Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Veggienauts vs. Scallywags
06-26-2013, 08:16 AM
RE: Veggienauts vs. Scallywags
The thing about veggies is they're all about control and vision. More than any other team, Veggies can see large portions of the board and control those same portions of the board by putting thorns in key places.

I'm saying this because it also means Veggies are not in it for the fast rushing win, they're in it for the long, tedious, slow victory. You'll want to spend most of your wits trying to harass things like their spawn spaces and bonus wit spaces, while saving wits yourself to mass up an army. Easier said than done, and it's been said already, but I do have a replay that might be helpful for you in the future (though I don't recomend making a bramble as early as I did, that was a risk I took that ended up paying off.):

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y1NzlAww

I made my share of mistakes, but the plan didn't change: I wore him out, then I chipped him down. That's how Veggies should be played IMO. I did pretty much the same thing in this one too:

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YnLffAww

hope that helped. Good luck with the Veggienauts. I honestly don't think they're inferior to any other teams, they just play differently and I don't think many people really know how to play them right yet (myself included).

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-26-2013, 10:16 AM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2013 10:33 AM by Lentro.)
(06-26-2013 08:16 AM)ElPared Wrote:  hope that helped. Good luck with the Veggienauts. I honestly don't think they're inferior to any other teams, they just play differently and I don't think many people really know how to play them right yet (myself included).

I agree with that myself. Haha. According to the older threads on this forums, when veggienauts were buffed, a bunch of people quit or 'boycotted' outwitters. Now everyone says they are the weak team even though they were NEVER nerfed since that legendary strike phase. Strange, I just thought that was interesting news to share.

Those replays were invaluable, thanks so much for them. The only complaint (Simply because I have to be a natural critic Wink) is that I see no scallywags here. haha. I didn't really see a lot of specials in general apart from yours. That mobi they spawned did little to nothing to save them from losing (not sure if they weren't using it properly or if you just shut it down that well.)

All in all, the replays were great, the tips were great, and on top of all that, all the post so far are great! Such a good community here Smile.

Now then, I have pretty much beaten this Scallywag here, so from now on I'm going to post any games I have between Veggienaut and Scallywag, regardless if I win or lose, or what team I am. That way anyone who checks this thread (because of the title) will get some insightful examples. I'm no expert, so please do help with commentary on the matches, or post your own!

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YhfHiAww

Beat the guy, once I knew what I should do it was pretty easy. The initial worry was going to make me flounder and lose no doubt. Instead, I just went with the tips and used my sniper and took the upper wit. If this guy had taken my bramble when he had the chance (Not sure what turn, but you should be able to notice) this would have been a completely different outcome. Enjoy the Replay!
06-26-2013, 11:32 AM
They were definitely nerfed. People were boycotting the game when they had 3 HP thorns and could attack. They nerfed the thorns back to 2 HP.

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
06-26-2013, 02:56 PM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2013 05:04 PM by Lentro.)
Strange, perhaps they the nerf was too harsh? The main problem right now is wit efficiency. Perhaps instead of getting rid of thorns, make them movable? It would save a lot of wits when I move my sniper forward. That might be too strong a buff though.

On another note. Successful Scallywag battle. Sadly, he chose not to use his special.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YwsrkAww

This one was cut short. I suppose he didn't like my turtling. This one I started a long time ago, but only just now finished. Skill level might improve through the match haha.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YmM3dAww
06-26-2013, 10:57 PM
But plants can't move. Unless the land moves underneath it. Also, if Bramble had that ability, you can't move it more than 2 spaces from the mother thorn patch, so it won't move very far

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
06-27-2013, 05:25 AM
True, I just want the veggienauts to be considered equal to the other teams though.

Another successful match here with veggienauts, although he had a chance to kill my bramble, but instead hit my base, so he messed up there. I really need to get into habit of healing that bramble, oh well.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y5-jpAww
06-27-2013, 07:06 AM
Hermit crabs dont have guns coming out their shells, I'm sure we could survive moving plants to make the game more balanced. Not that that would necessarily balance it Tongue
06-27-2013, 08:36 AM
^^
Lolwut?
06-27-2013, 03:42 PM (This post was last modified: 06-28-2013 12:09 PM by Lentro.)
Think about it, instead of having to destroy one thorn, and destroy all of its children, you could move it over one, keeping the children alive. This way you use the same amount of wits, but keep all your thorns. A thorn can't leave a two cell radius of it's mother, and if the mother moves out of range of the child thorn, the child thorn dies. That way they are still chained together for counter attacks.

No new replays as of right now. All I fight is mobi after endless mobi. I am getting sick of adorables. They aren't even that cute Sad. Serious, a cyclops elephant? That is what nightmares are made of. And snakes that can jump fifty feet in the air? Not cuddly, not cuddly at all.

Scratch that, just finished up this match. It was pretty boring, nobody likes using their special for some reason. I think they bring a lot of fun to fights, then again I typically just torture them with thorn spam, which might be boring to them. I'm not in the gifted league, so maybe this fight will seem more professional, I doubt it though.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y-rjlAww