Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bramble overnerfed
03-21-2013, 01:58 AM
Bramble overnerfed
If I'm reading these patch notes currently, the bramble will now have 2hp thorns that also give a wit return on kill. This is utterly useless. It makes 3hp soldiers wit efficient against brambles now, which should never be a thing.

I have no problem lowering bramble's thorn hp to 2, but if you lower them to 2, the wit return on kill simply must go. With the wit return, it makes spawning thorns a total waste of wits because your opponent can now kill them very cheaply or, in any many cases, for free. This will have the same effect for Veggies as not having a super unit at all.

Removing the wit return on kill will still make the opponent "waste" wits to get rid of the thorns, which was the original intent and design of the bramble.

Please remove the wit return on kill if you're going to lower the thorn hp to 2.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-21-2013, 02:00 AM
RE: Bramble overnerfed
I'll repost what I just said to your partner:

(03-21-2013 01:58 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  
(03-21-2013 01:43 AM)PowerCrazy Wrote:  
(03-20-2013 07:02 AM)GoHeat 3 Wrote:  Is there wit/kill?
This is the key question. 2hp thorns are fine IF there is an opportunity+wit cost to killing them. If there is no opportunity cost, then now they are extremely weak, and possibly not worth the investment, ever.

Honestly, I don't care if Bramble is back to underpowered. I've seen what happens to the game when Bramble is a powerhouse, and I hate it. But I think we can't say for sure whether the new Bramble will be underpowered until it's been playtested.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
03-21-2013, 02:02 AM
This makes sense, and I agree. The 2hp thorns are a good balance of power, but the wit for a kill thorn puts bramble from the top of the power chain, back at the bottom. After this update comes out, I see a lot of people who will turn away from Veggies because it is too hard to keep it afloat with wits drained into thorns not units.

GC: TheGreatAnt
03-21-2013, 02:04 AM
Really, whatever happens to bramble won't change him from being boring..

I mean, the idea is great, but it really isn't fun. It blocks all your vision, make you move slowly and not where you want at all :/

Maybe, in the new update remove the wit for kill but then thorns don't block visibility? This would be the perfect balance.

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
03-21-2013, 02:42 AM
The whole point of bramble is to create barriers so you can sneakily advance units. Bramble is my favorite special unit in the game but versions 1 & 2 were too weak and too many thought version 3 was too op. I disagree but that doesn't matter... Version 4 will be too weak again with wit on kill. However they're not clear in the description if there will be a wit on kill. I really hope they revert back to version 1 with barrier attack. I think this will keep them in line with other specials.

[Image: sig.png]
03-21-2013, 03:52 AM
(03-21-2013 02:04 AM)W1cked21 Wrote:  Maybe, in the new update remove the wit for kill but then thorns don't block visibility? This would be the perfect balance.

If that were the case, it would just be better to have a wall of units. More hp + better attacking power.

The real difficulty of dealing with bramble is make it effective enough to be used. It becomes a rather ridiculous to have team where it is better to not use the special. Spawning the special needs to be a benefit to the player, not the opponent.

GC: TheGreatAnt
03-22-2013, 02:09 PM
If your good, you will be able to dominate with bramble. It'll be like the scrambler, skill based that is Smile
03-23-2013, 01:37 AM (This post was last modified: 03-23-2013 01:39 AM by Gavin Wins.)
(03-22-2013 02:09 PM)laYahooz Wrote:  If your good, you will be able to dominate with bramble. It'll be like the scrambler, skill based that is Smile

Certainly, being good is required to dominate with Scrambler and the nerfed Bramble.

The problem is that when you play other good players who are using Scallywags or Adorables (both of which are absolutely advantaged against the weaker Feedback and now Veggies), being "good" doesn't cut it.

I expect Scramblers and nerfed Brambles to still be extremely viable at low levels of play. But at the tippy top, everyone will revert to playing Adorables if they haven't already.
03-23-2013, 05:04 AM
The update still hasn't come out yet. I understand you predication I agree with it, however this nothing more then a prediction. Before everyone goes on making multiple threads about bramble's nerf, people should hesitate until after they try it out for themselves.
03-23-2013, 05:19 AM
(03-23-2013 05:04 AM)game_taker Wrote:  The update still hasn't come out yet. I understand you predication I agree with it, however this nothing more then a prediction. Before everyone goes on making multiple threads about bramble's nerf, people should hesitate until after they try it out for themselves.

^what he said.

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome