Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Prediction: Outwitters and Twitter will be updated at the same time
03-24-2013, 06:16 AM
Prediction: Outwitters and Twitter will be updated at the same time
is this poppycock? if so sorry.

still, has anyone noticed that Outwitters and Twitter always get updated at the same time?

Is this some kind of conspiracy to update all apps with "twitter" in their name at the same time?

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2013, 06:38 AM
RE: Prediction: Outwitters and Twitter will be updated at the same time
Well, we know that apps have to go through a approval process. And it probably just happens that Apple approves both Twitter and Outwitters near the same time and sends all the updates out at the same time.

GC: TheGreatAnt
03-24-2013, 07:12 AM
probably, but every time Outwitters has been updated, Twitter is my only other app with an update. This has happened twice now, I'm wondering if they'll get the hat trick

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
03-25-2013, 12:33 AM
(03-24-2013 06:38 AM)TheGreatAnt Wrote:  Well, we know that apps have to go through a approval process. And it probably just happens that Apple approves both Twitter and Outwitters near the same time and sends all the updates out at the same time.

That's not exactly how it works. After Apple's approval the developer can decide what time to push the update to Appstore.
03-25-2013, 02:22 AM
(03-25-2013 12:33 AM)burnodrod Wrote:  
(03-24-2013 06:38 AM)TheGreatAnt Wrote:  Well, we know that apps have to go through a approval process. And it probably just happens that Apple approves both Twitter and Outwitters near the same time and sends all the updates out at the same time.

That's not exactly how it works. After Apple's approval the developer can decide what time to push the update to Appstore.

I guess that just clearly shows i don't work for Apple.

GC: TheGreatAnt
03-26-2013, 04:11 AM
Why are we all "atwitter" about update timing?

Bulby37: Idea Man
[Image: sealbanner700.jpg]
03-26-2013, 05:01 AM
it's just something I've noticed. Anyone else have any apps with "twitter" in their name? lets see if they all get updated at the same time haha

03-26-2013, 06:34 AM
Conspiracy theory:
They named the app "Outwitters" so people would stumble across it when searching for Twitter.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
03-26-2013, 06:36 AM (This post was last modified: 03-26-2013 06:37 AM by ElPared.)
(03-26-2013 06:34 AM)Harti Wrote:  Conspiracy theory:
They named the app "Outwitters" so people would stumble across it when searching for Twitter.

[Image: scanners4.jpg]

03-26-2013, 06:02 PM
(03-26-2013 06:34 AM)Harti Wrote:  Conspiracy theory:

Fun fact: we weren't aware of this play on words until *way* later in development when someone either over twitter or at GDC mentioned that "twitter" existed inside our title.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan