Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
National Outwitters League Season 2 [Week 7-Final Week!]
10-18-2014, 06:55 AM (This post was last modified: 10-18-2014 07:04 AM by mr_13en.)
RE: National Outwitters League Season 2 [Week 4]
(10-18-2014 06:15 AM)ggggggggkkkkkk Wrote:  
(10-12-2014 11:40 PM)mr_13en Wrote:  Standings updated.

Pretty soon I'll add a Playoff Picture document as we head into the end second half of the season.

Also, this week has been busy for me so I haven't created the matchup page I usually do...I will, just maybe later today. Anyway, the matchups are on the standings page as well for those of you who want to go ahead and start your matches.

Not that it matters right now, but the division winners are determined by win%. I just looked at the playoff picture and it shows lawtai in 1st place, when it should be me. At least for right now, since I am playing lawtai this week and maybe he will have the best win% after that game is over Smile

Or is that just a projection and not the official standings?
No, actually the division winners are determined by the best record. Win % comes in to play if two teams have identical records. but...yeah, the playoff picture are projections for the playoffs but those are the current standings. The problem is that we don't have all the results since not everyone has finished the same number of matches. We won't know for sure which of you should have the 1st place spot until you've both completed the same amount of matches. For now= Just win baby! Wink

Hopefully once we enter the final week most matches will be done and with only one match for the final week, things will get very interesting!

(10-18-2014 06:43 AM)[PETA] Doodat Wrote:  Week 4
Chargers at Texas
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAlZiTmQgM
Gg, significant difference in potential of turn 4 vs turn 6 mobi
Short, but fun one to watch. Yup, that was some quick-draw mobi action! Big Grin

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-18-2014, 07:58 AM
(10-18-2014 06:55 AM)mr_13en Wrote:  No, actually the division winners are determined by the best record. Win % comes in to play if two teams have identical records.

Record is the same thing as win%, just a different way of expressing it. There is actually a perfect example right now in the real nfl though, because of the bengals-panthers game that ended in the rarely seen tie. Look at the standings of the AFC North. The Bengals are in first place with 3 wins 1 loss and 1 tie. They call this a .700 win percentage, since its halfway between .800 (if they were 4-1) and .600 (if they were 3-2).

The ravens are in second place even though they have played 6 games and have a 4-2 record, .667 win percentage.

So even though the bengals have played 1 less game, they are in first because they have a higher win% (aka better record)

http://www.nfl.com/standings

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl...nfl-action
"Outside of Cleveland, leave it to the Cincinnati Bengals for throwing a wrench into the standings by tying the Carolina Panthers Sunday and moving their record to 3-1-1. Due to winning percentage, the Bengals hang onto first place in the division, but that could be in jeopardy looking at their upcoming schedule."

Again this doesn't matter at all right now since there are still a lot of games to be played, I just thought I'd point that out

(10-18-2014 06:55 AM)mr_13en Wrote:  For now= Just win baby! Wink

That's always the plan!

GC: -PasswordisTaco-
10-18-2014, 09:25 AM
Game 3 Eagles@Colts
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAue7QowkM
10-18-2014, 11:56 AM (This post was last modified: 10-18-2014 11:57 AM by mr_13en.)
(10-18-2014 07:58 AM)ggggggggkkkkkk Wrote:  
(10-18-2014 06:55 AM)mr_13en Wrote:  No, actually the division winners are determined by the best record. Win % comes in to play if two teams have identical records.

Record is the same thing as win%, just a different way of expressing it. There is actually a perfect example right now in the real nfl though, because of the bengals-panthers game that ended in the rarely seen tie. Look at the standings of the AFC North. The Bengals are in first place with 3 wins 1 loss and 1 tie. They call this a .700 win percentage, since its halfway between .800 (if they were 4-1) and .600 (if they were 3-2).

The ravens are in second place even though they have played 6 games and have a 4-2 record, .667 win percentage.

So even though the bengals have played 1 less game, they are in first because they have a higher win% (aka better record)

http://www.nfl.com/standings

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl...nfl-action
"Outside of Cleveland, leave it to the Cincinnati Bengals for throwing a wrench into the standings by tying the Carolina Panthers Sunday and moving their record to 3-1-1. Due to winning percentage, the Bengals hang onto first place in the division, but that could be in jeopardy looking at their upcoming schedule."

Again this doesn't matter at all right now since there are still a lot of games to be played, I just thought I'd point that out
Yup, you're right. And my comment was erroneous. Actually there are other tie breaking procedures if there is a tie in records. Win percentage would be the same.

That's so weird to me though considering the Ravens have more wins but it makes sense since they haven't played the same number of games.

And same goes here, not everyone has played the same amount of games but seeing as how in the NFL they go by win percentage I'll make it the same. Thanks for pointing that out bud. Smile

10-18-2014, 12:58 PM
Updated. Lawtai, you kind of got the short end of the stick here especially since I included 22swarm's recent victory. Now you're in the hunt. You know who to thank for that. Wink

10-18-2014, 01:11 PM
I just apologized to him in the in game chat! I didn't realize he would get bumped all the way out of the wild card spots. Plenty of time to bounce back though

GC: -PasswordisTaco-
10-19-2014, 06:58 AM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA-cL2vAkM

New Orleans game 5, timed out

Master League
Top 200: #109
GCID: Xerozen
10-20-2014, 02:27 AM (This post was last modified: 10-20-2014 02:27 AM by mr_13en.)
RE: National Outwitters League Season 2 [Week 5]
Alright, we're heading into the last stretch of the season. Week 5 matchups are up. Good luck everyone. Smile

10-20-2014, 02:38 AM
(10-20-2014 02:27 AM)mr_13en Wrote:  Alright, we're heading into the last stretch of the season. Week 5 matchups are up. Good luck everyone. Smile

Not sure if it's just me but the attachment link takes me to an error.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
10-20-2014, 03:45 AM
[Image: djSmgZf.png]

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38