Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Once a Super-Titan, always a Super-Titan?
09-03-2012, 12:29 AM
Once a Super-Titan, always a Super-Titan?
So there's only 200 Super Titans altogether, and this is unlikely to increase by much if at all. I was wondering if because it is such a select few if there's some sort of system for kicking inactive players out to masters? Or if anyone used to be a Super Titan?

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2012, 01:01 AM
RE: Once a Super-Titan, always a Super-Titan?
When I first started I was put into ST because of the ranking system being messed up then. But I got pushed down to gifted soon afterwards (a good thing! I was losing all my matches against Masters and STs). Also when I was in the ST it began with ~80 people or so in it but it got whittled down till around 45 then I got demoted so I couldn't keep track of it any more. It did seem that those being kicked first were inactive so I guess there is a system in place. Either that or they just kept losing because their points were always 0.

1v1 Gifted
2v2 Clever
Friendly matches if you want!
GC: Riftskipper
09-03-2012, 01:17 AM
Hehe, I okay thanks for that Smile I was curious as to whether someone being promoted would need someone from the tier above would fall, and it seems to follow that patters P:

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
09-03-2012, 08:51 AM
I finished my ranking matches (5-0) right after they reset the system and it put me in ST. Shortly after that, a buddy of mine got the game and I started playing only 2v2. A few weeks later, I started a 1v1, won the match, and was demoted to master. Played another match, won, and was demoted to gifted. I still play 95% 2v2 with a 1v1 mixed in here and there, and I have stayed at gifted. The moral of the story is, inactivity = demotion.
09-03-2012, 01:47 PM
I thught you could only get demoted by losing more than 50% of your games. I don't think inactivity matters.

Master league, 1107 points, 162 wins, ranked #8.
09-03-2012, 02:24 PM
I think what might have happened here is everyone else was getting a higher MMR because they were playing and winning games. When you came back, your MMR was perhaps lower compared to the typical ST threshold.

I AM THE 99.9997%!

[Image: sig.png]
09-03-2012, 05:08 PM
Mmm~ it seems to me as if someone who is permanently afk and plays no more matches will stay a ST forever, because as world famous says, he only got demoted after playing a game after a long period of inactivity. Might be a problem in the future that needs looking at if ST gets clogged up.

09-04-2012, 01:34 PM
I agree. The game needs some sort of inactivity punishment. Perhaps for every week not played, it should count as if they have lost a match?
09-06-2012, 08:37 AM
Interesting tho, if as a player you are very active but all your opponents in your matches take forever to play back, they are making you inactive...you shouldn't be punished for that!
09-06-2012, 07:17 PM
(09-06-2012 08:37 AM)Sasquatch Wrote:  Interesting tho, if as a player you are very active but all your opponents in your matches take forever to play back, they are making you inactive...you shouldn't be punished for that!

The most amount of days someone can be inactive without playing is 4 days, I was thinking more of 2 weeks to a month of inactivity