Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing league repartition.
01-15-2014, 11:27 AM
RE: Changing league repartition.
A good question is, based on your hidden ranking, what range on either side are you matched with others' hidden rankings?

Live your life as more than plastic.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-15-2014, 11:29 AM
I still believe that it needs to be split, not only because it is massive, it's that the difference in the level of play is just massive.

[Image: sig.png]
01-15-2014, 11:35 AM
(01-15-2014 11:29 AM)jchris98 Wrote:  I still believe that it needs to be split, not only because it is massive, it's that the difference in the level of play is just massive.

Well, I can't speak to that. But I wonder how many of the "top" players in Gifted move up to Masters quickly and the "bottom" move to Clever. What if you just happen to catch them when they're still in Gifted? Just thoughts, not trying to argue this.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
01-15-2014, 12:05 PM
Here's a thing to consider: There's not an exact link between actual level of play and hidden ranking. Hidden ranking is based on wins and losses versus people of hidden ranking either above or below yours. Actual level of play fluctuates a lot (i.e. sometimes you play poorly, sometimes you play well), and so hidden ranking is at best an approximation of about how well you hold up to other players on average.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-16-2014, 06:07 AM
I did a massive amount of data scraping and found quite a few Clever and Fluffy divisions that I was missing on OSN. The data will always be a bit inaccurate since I don't have a direct way of finding out about new divisions. OSN does not require someone to post a replay for their division to be accessible. It just uses recently posted replays to see if there are players that it does not have a division assigned so it can pull their information and see if they are in a newly created division.
01-16-2014, 08:54 AM
(01-15-2014 11:35 AM).Memories. Wrote:  
(01-15-2014 11:29 AM)jchris98 Wrote:  I still believe that it needs to be split, not only because it is massive, it's that the difference in the level of play is just massive.

Well, I can't speak to that. But I wonder how many of the "top" players in Gifted move up to Masters quickly and the "bottom" move to Clever. What if you just happen to catch them when they're still in Gifted? Just thoughts, not trying to argue this.

It's IMPOSSIBLE to get to masters

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

[Image: sig.png]
01-16-2014, 09:03 AM
(01-16-2014 08:54 AM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  
(01-15-2014 11:35 AM).Memories. Wrote:  

It's IMPOSSIBLE to get to masters

Hahaha, the trick is to place into Masters (or close to it), then go from there Smile

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
01-16-2014, 06:31 PM
I think Gifted to masters you need like a 90% win rate.

A few seasons ago, I went from Gifted to Masters. I was winning most of my games. It did take a while, though.

GC: TheGreatAnt