Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Clan league!
12-08-2012, 11:57 AM
RE: Clash of Clans - Working Draft
(12-08-2012 11:15 AM)Coolio Wrote:  Another idea: instead of using a middle man, each clan would use their leader. The leader of team 1 would announce publicly who they want in the first game. Leader of team 2 would then announce who they want playing against that person. Leader of team 2 would then announce who they want to play in game 2 and leader of team 1 would say who tey want playing that person. This way both leaders are equal in they both go first and second in the game-making process.

I think this method would be a little more interesting because the leaders have a little more control of the matchups. Some games could still be more points then others too.

The discussion is continued in this thread so maybe post over there instead?

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2012, 12:17 PM
RE: Clan league!
Cool format!
Having just watched the IPL 5/GSL tournaments for SC2 over the weekend, was curious if anyone considered an all-kill format for team league games? Format rundown:
- each team has a bench of players
- each match is a best of 1
- at start, each team selects 1 player to begin the series
- winner stays, losing team selects another player from their bench to take on the winner
- first to 5 wins (basically an overall best of 9) wins the series.

That stuff gets crazy edge-of-your-seat intense when teams are pretty evenly matched, and introduces a pretty crazy meta game to the match up as well such as certain players being chosen for their strength in a specific map/match-up. Nothing like rooting for the team that is down 0-4 and watching the crazy reverse all-kill comeback to win the series :>.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan
12-08-2012, 12:19 PM
(12-08-2012 12:17 PM)onealexleft Wrote:  Cool format!
Having just watched the IPL 5/GSL tournaments for SC2 over the weekend, was curious if anyone considered an all-kill format for team league games? Format rundown:
- winner stays, losing team selects another player from their bench to take on the winner

That stuff gets crazy edge-of-your-seat intense when teams are pretty evenly matched, and introduces a pretty crazy meta game to the match up as well such as certain players being chosen for their strength in a specific map/match-up. Nothing like rooting for the team that is down 0-4 and watching the crazy reverse all-kill comeback to win the series :>.

That sounds amazing, gfich what do you think.

iPro Clan
12-08-2012, 02:57 PM
RE: Clash of Clans - Working Draft
O couldn't find the new thread lol so thanks.

College Basketball Tournament for Outwitters!

They call me the weed cutter, the cutie killer, the machine masher, the pirate pulverizer.

Outwitters Name: Coolio - da best
12-08-2012, 03:01 PM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2012 03:01 PM by Coolio.)
Saw that you were thinking of using a middle man to decide matchups...
Another idea: instead of using a middle man, each clan would use their leader. The leader of team 1 would announce publicly who they want in the first game. Leader of team 2 would then announce who they want playing against that person. Leader of team 2 would then announce who they want to play in game 2 and leader of team 1 would say who tey want playing that person. This way both leaders are equal in they both go first and second in the game-making process.

I think this method would be a little more interesting because the leaders have a little more control of the matchups. Some games could still be more points then others too.

College Basketball Tournament for Outwitters!

They call me the weed cutter, the cutie killer, the machine masher, the pirate pulverizer.

Outwitters Name: Coolio - da best
12-08-2012, 07:09 PM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2012 11:09 PM by TheQwertiest.)
(12-03-2012 06:04 AM)ImperialSun Wrote:  On a side note, if you want to pick on someone, it shouldn't be iPro. It should be Anonymous. Have you looked at their lineup?

I didnt really follow this thread but i saw your negative rep and it led me here.
why pick on anonymous? we never advertised that we only want super titans or the top ranked players. i dont know why but no one other than jacs9 applied for the clan. you can check the whole thread if you want. i started the clan as open to everyone but no one seemed interested in joining so i changed it to by invitation (even when i changed it to by invitation i wrote that people can still apply on the thread) and when we got a stable number of members i reverted it back to open to all. i dont think we should be picked on because of that. Sad

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
12-08-2012, 07:38 PM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2012 07:39 PM by Necrocat219.)
Just noting I removed the negative rating. I realized I was being patronizing and I should have said what I said through pm anyway. It's the correction of small mistakes like this that let a community and it's individuals improve Smile

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
12-08-2012, 10:18 PM
(12-08-2012 12:17 PM)onealexleft Wrote:  Cool format!

That would be pure awesomeness for a tournament.

So it would be 5 ppl per team, facing off until there's one man left.

12-09-2012, 12:13 AM
Whoa this is actually an awesome idea, I'd be in!

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
12-09-2012, 12:27 AM
That sounds amazing! Big Grin

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?