Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Terrain Ideas
03-16-2013, 11:48 AM
New Terrain Ideas
With the recent uproar of bramble posts, I thought it would be nice to get some creative juices flowing in the forums. So I was wondering, do any of you guys have any ideas for new terrains (hexes)? I came up with three simple ones:

Specific-direction hexes: these hexes will only allow you to move in a specific direction. I.e. upright only, downright and down only. You would be able to stand on them, but can't go in the wrong direction.

Teleportation hex: comes in pairs. Teleports. Pretty self-explanatory.

Sniper walls: I lack the wits (see what i did there?) to come up with a better name for this hex. Basically a wall, but snipers can shoot through it.

Anyways, what are you're Guys's ideas?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-16-2013, 11:53 AM
RE: New Terrain Ideas
Secrets. Every 1 in 10 game, a random obstacle and its counterpart will have 5 hp but it doesn't have a health meter so you dont know its destructible and if you destroy it, it will uncover a spawn space or wit space, which ever is better.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
03-16-2013, 12:09 PM
(03-16-2013 11:53 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  Secrets. Every 1 in 10 game, a random obstacle and its counterpart will have 5 hp but it doesn't have a health meter so you dont know its destructible and if you destroy it, it will uncover a spawn space or wit space, which ever is better.

thats awesome.

I like the teleportation space. the sniper space is pretty much the same as the holes we have now isn't it? Or would it block vision too?

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
03-16-2013, 12:34 PM
The secrets thing sounds amazing. I think a wit space would be better as a hidden hex. I mean, think how crazy a game could get with three spawns. That would be fun though...

And I guess the sniper block is basically a hole. Guess I should've thought about that. As I said, I lack wits. Haha.
03-16-2013, 12:51 PM
Lol the teleport space is a pretty boss idea, though. As OML keeps striving to make stages who are a character in and of themselves, I wouldn't be surprised to see teleportation or secrets squares, and even the one way squares sounds intriguing, though, it would be hard to balance the game with such complications introduced, even though they would be very specific variables. Heck, just look at the firestorm that bramble has turned into. 15 threads of "I lost because of the new secret hex!" Instead of "Bramble killed my rock n' roll!"

Bulby37: Idea Man
[Image: sealbanner700.jpg]
03-16-2013, 01:00 PM
Its a 1 in 10 chance that a secret hex is on the map and you wouldn't know until you attack it or your opponent finds it on his side. But then, you'd know where to look.

03-17-2013, 03:25 AM
The secret hexes could make some matches really unbalanced for one of the players. Maybe it could happen only on friendly games, but in that case it would still be a problem in tournaments. But the idea is cool by itselft. Tongue

I personally would like to see in the game hexes which grants vision in a fixed range, and ones which are normal terrain but costs two moves to pass through (snipers couldn't step on it, runners and bramble could make 2 steps per turn, and the others could make 1 step per turn).

Anyway, it was a topic 'bout it earlier, wasn't it?
03-17-2013, 03:32 AM
Well it's like this: in Sweetie Plains, there are two strawberry shortcakes on both sides of both bases. If the one on on the wit space side of the blue base has a hidden wit space, then the one on the wit space side if the red base would have a hidden wit space too. Its like a normal wit space except its covered. Everything is still symmetrical.

03-17-2013, 08:15 AM
Not really hidden anymore once someone finds it the first time

[Image: remur.gif]

Click it. You know you want to.
03-17-2013, 08:40 AM
Its a 1 in 10 chance that a hidden wit space appears under a random obstacle but in a way so the map is still symmetrical