Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Found Someone Cheating (Replay Attached). How do I get them banned?
07-30-2012, 10:26 AM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2012 10:35 AM by KMan 29.)
RE: Found Someone Cheating (Replay Attached). How do I get them banned?
Just finished getting my butt kicked by a cheater on Long Nine. The replay kept crashing right when the culprit used his fifth wit.

He was getting 12 wits a turn!

Also he did not collect any of the wit spaces on his side of the map.

Looking up how to post the replay now
Ok that was pretty easy..

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIQCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yg7huDA

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-30-2012, 10:54 AM
(07-30-2012 10:26 AM)KMan 29 Wrote:  Just finished getting my butt kicked by a cheater on Long Nine. The replay kept crashing right when the culprit used his fifth wit.

Lesson learned, hacking causes crashing in replays...

Masters again finally Master League

Member of the Wolfpack clan.
07-30-2012, 11:13 AM
These wit hacks are pretty comical and should be easy enough to identify, but I am much more concerned for the inevitable fog of war hacks. These will be incredibly challenging to identify and will provide a great advantage.
07-30-2012, 11:58 AM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2012 12:22 PM by worldfamous.)
(07-30-2012 10:26 AM)KMan 29 Wrote:  Just finished getting my butt kicked by a cheater on Long Nine. The replay kept crashing right when the culprit used his fifth wit.

Wow! That guy didn't even bother hiding it. That was ridiculous.

Here is another one from the cheater known as Symmetric in Design. Skip to the second or third turn or it will crash. Cheater
I don't know if it's related but after watching the last couple cheater replays, my game is trippin. It shows one of my league matches as pass n' play and it keeps crashing. I've closed and opened several times and still get the same problem.
07-30-2012, 04:47 PM
(07-30-2012 11:13 AM)Syvan Wrote:  These wit hacks are pretty comical and should be easy enough to identify, but I am much more concerned for the inevitable fog of war hacks. These will be incredibly challenging to identify and will provide a great advantage.

It might be more trouble to code, but as long as the server is responsible for the game state and checking moves, these kinds of hacks are both pretty hard to do.

I am guessing that it is not in this case.
07-30-2012, 06:11 PM
This hacker problem should be no 1 priority to address by the devs now... maybe more server based checks could be used. Anyways, the whole game is screwed if more hackers show up (which will eventually happen if the hack is publicly availble which it is!) as the legit player will soon get demotivated to continue to play. Hopefully we will see this addressed very soon...
07-30-2012, 08:26 PM
seems legit xD, really he should be banned
07-31-2012, 05:17 AM
I'm absolutely disgusted that some lowlifes would resort to cheating to attempt to win their matches. I'm going to have to go over a couple of my replays now to check, as I had a couple of matches that seemed like the opponent had more Wits than one would expect.

Hopefully we'll see the exploits discovered and fixed soon, and the trash taken out as well. Oddly since watching two of the posted replays I can't seem to get the game loaded properly.

Current Ranked League Info:
1v1 Master (Promoted 7-24-12)
Total League Wins: 210
07-31-2012, 05:59 AM
(07-31-2012 05:17 AM)xSkeletalx Wrote:  I'm absolutely disgusted that some lowlifes would resort to cheating to attempt to win their matches. I'm going to have to go over a couple of my replays now to check, as I had a couple of matches that seemed like the opponent had more Wits than one would expect.

Hopefully we'll see the exploits discovered and fixed soon, and the trash taken out as well. Oddly since watching two of the posted replays I can't seem to get the game loaded properly.

You have to skip to turn 2 or 3 to view them. Whatever the hack does, causes a crash after the first turn.
07-31-2012, 06:11 AM
(07-31-2012 05:59 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  
(07-31-2012 05:17 AM)xSkeletalx Wrote:  I'm absolutely disgusted that some lowlifes would resort to cheating to attempt to win their matches. I'm going to have to go over a couple of my replays now to check, as I had a couple of matches that seemed like the opponent had more Wits than one would expect.

You have to skip to turn 2 or 3 to view them. Whatever the hack does, causes a crash after the first turn.

I wasn't referring to a problem viewing the replays (I did skip to turn 3), but a problem loading up my games and profile. A phone reboot fixed this, however.

Current Ranked League Info:
1v1 Master (Promoted 7-24-12)
Total League Wins: 210