Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bramble overnerfed
03-28-2013, 11:43 AM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2013 11:49 AM by blckace.)
RE: Bramble overnerfed
Yup invite me on thorn gulley or long9 but I'm getting burnt out so let's play one game. I prefer thorn gulley
Choose adorables or feedback
I'm confident, I hope you can prove me wrong
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-28-2013, 01:26 PM
Just sent you invite on thorn gully
03-28-2013, 02:15 PM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2013 02:25 PM by bobolynx.)
I suggested that you can medic the last bramble of a strand and that heals all of its previous, as it would allow for interesting combos, and would force people to either have medics in front or bend their brambles back. It would be most efficient when used defensively as oppose to attacking because then the medic would be close to your base
(this would also stop soldier spawning from being a fun activity). I hate soldiers. Lol
The mobi's friend was the sniper and heavy (and runner), the bs's friend is the soldier, scrambler is medic (it really should have more idk how though), bramble is sniper and heavy (I guess) but if we were to add the medic, it would help the bramble into becoming a defensive unit
I hope we agree the Original intent of the bramble was defensive, not spamming right?

REMEMBER! THE ENEMY'S BASE IS DOWN!! *rotates iPad 180˚*
Master League in 1v1
Super-Titan 2v2 arranged with <n1ck> (something like that) we're in 20th place!!!!!!!!!!!
2v2 testing techniques. It's like cheating, but better
03-28-2013, 05:46 PM
(03-28-2013 02:15 PM)bobolynx Wrote:  I hope we agree the Original intent of the bramble was defensive, not spamming right?

I agree. That's why I liked V2 the best so far. 3HP and nothing else seemed pretty balanced to me, and all I really wanted was the ability to retract them, which we have now.

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
03-29-2013, 12:21 AM
The best bramble would be 2hp, no wit return, no attacking, and the ability to withdraw thorns for free. When you withdraw the thorns, it breaks the mother-child relationship so that you don't have to worry about uprooting the wrong vines. Add thorn regeneration to buff them vs Scallywags.

I'd be happy, because the thorns would go back to how they were, but be a lot more flexible in a good player's hands. Attacking thorns is a bad idea because of the previously experienced thorn spam.
03-29-2013, 12:42 AM
(03-29-2013 12:21 AM)PowerCrazy Wrote:  The best bramble would be 2hp, no wit return, no attacking, and the ability to withdraw thorns for free. When you withdraw the thorns, it breaks the mother-child relationship so that you don't have to worry about uprooting the wrong vines. Add thorn regeneration to buff them vs Scallywags.

I'd be happy, because the thorns would go back to how they were, but be a lot more flexible in a good player's hands. Attacking thorns is a bad idea because of the previously experienced thorn spam.

One thing I hate about the bramble is how you have to remember mother-child relationships when uprooting...so I like the suggestion. We'd be able to uproot just a parent thorn and not its children also, then the oldest of its children becomes the new parent, right? One problem with this that comes to mind is a bramble player could create some children and then uproot the parent to confuse the opponent on which thorn they need to kill. But maybe that's just meta-game and not a problem.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
03-29-2013, 12:42 AM
(03-29-2013 12:21 AM)PowerCrazy Wrote:  The best bramble would be 2hp, no wit return, no attacking, and the ability to withdraw thorns for free. When you withdraw the thorns, it breaks the mother-child relationship so that you don't have to worry about uprooting the wrong vines. Add thorn regeneration to buff them vs Scallywags.

I'd be okay with this. 2HP thorns, no attack, no wit return, and the ability to remove vines without the parent-child relationship being triggered would probably be pretty balanced. Especially against Scallywags if regenerating thorns were added.
03-29-2013, 03:08 AM
(03-29-2013 12:42 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  

One thing I hate about the bramble is how you have to remember mother-child relationships when uprooting...so I like the suggestion. We'd be able to uproot just a parent thorn and not its children also, then the oldest of its children becomes the new parent, right? One problem with this that comes to mind is a bramble player could create some children and then uproot the parent to confuse the opponent on which thorn they need to kill. But maybe that's just meta-game and not a problem.

It would be a meta-game thing, but the parent/child relationship would stay on the thorns you didn't touch, so if your opponent wanted to kill your thorn chain they would just have to hit the next in line.

In theory it could lead to some weird situations where the original bramble is killed but some orphan thorns would stay around, but honestly I think that is fine. The big thing is that you want to reward players for being smart with their thorn spawning. If the veggie player isn't smart, they will quickly find themselves way behind on both unit count, and wits.
03-29-2013, 03:22 AM
I think the mother-child relationship should stay, but what if there was a confirm dialog when you choose to uproot a thorn, and while the confirm dialog is open, all child thorns of the thorn in question are highlighted or something, so you immediately know which thorns would vanish?

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-29-2013, 03:26 AM
(03-29-2013 03:22 AM)Erenan Wrote:  but what if there was a confirm dialog when you choose to uproot a thorn, and while the confirm dialog is open, all child thorns of the thorn in question are highlighted or something, so you immediately know which thorns would vanish?

Yes, please. This.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.