Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
02-06-2014, 03:40 PM
Merch
So I know it's been brought up before but is there any way to get like a stuffed animal of the units or something. My girlfriend absolutely loves the adorables. Her favorite unit is the adorables sniper which she now refers to as an eleplops, and really wanted a stuffed version of it.

When she found out they didn't exist she got all sad (when she's in a 'oh thats so cute' mode she acts younger than her age, but she's 17. Lol) and I thought it would be a really cool valentines day present but since thats like a week away a birthday present. Is there any way the people of outwitters can convince you to make merchandise? I know at least a few people would buy. Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2014, 06:59 PM
RE: Merch
no, there is no Outwitters merchandise to my knowledge. You have enough time, you could conceivably make her a plush sniper if you're willing to brave JoAnn Fabrics and learn how to sew

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
02-07-2014, 02:16 AM
I highly doubt I could sew well enough for it to look like an 'eleplops' lol
02-07-2014, 02:26 AM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2014 02:27 AM by His_Daddy.)
its nose is difficult to be realized, it need to be sometimes soft and bended and sometimes straight....
oh wait....maybe you can make a tattoo or body painting...nah she's just 17...
02-07-2014, 02:28 AM
Lol I'll probably try to make it myself and post the results here but i dont expect it to be fantastic.
02-07-2014, 02:29 AM
Looking forward to see it!
02-07-2014, 02:30 AM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2014 02:31 AM by Setorines.)
Also looking at pictures so I can try to make this i found a logical reason why snipers can only move 1 space. They only have 1 eye which is good for shooting through a scope but is terrible on depth perception and have to be very careful when they move so they don't fall or run into something/one
02-07-2014, 02:45 AM
Actually, to be realistic, you may start from a pink stuffed elephant like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ty-Ellie-the-Pin...25892c3bc1
or
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gigapals-6-Pink-...417c59fb80
And change their eyes into one.
It should be easier.
02-07-2014, 05:18 AM
Hmm.. The problem is i would have to cover the eyes with more fabric and the stich lines would show, so I think I would have to do it all for it to look right.
02-07-2014, 06:20 AM
there are lots of good pics of "Eleplops" online (Adam has a few illustrations that show him in great detail), so it shouldn't be too hard.

seriously, go to JoAnn Fabrics or something and ask someone to help you out. Sewing isn't manly, but sacrificing your manliness for your woman is Wink

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome