Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
shouldn't you auto win if their only unit is a medic?
03-12-2013, 12:26 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2013 12:27 PM by ElPared.)
shouldn't you auto win if their only unit is a medic?
I've played 2 games now where I put a unit on my opponent's spawn space and killed everything but their medic. Since medics (and Mobi actually) can't attack, shouldn't you auto-win if you kill all their units that can attack?

Maybe this should be in an update. It seems kind of insulting to make your opponent check the game, go "yup, he wins" then either pass the turn or give up.

Just sayin' Smile I love this game and I want it to be as great as possible.

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2013, 02:13 PM
RE: shouldn't you auto win if their only unit is a medic?
I also think that games should end if one steps on his or her opponent's spawn space(s) and kills all but the non-combat units, which are mobis and medics.

I hate it when I kill everything but the medic and step on my opponent's spawn space and then have to wait for either their surrender or them to skip their turn. Sad
03-12-2013, 02:25 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2013 02:26 PM by ElPared.)
(03-12-2013 02:13 PM)Exzachtlee Wrote:  I also think that games should end if one steps on his or her opponent's spawn space(s) and kills all but the non-combat units, which are mobis and medics.

I hate it when I kill everything but the medic and step on my opponent's spawn space and then have to wait for either their surrender or them to skip their turn. Sad

exzachtlee Tongue

it sucks cuz I don't always have the wits to kill everything, so I just kill the ones that do damage. I don't mind waiting for the win, I just think it probably really sucks to be on the receiving end of this.

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
03-12-2013, 02:32 PM
hahahaha. I find it to be a not-so-pleasant experience when I'm on either end of this occurence.

When I'm the winner, I know I just have to wait, but all the while, I know this game is consuming a game slot. Depending on how long my opponent takes, it can be a bit frustrating when I'm totally ready to start my next game up!

And when I'm the loser, I feel that this situation seems a bit like insult added to injury because I most likely lost pretty badly if this ever happens and then I have to look at the game for an extra turn and essentially surrender no matter what (due to not being able to do anything with the medic and thus skipping my turn).
03-12-2013, 02:48 PM
what's worse it leaves you open to the "make em wait 5 days" type of douche move that sometimes happens if your opponent is a sore loser

03-12-2013, 02:50 PM
oh yes, I can see how this situation would lead some people to spite the victors by not responding to the game.

:\
03-12-2013, 09:32 PM
(03-12-2013 02:48 PM)ElPared Wrote:  what's worse it leaves you open to the "make em wait 5 days" type of douche move that sometimes happens if your opponent is a sore loser
Ohhh, and I didn't even thought about it when all you left on the battlefield was my poor medic Tongue
03-12-2013, 10:03 PM
The only reason I could think of is if you can't see the entire map they leave you to assume there may be more units left. To see if you go at the base instead of waiting out the medic. I would hate for them to change it and then it glitch out and my Heavy gets mistaken for a medic and I lose. Plus it would be a cheap win in 2v2 to kill half the units and cover one teams spawns.

If you are gonna be dumb...you had better be tough.

GC: jimbo2shady
~Gifted League~ Standing Eyes Div.
[Image: sealbanner700.jpg]
03-12-2013, 11:55 PM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2013 12:00 AM by GreatGonzales.)
Nah it shouldn't be auto-win, because there is exactly one scenario where it is possible for the medic player to win, if playing perfectly. Namely, if both players have only one unit (or two units if it's a two spawn map), and both players take their opponents spawn(s). In this case, the non-medic player would have no choice but to cease squatting his opponent's spawn, which very well may result in a loss, if it is a 1 hp runner! Unlikely scenario, I know, but the player with only a medic can definitely still win in that scenario!

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
03-13-2013, 12:12 AM
^lulz