One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Changing league repartition. - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Changing league repartition. (/showthread.php?tid=2958)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Changing league repartition. - Mag!cGuy - 01-12-2014 11:10 PM

Hello everyone!

I was on OSN, and went to the Stats page. And here, what a surprise: 58.4% of the players are gifted.

This is way too much. As the time goes, this percentage is constantly increasing.

We can also see it in the tournaments: there was a time where clever and even fluffy did take part in tournamens, as much as gifted. In the 2014 World Cup, only 2 clever signed up and 1 fluffy.

Another problem is that fluffy league... has no players. I don't talk about the level, but simply about the inactivity of almost everyone there. It was already happening at the beginning, but considering the amount of players there was at that time, there was still life in this league.
Now, I can't be 100% sure but it seems like a dead league. A recent post confirmed my thoughts:

Quote:There's 60 people in the Fluffy League and just about everyone except the top 13 actually have a score that isn't 0.

Obviously plasma meant "that is" and not "that isn't".

So, my suggestions is that we make it way harder to be in gifted, and that we revive fluffy and clever leagues.

I think the aim should be to have either a 24.9% of players for each league and 1% in ST, or an decreasing percentage as the league is higher. This second option is what uses Starcraft.

Thoughts, guys?

RE: Changing league repartition. - Juslas - 01-13-2014 12:18 AM

Osn does require post. Therefore osn does not know lower ranked players.
Alex posted 5-6k daily players. Check osn numbers, rest are those lower ranked league players.
---
2v2 random has 39 prosent fluffy penetration. Reason is that fluffy action has higher change to get posted on osn than other cases.

RE: Changing league repartition. - brioriy - 01-13-2014 01:09 AM

When I was just starting playing back in last spring, there were plenty of people in Fluffy. That said, Clever league is really underpopulated.

(01-13-2014 12:18 AM)Juslas Wrote:  Osn does require post. Therefore osn does not know lower ranked players.
Alex posted 5-6k daily players. Check osn numbers, rest are those lower ranked league players.
---
2v2 random has 39 prosent fluffy penetration. Reason is that fluffy action has higher change to get posted on osn than other cases.

I doubt every single gifted player posted a replay on osn

RE: Changing league repartition. - HuskyPete - 01-13-2014 02:42 AM

I thought once osn knows of the league then that entire league is uploaded? Meaning if 1 fluffy posts, then his entire league would be uploaded?

RE: Changing league repartition. - Mag!cGuy - 01-13-2014 03:02 AM

(01-13-2014 01:09 AM)brioriy Wrote:  When I was just starting playing back in last spring, there were plenty of people in Fluffy. That said, Clever league is really underpopulated.

By "last spring" you mean around 9 months ago? If so, well yes you are right, but 9 months is a lot of time and during this period the number of players probably decreased a lot. Smile

That's right Husky, except that it works for the player's division and not league:

(12-15-2013 03:05 AM)CodePenguin Wrote:  I just updated OSN to include the new season. Leaderboards should start showing up over the next couple days. The best way to make sure your division is found is to post a replay of a league match on OSN. OML hasn't given me a way to automatically pull the new leaderboards so I have to slowly watch for new league matches on the latest season so I can grab the leaderboards assigned. It is a slow process at the beginning of new seasons. This is especially true for fluffy because they don't generally post replays as much.

RE: Changing league repartition. - HuskyPete - 01-13-2014 03:55 AM

Sorry. That's what I meant. Wrong terminology. Thanks.

RE: Changing league repartition. - .Memories. - 01-13-2014 05:03 AM

I think this topic has come up before.. And it came down to Gifted being the "average" league. Think of a bell curve: most are in the middle (Gifted) but less on the outsides.

RE: Changing league repartition. - Juslas - 01-13-2014 05:39 AM

Bel curve makes sense.
New season: 2v2 arranged teams dropped out. Master league over weighted.
Random, well random.

RE: Changing league repartition. - jchris98 - 01-13-2014 05:43 AM

I think we should split gifted into separate divisions. As a gifted player, I can honestly say that there is a huge amount of variance in the play of top gifted players vs. lower level gifted players.

RE: Changing league repartition. - Mag!cGuy - 01-13-2014 05:45 AM

(01-13-2014 05:03 AM).Memories. Wrote:  I think this topic has come up before.. And it came down to Gifted being the "average" league. Think of a bell curve: most are in the middle (Gifted) but less on the outsides.

Sure but I think the percentage is too high, and while I can't be absolutely sure I guess the two lowest leagues are kinda empty Smile

What jchris just said also confirm my thoughts. The level of clever should be "highered" so that the bottom part of gifted gets there!