Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Post feature requests here :) (no teams or content pack ideas plz)
04-24-2013, 12:32 PM
RE: Post feature requests here :) (no teams or content pack ideas plz)
And your partner's wits in 2v2

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-24-2013, 01:14 PM
(04-24-2013 12:32 PM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  And your partner's wits in 2v2

YES! these are going in the OP

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
04-24-2013, 10:24 PM
(04-24-2013 01:14 PM)ElPared Wrote:  
(04-24-2013 12:32 PM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  And your partner's wits in 2v2

YES! these are going in the OP

I posted that ages ago! Tongue But not only you partners wits, yours as well. With big gaps between turns I often forget how many wits I have available.

Everything Changes
04-25-2013, 07:27 AM
Nonono i mean instead of saying ?? in the wit count when its your partner's turn, it shows the amount of wits

04-25-2013, 03:38 PM
But the ?? only appears when it's their turn. It would be much more useful to have the wit count available at any point in the game.

Everything Changes
04-25-2013, 03:41 PM
That's a really good point.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-30-2013, 03:32 PM
(05-30-2013 01:40 PM)Sightreader Wrote:  Argh, I can't find my last post.

What I meant to say is this: should newbies have to LEAVE a game just to figure out what it does? Tactics are fine in forums, but we're talking about RULES here. Tactics are what an enemy might do, rules are what the GAME might do. Those one-sentence summaries are totally inadequate for describing behavior and leave out more "what happens if...?" scenarios than the Bill of Rights!

If "Pass and Play" is the way you're supposed to learn, that's great, but the second you try to end your experiment it says that it will "count as a loss", effectively scaring away newbies from trying.

I guess I'm saying that game needs to make clear how it wants you to learn it. Right now, it doesn't have full rules, it doesn't refer you to a forum, it doesn't encourage you to try Pass and Play, it doesn't point to a tutorial game, it just sits there and expects you to go out there and get massacred.

I'll add a summary of this to the OP, it's a pretty good add to the game IMO

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
05-30-2013, 09:39 PM
(04-25-2013 03:38 PM)phineas94 Wrote:  But the ?? only appears when it's their turn. It would be much more useful to have the wit count available at any point in the game.

But it would show next to yours, just imagine your partner's screen and cut out his wit counter and put it right next to yours but with no wit icon to save space and thats the artwork

The only problem is that when you click done, its your opponents turn so you'd see their ?? instead

05-31-2013, 06:11 AM
(05-31-2013 06:10 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  There could be an interactive tutorial game option underneath pass and play and be the only one unlocked if its a new player. It could put you on a tutorial map and you start as a Scallywags team. The game will tell you how to move the highlighted soldier and about wit spaces and wits and the spawn space. Then the game will teach you about the spawn selection screen and the different units and shows demos of the specials. Then the computer opponent attacks your units and gives the opportunity for the game to teach about attacking and buffing and wit for kills and FoW. Then the game will make it your turn and teach you about turns and wits per turn and then let you attack the base and win and explain the tiers, points, and the 2 ways to win a game. Then when you finish the tutorial, the game will let you play the other game modes.

We could discuss more in the feature requests thread

05-31-2013, 07:37 AM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2013 07:41 AM by Sightreader.)
(05-31-2013 06:11 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  There could be an interactive tutorial game option underneath pass and play

This brings up the whole question of, "What's the best way to teach this game?" A tutorial? Pass and Play experiments? A thorough manual? A pointer to the forums? Newbies need to be given some guidance or they don't stand a chance.

I understand that you don't want to drag newbies through hours of rules before playing, but on the other hand no one can play a game where one-sentence descriptions leave out more "What if?" cases than the Bill of Rights.

Forums are fine for talking about what your enemy might do, but the game itself should tell you what it's own rules do! Documentation is supposed to describe game behavior in advance, not justify its actions after you've been screwed.