Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Terrain Ideas
03-17-2013, 09:44 AM
RE: New Terrain Ideas
And also, the obstacle hiding the wit space doesn't have the HP counter so you won't know its destructible. And if you can attack it, the attack button is invisible so you won't know its destructible until you attack it. And any team can attack it.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-2013, 01:47 PM
A square that increases a units vision by one or two squares would be interesting, and/or allowing vision over fow on that square

REMEMBER! THE ENEMY'S BASE IS DOWN!! *rotates iPad 180˚*
Master League in 1v1
Super-Titan 2v2 arranged with <n1ck> (something like that) we're in 20th place!!!!!!!!!!!
2v2 testing techniques. It's like cheating, but better
03-19-2013, 03:09 PM
(03-19-2013 01:47 PM)bobolynx Wrote:  A square that increases a units vision by one or two squares would be interesting, and/or allowing vision over fow on that square

Would it be like wit space that you have to capture, and then it will grant you vision? Or would it be permanent vision for both teams?

I also thought of a new space
Doors - opens and closes every two turns. Can only be entered if door is open (obviously). Will not close if unit is inside door. I'm not sure if this space would actually work well, but hey, this is for ideas, right?
03-19-2013, 03:33 PM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2013 03:33 PM by rob12001.)
(03-17-2013 09:44 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  And also, the obstacle hiding the wit space doesn't have the HP counter so you won't know its destructible. And if you can attack it, the attack button is invisible so you won't know its destructible until you attack it. And any team can attack it.

I feel like this detracts from the idea that Outwitters is purely a skill-based game, and adds too much luck into the equation. Whoever happens to find their secret first would have a big advantage over the other player, even if the other player was playing better. But I think that this wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing in friendly matches, but people would complain if this was added to league games.
03-27-2013, 10:55 PM
What about movable obstacles? Units can push them one space at a time per turn instead of attacking or moving.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
03-28-2013, 05:25 AM
It would be nice addition if placed in one or two maps, but nothing more.
03-28-2013, 06:48 AM
(03-19-2013 03:33 PM)rob12001 Wrote:  
(03-17-2013 09:44 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  And also, the obstacle hiding the wit space doesn't have the HP counter so you won't know its destructible. And if you can attack it, the attack button is invisible so you won't know its destructible until you attack it. And any team can attack it.

I feel like this detracts from the idea that Outwitters is purely a skill-based game, and adds too much luck into the equation. Whoever happens to find their secret first would have a big advantage over the other player, even if the other player was playing better. But I think that this wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing in friendly matches, but people would complain if this was added to league games.

I think people are misunderstanding the idea of secrets. Each game you have a 1 in 10 chance (that's 10%) that two obstacles (the same one on each side of the board) will be destroyable and have a secret under it.

It does not add luck to the game because both players will have the same secret and 90% of the time both players will never find it anyway. But if a player does find it, it's a simple matter for the other player to just destroy the same obstacle on their side. Both players now have the secret and therefore the game is balanced.

I love the observer space idea too. I like the idea of having to place a unit on it and that unit gets +2 vision. Though I also think it would be cool if there was a similar space that just gave the unit +1 movement when they leave the space. So a soldier could jump 4 spaces away from it, a runner 6 etc.

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome