Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
Outwitters Map Creator 1.2
01-09-2013, 12:40 PM
RE: [NEW] Outwitters Map Creator 1.0
VERY cool Hart!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2013, 12:54 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2013 12:55 PM by ImperialSun.)
(01-09-2013 12:22 PM)Harti Wrote:  
(01-09-2013 12:09 PM)game_taker Wrote:  A spot to make comments to maps that aren't yours.
That's a fairly good idea, but then again I'd too have to implement a delete function against spam and violent comments. But if the map owner was able to delete comments, they would have the power to remove constructive criticism. Thus, I'd have to create a moderator user group that'd regularly check maps for spam etc. and have them remove these comments.

All in all very many issues popping up after considering it. I'd rather prefer somebody posted a new thread on the forums for that. I could indeed a field for the forum thread URL so that the link appears when the map is viewed and people could click it to discuss it.

In that case I have a comment for Walk the Plank that I'll just make here. It's an interesting premise, but I see the ability to spawn a bombshell and attack the wit space over the gap in one move potentially problematic. I read your description before and it was something about how the sniper is a doomsday clock on that wit space. Instead people can just use shells though if they play Scallywags.

Also could you allow people to re-rate maps? People could change their minds or more importantly the map could be edited.

You're missing a runner btw
01-09-2013, 12:56 PM
Very very nice Tongue
01-09-2013, 01:09 PM
(01-09-2013 12:54 PM)ImperialSun Wrote:  Also could you allow people to re-rate maps? People could change their minds or more importantly the map could be edited.
Done that. I think that occasionally a re-/double-rate will be possible therefore but I guess that's okay.

Quote:You're missing a runner btw
Ha! Thanks. Big Grin"

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
01-09-2013, 01:21 PM
That was fast! Adding onto my previous comment though, the bombshell spawn for Scallywags may not be that bad for Adorables because they can get a mobi out and teleport the sniper over to help deal with it or to attack on their side and make it even. However, what is Feedback supposed to do? Seems like they're just screwed.
01-09-2013, 01:26 PM
(01-09-2013 01:21 PM)ImperialSun Wrote:  That was fast! Adding onto my previous comment though, the bombshell spawn for Scallywags may not be that bad for Adorables because they can get a mobi out and teleport the sniper over to help deal with it or to attack on their side and make it even. However, what is Feedback supposed to do? Seems like they're just screwed.
Yeah that's somewhat true. I don't want to say that I forgot about it but... I think I forgot about it.

There's hardly a way to fix this, though, except for a backdoor possibility. Either way it's not going to be as bad as Peekaboo, so... Tongue

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

01-09-2013, 01:42 PM
With the "export" button (png), possibly add it underneath the "fork" buttons, to make it more obvious?

At first, I thought you'd added user avatars on the creator and it was a broken image Tongue
01-09-2013, 01:59 PM
This is awesome! I plan to tinker with it for a couple days. I made a map I thought out a while ago. I was thinking making it 2v2 instead of 1v1

Click Me! Big Grin

GC: Great Wolf Sif
01-09-2013, 02:10 PM
(01-09-2013 01:59 PM)SerPurpleWolf Wrote:  This is awesome! I plan to tinker with it for a couple days.

Only a couple of days? You make Harti sad :<

01-09-2013, 03:24 PM
(01-09-2013 01:26 PM)Harti Wrote:  Either way it's not going to be as bad as Peekaboo, so... Tongue

Though that isn't saying much, is it? haha

But speaking of Peekaboo your remake is much better, at least from an initial impression. Of course, even if it may be more balanced, I have to say the map looks pretty bland. Well, I guess it's unique in that sense, maybe one extremely basic map is okay. Not criticizing you, you had to work with what you were given, just saying Tongue