Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Found Someone Cheating (Replay Attached). How do I get them banned?
07-31-2012, 11:43 AM
RE: Found Someone Cheating (Replay Attached). How do I get them banned?
(07-31-2012 06:11 AM)xSkeletalx Wrote:  
(07-31-2012 05:59 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  
(07-31-2012 05:17 AM)xSkeletalx Wrote:  I'm absolutely disgusted that some lowlifes would resort to cheating to attempt to win their matches. I'm going to have to go over a couple of my replays now to check, as I had a couple of matches that seemed like the opponent had more Wits than one would expect.

Hopefully we'll see the exploits discovered and fixed soon, and the trash taken out as well. Oddly since watching two of the posted replays I can't seem to get the game loaded properly.

You have to skip to turn 2 or 3 to view them. Whatever the hack does, causes a crash after the first turn.
I also had some problems after viewing the hacked replays. I even got a little inadvertent cheat in one of the games because it created a duplicate of the league game in pass n' play form, allowing me to see the entire board. It was only turn 3 of a 2v2 game so it wasn't a game changer, but it still felt wrong.

I wasn't referring to a problem viewing the replays (I did skip to turn 3), but a problem loading up my games and profile. A phone reboot fixed this, however.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-31-2012, 01:52 PM
Hi all. I'm loving this game. Have just encountered a turn where I've received no wits at the start of my new turn. Not sure if this is a bug or a cheat, has anyone else encountered it?

I'm particularly suspicious especially because I am about to win the game, only I can't make any moves because I've started the turn with 0 Wits. Going to have a look through this thread to find out how to post a replay.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-31-2012, 02:28 PM
(07-31-2012 01:52 PM)hullcrushdepth Wrote:  Hi all. I'm loving this game. Have just encountered a turn where I've received no wits at the start of my new turn. Not sure if this is a bug or a cheat, has anyone else encountered it?

I'm particularly suspicious especially because I am about to win the game, only I can't make any moves because I've started the turn with 0 Wits. Going to have a look through this thread to find out how to post a replay.

Is it possible it's your last turn and it just didn't go through to the server? That happens to me very often. I hit send, it doesn't go through, I come back to the game and it shows I have 0 wits but it was the turn I had just completed.
07-31-2012, 02:56 PM
Quote:Is it possible it's your last turn and it just didn't go through to the server? That happens to me very often. I hit send, it doesn't go through, I come back to the game and it shows I have 0 wits but it was the turn I had just completed.

worldfamous - you're absolutely right, THANK YOU!

Initially I thought this might have been the problem, so I watched the replay and because I didn't see my turn in the replay (because the turn was not 'complete') I wrongly assumed that this wasn't the issue. Though I should have caught onto the different unit placings really.

Trying to play games while working leads to distraction, it seems Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-01-2012, 12:00 AM
I don't suppose someone is up for creating a list of confirmed cheaters?

A new named appeared in my ST league division at #1, 600 points higher than the previous #1. I just got matched up against him and he took his first turn on Sweetie Plains without taking either of his bonus wit spaces. It's certainly possible that he's just going for something really unorthodox and I'll see the wisdom of his ways in a turn or two, but given the reports of cheaters in this thread I can't help but raise an eyebrow and wonder.
08-01-2012, 12:38 AM
(08-01-2012 12:00 AM)wonderpug Wrote:  I don't suppose someone is up for creating a list of confirmed cheaters?

A new named appeared in my ST league division at #1, 600 points higher than the previous #1. I just got matched up against him and he took his first turn on Sweetie Plains without taking either of his bonus wit spaces. It's certainly possible that he's just going for something really unorthodox and I'll see the wisdom of his ways in a turn or two, but given the reports of cheaters in this thread I can't help but raise an eyebrow and wonder.

I am playing the same guy (no 1 in ailing trail, right?) and so far nothing fishy on my side. He put out an early shell but I am pretty sure was saving wits. Not taking wit spaces though is very unusual.
08-01-2012, 01:28 AM
Same guy, yup! Thanks much for the report. I think he may have just panicked at a surprise move I opened with and spent his wits trying to respond instead of claiming the wit tiles. We'll see what happens next.
08-01-2012, 03:06 AM
(08-01-2012 12:00 AM)wonderpug Wrote:  I don't suppose someone is up for creating a list of confirmed cheaters?

I have a somewhat similar situation in my 2v2 league. My partner and I are in the 5 spot with around 252 points and 2-4 have anywhere from 300-450 points. The team in the #1 spot has 1266 points. How is that possible? Those of you that play 2v2 know how slow it moves. I play 2v2 almost exclusively, with 20 matches going at all times. We win somewhere between 67%-80% of our games. Are these guys cheating? Is there a bug? Have they been playing since beta and it didn't reset at launch? Would love to hear from anyone on this matter.
08-01-2012, 06:46 AM
@wonderpug:
I find it particularly weird as it usually takes 1 wit to claim the space, and they'll have it refunded by their next turn by getting 1 extra. Make sure to watch the replay!

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
08-01-2012, 10:12 AM
He has seemed legit as the match has progressed. I think he was just short on Wits when he discovered I had doubled up runners on one side, and panicked a bit.