Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Post feature requests here :) (no teams or content pack ideas plz)
04-05-2013, 12:10 PM (This post was last modified: 05-30-2013 03:42 PM by ElPared.)
Post feature requests here :) (no teams or content pack ideas plz)
so I was thinking about things I'd like to see in updates and I figured I'd just start a thread where people can post these things.

here are mine:

Game Counter: I'd just like a little thing in the Game List UI that shows how many games I have going so I don't have to count to see if I can start a new one

Chat Dialogues Outside their Games: I just want to be able to look at the chat without having to go into that game to do it. I'd like this especially for friendlies where the person who invited you to play will explain who they are in chat, but you have to accept the game to find out what they said, which is kind of counterproductive, especially if they invited the wrong person.

Push Notifications for Chat: It'd be nice, especially for 2vs2, if the game sent you a notification when someone sends you a message in an active game. I say active because you may not care about messages in games that have ended, but maybe that could be an option players could toggle themselves, or whatever.

Private Message System: I realize this opens a Pandora's Box for flaming, but I'd still like to be able to talk to my friends and clanmates through the game without having to actually play a game with them. I'd like this mostly for 2vs2, so my partner can tell me they're going on vacation or something and instead of guessing when they got back I can just send them a PM and ask before starting a game and making our opponents wait.

Players' Wits and Fog of War Visible During Post-Game Replays: This would take some of the guesswork out of figuring out what a player did wrong/right in a replay. It would also make it easier to identify cheaters/hackers.

Teammate's Wits Visible in 2vs2: I imagine this would be more useful in 2vs2 Random where your partner may or may not tell you how many wits they have, but it would still be useful in Partners too.

"Rollover" wits Visible During Opponent's Turn: It's a small change in 1vs1, but in 2vs2 it would be really helpful to know how many wits I'll have on my turn so my partner and I can formulate a good strategy.

Undo Button/Customizable Action Prompts: I've lost games a few times because I accidentally double tapped a unit like the Bombshell or Bramble. What I'd like is either an "are you sure?" prompt for all actions (like how moving units works) that can be disabled based on action (so you can turn off attack confirmations but leave special action confirmations on, etc) -OR- an "undo" button in the UI that will allow you to undo an action as long as the FOW was not changed (this would screw the Bramble still, but most other mistakes could be remedied by it).

Misc. "Bugs": I put it in quotes because they aren't really bugs, just things that irk me about the gameplay. I'll itemize them individually:

-Bramble's thorns should not be able to cross gaps. I've lost multiple snipers and even a Scrambler or two on Thorn Gulley because of this.

-If a unit crosses from a point in the Fog of War to another point that's also in the Fog of War, but the unit's path goes through an area where I have vision, I should be able to see it. For example, Sometimes I will have to chase runners down the alley in Glitch because they can jump from, say, the hex on the far right just above the rightmost pole to the hex just inside of the alley, and I won't be able to see it even if I have a soldier that can see the 3 spaces in between.

(04-05-2013 12:13 PM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  A Done confirmation like when you tap give up.

also, this. I've never done this myself, but a lot of my opponents have accidentally hit "done" and lost an entire turn over it. This usually results in a loss for them despite the extra wits they get on their next turn.

Better descriptions of Units and rules: This is a suggestion by Sightreader. They were as follows:

-Better descriptions of what the special units do. Specifically, it should be more clear that the Bramble's thorn patches can spawn their own thorn patches.

-Suggest that the players play Pass n' Play with themselves if they don't know what something does.

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2013, 12:13 PM
RE: Post feature requests here :) (no teams or content pack ideas plz)
A Done confirmation like when you tap give up.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
04-05-2013, 02:33 PM
(04-05-2013 12:13 PM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  A Done confirmation like when you tap give up.

Somehow mine has the confirmation when I accidentally hit give up, it asks if I were sure, give up counts as loses... Something like that
04-05-2013, 02:44 PM
it does that when you hit "give up" but not when you hit "done"

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
04-06-2013, 02:42 AM
The main thing I want is more confirmation dialogs. As has been mentioned, there should be one on the Done button. I also would like confirmation dialogs for uprooting/rooting Bramble and thorns and shelling/unshelling Bombshell.

In addition, when confirming an uproot on either thorns or Brambles, all child thorns should be highlighted to indicate that they will disappear if you confirm.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-06-2013, 07:21 AM
All the daughters should get highlighted when you tap on a thorn patch.

04-06-2013, 08:08 AM
That's what I said. Tongue

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-06-2013, 08:17 AM
Oh i thought you meant something else. I actually forgot what i thought you meant.

04-06-2013, 08:23 AM
Challenge as P2. It would certainly make tournaments easier. Also, it's kind of a pain when you feel you need practice as P2 on a certain map and you have to go and find someone and tell them to challenge you on that map.

GC name: amoffett11
1v1 Super-Titan
2v2 with .Memories. and 2v2 random Master League

Until you stalk and overrun you can't devour anyone
04-06-2013, 08:26 AM
List of saved replays in game.