Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Outwitters Future?
03-31-2013, 12:44 AM
RE: Outwitters Future?
(03-30-2013 11:20 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  There is no Game Center in Android.

SCREW GAMECENTER, WE'RE GOING ANDROID!

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-31-2013, 01:07 AM
Like most here this saddens me. I understand some people say new teams can skew the balance but I play this game for fun and even though their are certain advantages on certain maps I believe people are always looking for an excuse for their bad play, which was the major reason they lost 99% of the time (old veggies aside).

I personally would've loved to see the new teams and more strategies and matchups would have been more than welcomed here. However, once they announced TTL2 I knew this day was coming. What is strange though is in the App store, on the top charts for strategy games, outwitters was top ten in the free category last time I checked. Possible surge of new players, or maybe other strategy games are not very popular. Anyway RIP, and I do want an outwitters two, and will buy every team no doubt
03-31-2013, 01:39 PM (This post was last modified: 03-31-2013 01:42 PM by CombatEX.)
Can people stop with these overreactions? This isn't "RIP". This isn't the end unless you all decide to make it the end. On March 8th OML reported that Outwitters was still seeing 10,000 unique players per day. It's hardly dead. There just won't be new teams or map themes. There could even still be new maps. OML hasn't yet said anything to the contrary.

I still think that while the payment model was harmful, the league distribution is also a major culprit. How can having 80% of players in the bottom 2 leagues be anything but terrible for player retention? It's probably too late, but I strongly suggest a league redistribution.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
03-31-2013, 01:54 PM
I'm disappointed that I put a bunch of money into Outwitters in hopes of more content. It's no ones fault but my own. I set myself up with high expectations to get a nice slap of reality in my face.

GC: Great Wolf Sif
03-31-2013, 02:50 PM
Of course all (besides combat) of us would like to see more teams and maps but quit whining purple. It's not like they said they are shutting down the servers and you spent less than 20 bucks on a game that I'm sure you've spent countless hours enjoying. Have you been to a movie recently? Tickets, food and parking can easily set you back over 30 bucks. It's all about perspective dude.
03-31-2013, 05:05 PM
(03-31-2013 01:39 PM)CombatEX Wrote:  Can people stop with these overreactions? This isn't "RIP". This isn't the end unless you all decide to make it the end. On March 8th OML reported that Outwitters was still seeing 10,000 unique players per day. It's hardly dead. There just won't be new teams or map themes. There could even still be new maps. OML hasn't yet said anything to the contrary.

I still think that while the payment model was harmful, the league distribution is also a major culprit. How can having 80% of players in the bottom 2 leagues be anything but terrible for player retention? It's probably too late, but I strongly suggest a league redistribution.

The problem is what when I see them playing, I don't get how we could put them in gifted.. Compared to starcraft, where players are already good in silver, here the level is interesting from top gifted/master. What I want to mean is that, if we make a distribution, only top master and ST will have a value!

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
03-31-2013, 05:45 PM
I'm not mad at all that I won't get any more teams from my Über Pack, I already got 4 teams for the price of... 2? I forget what the teams cost individually. The point is, the Über Pack costs less than buying all 4 of the current teams and that's why I got it.

For now at least I'd rather see the game developed until it feels as close to perfect as possible before we get more content anyways. There are still some bugs, and I feel the UI could use some tweaks and extra features as well. Little things really, but it's the little things like that that make all the difference

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
03-31-2013, 10:27 PM
(03-31-2013 05:05 PM)W1cked21 Wrote:  
(03-31-2013 01:39 PM)CombatEX Wrote:  Can people stop with these overreactions? This isn't "RIP". This isn't the end unless you all decide to make it the end. On March 8th OML reported that Outwitters was still seeing 10,000 unique players per day. It's hardly dead. There just won't be new teams or map themes. There could even still be new maps. OML hasn't yet said anything to the contrary.

The problem is what when I see them playing, I don't get how we could put them in gifted.. Compared to starcraft, where players are already good in silver, here the level is interesting from top gifted/master. What I want to mean is that, if we make a distribution, only top master and ST will have a value!

Make it the "Ten Tiers o' Skill" and divide up the 80%

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
04-01-2013, 02:56 AM
(03-31-2013 02:50 PM)TheBitPilot Wrote:  Of course all (besides combat) of us would like to see more teams and maps but quit whining purple. It's not like they said they are shutting down the servers and you spent less than 20 bucks on a game that I'm sure you've spent countless hours enjoying. Have you been to a movie recently? Tickets, food and parking can easily set you back over 30 bucks. It's all about perspective dude.

That's an unfair argument. I could say I bought Fallout 3 for $6 and have countless hours of enjoyment, but that is also out of perspective. I spent about $15 on outwitters because I wanted to help out OML and I wanted new content. I'm going to be honest and say mostly new content.

I could also compare to buying angry birds ($6, one for each game.) Bloons TD5 ($3) cut the rope ($2) for $11 dollars. This would also be unfair because I can't compare this game to these games.

Overall, I was just hoping for more.

GC: Great Wolf Sif
04-01-2013, 03:37 AM
(03-30-2013 12:49 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  Maybe Adam and Alex should consider doing a kickstarter.

They feature other peoples projects and the more people like it, the more Kickstarter funds the project?

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…