Clan league!
12-03-2012, 05:30 AM
RE: Clan league!
Forum bug 0.o

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2012, 05:33 AM
(12-03-2012 05:28 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  Alright thanks for clearing up the rules that will be used. Also, ''NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO''? O__o whats happened?

No hard feelings Big Grin, it felt good to have a thoughtful debate Tongue

iPro Clan
12-03-2012, 05:41 AM
Well it was just some rules so you both count as one Supertitan instead of two, understood. Tongue Now we can get back on topic.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
12-03-2012, 05:45 AM
Currenty collecting all rules in OP.

12-03-2012, 06:04 AM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2012 05:14 PM by ImperialSun.)
(12-02-2012 08:58 PM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  These restrictions are so that no one clan can monopolize all their games; before the creation of any clans I mentioned that clans need to be balanced way before the creation of any clan and actually brought this idea up with some other players who were interested in clans. I also mentioned that as long as no clan advertises themselves as only for the best or isn't selective to top players clans will take of. Umm...

Quote:Along with Mr. Banger, we will be creating the iPro clan, the simple, the best.
We want the best and expect nothing less, so this clan will be selective.

So simply you've been advertising to only the best players. I know that you haven't had any gifted or lower players apply but you can hardly blame them for getting intimidated.
You also saw that there were already 3 clans - SEAL Wolfpack and Ice clan, all of which were recruiting a verity of players

Quote:Clans can use these low ranked players to effectively field an all supertitan lineup

Isn't that basis for your argument null and void considering 5/8 members of your Clan are Supertitan?...

I'm sorry. I don't see why clans need to be balanced. In some sports you have salary caps, but many you do not. Essentially you are having a salary cap vs no salary cap argument. I don't think we should prevent teams from recruiting whatever players they want.

When you say my A-team B-team idea won't work, you're flat-out wrong. Why? Because it "working" isn't the same as satisfying your desire for all teams to be equal. That's not the intention. The A-team B-team idea is meant to allow all levels of players to compete.

I don't like restricting teams to create a balance the way you suggest because then it makes high level players have less chance to play in teams with many high level players. Being good at the game should never make you less desirable.

Honestly, if we don't go with some kind of A-team B-team scheme I'm just going to make a fluffy account and advertise myself as a Masters player in Fluffy league. I'll be one of the most desirable players. -_-

On a side note, if you want to pick on someone, it shouldn't be iPro. It should be Anonymous. Have you looked at their lineup?

(12-02-2012 09:13 PM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  Also imperial, I know that this can't be a direct comparison, but the reason why your solution won't work is partially because we could never come up with a accurate compensation, but mainly because someone of so and so level above you is predicted to win 100% of the time. I'm drawing upon my knowledge of chess here, but if someone is 30-40 Elo points above you then you're chances of winning are under 10%

I already addressed this above, but the point isn't to make things "fair". At any rate, I don't get your point. Yea, maybe a clan only has 10% chance of winning in the A-Team comp because teams like Anonymous and iPro are stacked. However, in the B-team, Anonymous and iPro will be in a lot of trouble because they used their good players in the A-team competition.

Quote:Also I understand that you took back much of your statement but it seems you are just objecting this perfectly good idea because it affects your clan. 'At best you could have 5 supertitan' please note that the majority of clans (Wolfpack , ICE, Diamond and Mobi) have all got 1 Supertitan or less. This is meant to be the best for all clans, I don't want a clan system where all but one clan quits because of the other.

I'm not even in iPro so again, you're wrong. Don't make assumptions.
12-03-2012, 06:10 AM
My clan would be interested in doing this! I'm not too sure about the rules, but it looks like you guys are decideding on it..?
Teams should be restricted to some extent, so we don't have a clan with all ST's or something. But really, the more you play, the better you get, and in a game that is based almost completely off raw skill, it's really not fair to complain that another clan is "better" than you. (Although take my words with a grain of salt... my clan has a couple top 200's Wink)

You think only Adorables use snipers on SFI?
12-03-2012, 06:16 AM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2012 06:16 AM by ImperialSun.)
(12-03-2012 06:10 AM)daHsu Wrote:  My clan would be interested in doing this! I'm not too sure about the rules, but it looks like you guys are decideding on it..?
Teams should be restricted to some extent, so we don't have a clan with all ST's or something. But really, the more you play, the better you get, and in a game that is based almost completely off raw skill, it's really not fair to complain that another clan is "better" than you. (Although take my words with a grain of salt... my clan has a couple top 200's Wink)

Thank you. That's exactly how I feel.

My goals with A-Team B-Team are as follows:

- Not punish players for being good or clans for recruiting good players
- Allow all levels of players to compete and enjoy the clan league from fluffy to supertitan
- Add some strategy and depth to the system. Teams will have to decide how many of their top players they really want to commit to the A-Team competition because they won't be able to use them in the B-Team competition

A-Team/B-Team Proposition

The A-team competition has no restrictions on players based on league. Every team fields their best players.
The B-team competition has league-based restrictions so that lower league clan members still get to compete.

The overall winner of the clan league can be judged based on a combination of the A-team and B-team results.

If you want to restrict supertitan stacking in clans further you could make it so that supertitans (and maybe even masters) who compete in the A-team competition cannot compete in the B-team competition. You could alternatively rule out supertitans in the B-team competition entirely. At any rate, there are all kinds of ways you can limit the B-team competition to your liking.
12-03-2012, 06:22 AM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2012 06:22 AM by alexjiang1.)
^ to make it even fairer, say clans with one (maybe 2) ST or less can have members be on A and B team, just a thought

iPro Clan
12-03-2012, 06:23 AM
Bump.
12-03-2012, 07:37 AM
Oh I had an idea! The A-B team thing sounds good, but maybe we could incorporate this one into the system also? It's basically already in the actual game's ranking system. Say a master league player beats a gifted league player, then the winning clan would recieve a couple points. But if a fluffy league player beats a master league player, then the winning clan would recieve a huge number of points!

You think only Adorables use snipers on SFI?