Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Outwitters Break List (Veggienauts 3.0)
03-13-2013, 01:49 PM (This post was last modified: 03-15-2013 10:58 AM by Exzachtlee.)
Outwitters Break List (Veggienauts 3.0)
I'm sure all of you have noticed the Veggienauts uproar that seems to have taken over the forums in a storm. It's as if every other post is related to players claiming that the third iteration of the Bramble is OP (Over-Powered). This problems looks as if it is occurring on all levels of play; I see posts from high-level players to casual players alike dissenting the changes to the Bramble.

I have not personally observed any direct evidence of the new Bramble’s alleged uncontested game-breaking strength, but I’m starting to see signs of it creeping into my games. (Har har, see what I did there?) Big Grin
I have read many forum posts detailing the undeniable power of the Bramble as well as many players’ testimonies regarding the unfairness of the unit and its gameplay. I’ve also read a lot of amazing theorycraft posts showing how and why the Bramble is OP.

However, this thread is not for those posts. So please do not post merely saying “ZOMG Bramble is OP. OML nerf pl0x!” and the like. The forum is teeming with threads where those comments belong. Try to keep them there.

I have noticed several instances where players were announcing that they would no longer play Outwitters until the Bramble is fixed. This is a respectable and reasonable way to protest the Bramble 3.0, however, I feel that if people want to protest, they should be a bit more unified in their effort. These “Outwitters strike” announcements are spread over many posts in various threads, which makes counting or even remembering the players who posted them a tough job. Thus, I am creating this thread.

This thread has two purposes:
1. To provide a definitive list of the Outwitters players who are on strike, which will give everyone a better idea of the exact people who are protesting the new Bramble as well how many of them there are.
2. To find community with the players that believe that they should protest Outwitters because the new Bramble is that bad. Also, if these players are not on total protest, then these are players that are probably up for more friendly games since they have more game slots open. (I’ll get to that.)

Now, there are some players who are completely quitting Outwitters until the Bramble is changed and put in a place where they feel more comfortable with it (List 1). Then, there are others who also disagree with Bramble 3.0, but will only avoid league matches (List 2). This means that they will most likely have more slots open for friendly games and will be more open to you playing against them. However, that doesn’t mean that you can simply spam games to players on this second list. Be cool. Also, please don’t use this thread to challenge them. Use a PM or send them a game request. If they decline it, they probably don’t want to match wits with you. Tongue

So post your name and which list you wish to be posted on (1 or 2) if you are one of these players protesting Outwitters. You can post the names of other players that you abso-posi-lutely know are on strike and quote the post where you found this information if you can. (Heehee Phoenix Wright reference Smile )

Let me know if you want to switch lists.

And if you wish to have your name removed from this list, I’m gonna tell you that you lack conviction and that you’re not a man (or woman) of your word.

Jk. It’s fine. Let me know. It’s just a little bit more work for me Tongue

I’ll try to keep this list updated when I can!

And of course, I’ll stop updating this post when the Bramble is changed! Or I can’t handle managing this thread. Whichever one comes first I guess hahahahaha Big Grin

All right!

List 1: Not playing Outwitters AT ALL until Bramble is changed.

List 2: Not playing League matches until Bramble is changed.
  1. exzachtlee
  2. TheQwertiest
  3. uvafan173
  4. Lenticularis824
  5. Harti
  6. Destructicon v2
  7. Wildtalon1851
  8. [::Mr.Banger::]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-13-2013, 01:52 PM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2013 01:52 PM by TheQwertiest.)
RE: Outwitters Break List
TheQwertiest - List 2
not playing 1v1 league until the bramble gets changed or until i learn how to fight them in friendlies

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
03-13-2013, 01:55 PM
imo there is only one truly gamebreaking reason not to play ranked until Bramble is changed, and that is the replay glitch which prevents replay viewing when a thorn is retracted. Idk if this deserves a separate list, but I am playing ranked matches sparingly until this issue is fixed. In friendlies, I don't feel this is as important (unless it's a tourney match or something)
03-13-2013, 01:57 PM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2013 02:06 PM by Exzachtlee.)
(03-10-2013 09:05 AM)Mr.Banger Wrote:  I'm done with outwitters until the nerf. I'm not gonna play bramble in any of my 2v2s. Bramble+bombshell is OP AF.
Since at least Mobi+BS is much easier to deal with than Bramble BS

[::Mr.Banger::]
List 1.
hmm... I understand your stance, zer0CD, and I think that that belongs on a separate list and separate thread entirely. This thread is for people who are completely ceasing an aspect of Outwitters, not just paring back on gameplay. Thanks for the input!
03-13-2013, 09:31 PM
RE: Outwitters Break List (Veggienauts 3.0)
Second list, please. Even though I've played a bunch of league games since the update and I believe I still have a winning record despite playing as adorables, it's just been boring playing against the same team in 90%, literally, of my league games. I'll finish the ones I have going, but I won't create any new ones until the nerf comes.
03-13-2013, 10:49 PM
The more important point that that everyone seems to be missing here isn't which of the dedicated forum browsers are boycotting (closer to 2 myself, I still play, I just stall in 1v1 games with bramble), but how many new players are getting facerolled in their first few games and never coming back. "Bramble isn't OP, just learn to play it". Is said exclusively by people who are loving it. I had to learn to play too, in my first few games. But I never lost so hopelessly as I do to Bramble, and it would have been enough to make me put this game down and never come back. I know OW is not new, but I would still like the game to be as inviting and engaging to new players as it was to me.
03-13-2013, 11:20 PM
I can't see thorn replays properly!!!

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
03-13-2013, 11:23 PM
My break probably isn't too Bramble-related, it's much more of a general "I don't like the way my games play out" thing; but even before Alvendor used to climb the Top 10 with Bramble usage, I wanted to become a Bramble master.

But now I don't want to anymore. Mastering the Bramble actually takes 1 tap: choosing the Veggienauts. Okay, maybe a second (spawning a Bramble).

So yeah, you can put me up the list if you like, I guess if it was a little harder for a Bramble player to achieve a win, I'd be all into figuring viable tactics out, but that'd probably require removing the Thorns' attacking ability. Well, whatever.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
03-13-2013, 11:25 PM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2013 11:27 PM by Destructicon v2.)
I'm in the second list - I won't be starting any new league games until the fix comes out

I've played my last 6 matches as veggie and won them all.

Prior to that was using an equal mix of the other three and lost 8 straight matches to bramble whores.
The second to act bonus give a veggie player on a big map a first or 2nd round bramble spawn.

The only times I've beaten veggies spamming brambles is when I have a good mix of heavies and snipers to counterbalance and pick out weak spots.

If you play against a bramble whore who's 2ta, youre pretty much toast.

Plus I'm getting fed up of bramble v bramble duke out sessions.

It's disappointing because I've played since launch and bought every update and add on bar the base upgrades. I've spent more on this game then the next three most played games in my library.

My ultimate critique? It's now really, really boring and it's causing me to rethink how much of my time I devote to this (formerly) great game.

Dv2
03-13-2013, 11:52 PM
I don't think this list is necessary, or appropriate given OML's level of responsiveness to balance issues in the past. I'm sure they are going to tweak he bramble again; why do we need to threaten to go on strike? It's needlessly aggressive and disrespectful to OML in my opinion.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.