Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Once a Super-Titan, always a Super-Titan?
09-07-2012, 02:49 AM
RE: Once a Super-Titan, always a Super-Titan?
I would love it if the developers established some guidance on what it means to play in the leagues.

I'm not sure how best to implement it, but here are the things that should be penalized IMO:

If you leave other gamers hanging and are the reason for a 4 day game forfeiture - it should count double as a loss. You will know if you are going to be away from your device and should forfeit before you go, not leave people hanging. If you have a pattern of this (three incidents in a two week period) - you go back to Fluffy ranked with points one less than the last ranked player and are welcome to start working up. Everyone will know (temporarily) that the -1 player made a mistake, but can complete one game to erase that mark. If this is too harsh, then perhaps you get bumped down two leagues (Super-Titan->Gifted, Master->Clever)

You should be expected to start between 3 and 5 league games a week. This means that with the current 4 day timeout, even if you somehow get people that are awful, you will be doing your part to play and retain your spot. This way, the server side could run a script that shows what percentage of each league is actually playing and they can decide to rebalance, implement a timeout due to activity, etc...

Right now, there is no expectation as to what "league play" means - so it's hard to argue with someone that doesn't play and is sitting in Super Titan with 0 points but wants to hang on to that trophy more than putting it on the line and potentially losing.

If the leagues reflect winning rather than not losing, I think it will be a more fun place to be for everyone.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2012, 04:56 AM
I don't get what you people are talking about...
This is a game (that people can play for FUN), not some super-serious professional sport. If I wouldn't feel like playing for a week or so I shouldn't be punished. That would be so stupid, and would force me to play this game (which I enjoy to play when I feel like it) even though I might not have time to.

Also, the leagues are only to match us against opponents of the same calibre, so being demoted for not playing enough wouldn't make any sense, since the number of games you play have nothing to do with your skill-level. I for one really don't have time to play more than about one game a week (or less) but I still have somewhere around a 90% win ratio (should I be demoted then?).

All in all, just remember that the reason we play is to have FUN.
09-07-2012, 06:14 AM
(09-03-2012 12:29 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  So there's only 200 Super Titans altogether, and this is unlikely to increase by much if at all. I was wondering if because it is such a select few if there's some sort of system for kicking inactive players out to masters? Or if anyone used to be a Super Titan?

nope, there is no set number of slots for ST's, but interestingly it's just been hovering around 200 players total for several weeks last I checked.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan
09-07-2012, 08:27 AM
(09-07-2012 06:14 AM)onealexleft Wrote:  
(09-03-2012 12:29 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  So there's only 200 Super Titans altogether, and this is unlikely to increase by much if at all. I was wondering if because it is such a select few if there's some sort of system for kicking inactive players out to masters? Or if anyone used to be a Super Titan?

nope, there is no set number of slots for ST's, but interestingly it's just been hovering around 200 players total for several weeks last I checked.

Oh! Thanks for that Alex, I thought that there was a limit on the number of ST players, my bad that a kicking system would not be needed Smile thanks for the post

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
09-10-2012, 01:33 PM
i like the idea of making the inactive player forefit for making the active player wait so long, i've been sitting on 1v1 games for over a week, that's just not cool, i love playing this game, and 2-3 turns A DAY isn't cutting it
09-11-2012, 12:35 AM
(09-07-2012 06:14 AM)onealexleft Wrote:  

How would it pass 200? Would an existing division end up having more than 40 players, which currently seems like a cap? Or would a new division sprout up?
09-11-2012, 12:59 AM
The 200 thing either means the population is stagnating or it's a fixed value. From my understanding they wanted a certain top PERCENTAGE in Super-Titan league. But I think it also strongly depends on the hidden skill rating.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]