con: Seems to limit Super-Titan clans much.
Pro, on the other hand: Not every clan consists of only Super-Titans. *cough*
Sorry, but I wasn't allowed to put more than 10 images per post, I already cheated by double posting. Big Grin

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
12-02-2012, 09:49 AM
Another idea:

ST
M / ST <--- shiftable (1)
M
M
G / M <--- shiftable (2)
G
G
C/F / G <--- shiftable (3)
C/F
C/F
C/F

If you shift (1) up (ST instead of M), you have to omit shifts for (2) and (3): 2x ST, 2x M, 3x G, 4x C/F
If you shift (2) up (M instead of G), you have to omit the (3) shift: 1x ST, 4x M, 2x G, 4x C/F
If you shift (3) up it's fine: 1x ST, 3x M, 4x G, 3x C/F

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
12-02-2012, 10:33 AM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2012 11:04 AM by ImperialSun.)
My original post is crossed out at the bottom of this comment.

Actually I take back my original statement. I don't like all these league based restrictions.
Having league based restrictions opens up avenues for abuse. For example, I noticed that quite a few players have talked about how they are lower league than their skill level should dictate. Clans can use these low ranked players to effectively field an all supertitan lineup. This is especially true if said players are willing to just play league on a different account and leave their account they registered for in clever, gifted, masters, etc.

However, another issue is that it feels a bit strange that clans can't just field their strong players and instead need to 'weaken' their lineup. Here's my compromise.

A-Team/B-Team Proposition

Instead I suggest we have an A-team/B-team system.

The A-team competition has no restrictions on players based on league. Every team fields their best players.
The B-team competition has league-based restrictions so that lower league clan members still get to compete.

The overall winner of the clan league can be judged based on a combination of the A-team and B-team results.

If you want to restrict supertitan stacking in clans further you could make it so that supertitans who compete in the A-team competition cannot compete in the B-team competition.

I like your ideas harti, but I feel that it is becoming overcomplicated. Perhaps just implement the shiftable rule to the original idea so that it becomes

3 Masters [shiftable Super-TitanMaster LeagueGifted League]
2 Gifted [shiftable Master LeagueGifted LeagueClever League]
2 Clever [shiftable Gifted LeagueClever LeagueFluffy League]
2 Free Choice

At best you could have 5 supertitan, 2 master, and 2 gifted.

Looking at the current teams this seems pretty reasonable (EDIT: actually it looks like a few teams don't have enough low level players)

In order of ST, M, G, C, F the best setups for each team (note that this isn't technically correct because I'm using 1v1 rankings and not any 2v2 rankings, but it should be enough for a basic assessment):

Diamond League
iPro
5,2,1... iPro doesn't have the requisite members to compete (needs more low level players)
Anonymous
5... Anonymous doesn't have the requisite members to compete (needs more low level players)
12-02-2012, 01:24 PM
I agree with imperial. And hey man, have you started those friendlys?

iPro
12-02-2012, 01:41 PM
bump.
12-02-2012, 08:58 PM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2012 09:01 PM by Necrocat219.)
These restrictions are so that no one clan can monopolize all their games; before the creation of any clans I mentioned that clans need to be balanced way before the creation of any clan and actually brought this idea up with some other players who were interested in clans. I also mentioned that as long as no clan advertises themselves as only for the best or isn't selective to top players clans will take of. Umm...

Quote:Along with Mr. Banger, we will be creating the iPro clan, the simple, the best.
We want the best and expect nothing less, so this clan will be selective.

So simply you've been advertising to only the best players. I know that you haven't had any gifted or lower players apply but you can hardly blame them for getting intimidated.
You also saw that there were already 3 clans - SEAL Wolfpack and Ice clan, all of which were recruiting a verity of players

Quote:Clans can use these low ranked players to effectively field an all supertitan lineup

Isn't that basis for your argument null and void considering 5/8 members of your Clan are Supertitan?...

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?