Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Super-Titan Replay Discussion
12-11-2012, 10:37 PM
RE: Super-Titan Replay Thread
(12-11-2012 08:44 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  
(12-11-2012 03:59 AM)poweewee Wrote:  Hey Harti! I was just about to share this game, but you beat me to it. Smile At about turn 50, we're both down to 1 health, and then we go back and forth for 50 turns trying to get through with one hit Smile

(12-10-2012 03:17 PM)_H2O Wrote:  turn 31 was a huge let down for me, i think brambles useless you could have just sniped his third brush back and gotten 3 wits worth out of it for only one of yours. You also lost a wit from losing your spawn space but you still come out up one wit. Then you wasted like 5 wits using the same useless bramble bushes when you could have used those to heal your mindcontroller and drop a soldier to cover it in a way that it could not be killed.

Just wanted to give my view on that turn and bramble. This was a shining example to me of how weak that unit is Big Grin

Just to be clear, killing thorns DO NOT give you wits as in the +1wit/kill rule.

Besides, I was just testing some stuff around with the bramble in this game. At around turn 90 I finally figure out how to use those thorns effectively. Smile

He was criticizing Harti!'s move where he mind controlled your bramble, not your overall bramble play.
Yes I agree, I've made two or three insanely stupid moves on that game, if I remember correctly it was on 39 and 49 (or 49 and 59? I don't recall) and sometime later on.

I still felt like sharing it, I learned what I could've done better. If I had used the mindcontrolled Bramble more carefully, poweewee wouldn't even have gotten through!

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2012, 10:44 PM
bump*

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
12-11-2012, 10:46 PM
I think we need a BUMP!

Masters again finally Master League

Member of the Wolfpack clan.
12-11-2012, 10:57 PM
bump*

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
12-12-2012, 12:23 AM
(12-11-2012 11:28 AM)Heycoolkidheycoolkidheycoolkid Wrote:  Less than ten turn win with mobi on Reaper.

Vs Boshajwa

scary
12-12-2012, 05:51 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2012 12:01 PM by joelduque.)
Exciting nailbiter at Foundry:

[x] joelduque (S) vs. Wakenator (S)

Strickly speaking, the app update (v1.2) occurred mid-game with his turn.

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
12-12-2012, 11:48 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2012 12:09 PM by _H2O.)
_H2O (S) vs alanthefast (V)

This game to me highlights the weakness of veggie. I just watch him place his vines and dont really care, he over expands down the bottom and i kill his main vine then wipe out his army. With the wit advantage from that move I am able to take a huge map position and take a really fast victory. I think if i played veggie I would just not make the super and hope to win through aggression with the standard units Confused
_H2O (S) vs DukeDynasty (S)

This was a long game, 101 turns I believe. Shows slowly creeping an advantage with low risk gameplay.

I would appreciate any advice on moves that were inefficient Smile. (I made a huge blunder involving two runners on a BS at one point, because i didnt realize i would block my own BS from splashing Sad)
(12-11-2012 10:19 AM)joelduque Wrote:  
(12-11-2012 12:27 AM)terenceshiu2005 Wrote:  I shouldn't spawn a medic if I am being rushed, right?

Terenceshiu2005 vs Poksh

I was victimized with similar rushes before. Dunno if Foundry map is still broken. Sad
Comments and suggestions on how to improve p2 defense very welcome! Smile

F ss p2 loss 16
Pokhs
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y9639AQw

F ss p2 loss 20
Pokhs
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YkoL8AQw

Going to watch this closely, in all my games I have found if you don't rush and play standard p1 is at a huge disadvantage. Just always seems like the 3 wits makes a huge difference on setting up that offensive on the main spawn and wit space then it just snowballs.
12-12-2012, 12:26 PM
(12-12-2012 11:48 AM)_H2O Wrote:  _H2O (S) vs alanthefast (V)

This game to me highlights the weakness of veggie. I just watch him place his vines and dont really care, he over expands down the bottom and i kill his main vine then wipe out his army. With the wit advantage from that move I am able to take a huge map position and take a really fast victory. I think if i played veggie I would just not make the super and hope to win through aggression with the standard units Confused

I've played alanthefast before and I know he's a good player, so I have to think he was just still experimenting and learning how to use the bramble in competitive matches. He made a pretty big oopsie making that long chain to your spawn with a 1hp root thorn that he knew was in range of your bombshell.

Not that I'm overly defending bramble balance, mind you. I think it's pretty impossible to use well against a bombshell or a scrambler.
12-12-2012, 02:59 PM
Although adorable wins are harder to come by for me, they are more satisfying.

Tried to take advantage of the upper most spot on sharkfood.
Mobi the D[***]

Against $tugot$, who has been wiping the floor with me in our other matches..
12-12-2012, 03:05 PM
(12-12-2012 02:59 PM)Heycoolkidheycoolkidheycoolkid Wrote:  Although adorable wins are harder to come by for me, they are more satisfying.

Tried to take advantage of the upper most spot on sharkfood.
Mobi the D[***]

Against $tugot$, who has been wiping the floor with me in our other matches..

http://www.onemanleft.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=1141

awk