Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New bramble say what!!
03-09-2013, 11:48 PM
New bramble say what!!
So does anyone else think that bramble is now over powered? Well if you don't then your not using him right! Here's the skinny, the new bramble mechanics have gotten a great boost but one thing still needs to be adjusted. If the thorn bushes were at 2 HP this would make bramble fair. As it stands you can create many bushes costing 1 wit each attack with 1 hit and also detract single bushes for no wit cost. All while having then at 3 HP. So your telling me you need to have a heavy or a sniper to be able to take out the bush in 1 hit? Something needs to change.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2013, 12:34 AM
RE: New bramble say what!!
From beta boards:
(02-21-2013 11:12 PM)Harti Wrote:I didn't yet report back on this topic even though I got myself an opinion about this earlier.

The current buff (recedable & prickle) makes the Bramble hilariously strong. I can't know how it evens out among the teams and if it's really easily counterable (I guess Feedback's gonna profit from this rule too).
Then again it allows for interesting playstyle, I spawn Soldiers only scarcely, only if it's too expensive to take a unit off with a Thorn.

I think - and this is only an impression and we'll have to test more (but I like to say things that turn out to be correct later on) - that with recedable 3HP Thorns that are able to attack, the Veggienauts supersede all other teams by far.
By the way, I am *really*, really happy about BOTH mechanics. The receding makes me happy and being able to pick off 1 HP units even more. It just seems to favor early Bramble action very much so. I think that +1 wit should be removed and Thorn HP set back to 2 (or even 1). All other rules stay the same. Because the only two solutions against Thorn spam are Snipers and Heavies. Heavies are more expensive but Snipers get picked off by Thorn Patches. With HP at 2, you can kill them with Soldiers which are fairly invulnerable against Thorns.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
03-10-2013, 12:39 AM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 01:16 AM by Gf!sh.)
Yeah, I think making a cross-over between Bramble v3 and v1 would be for the best. Or perhaps even leaving the +1 wit. We'll have to experimentate with it a bit.
Not to mention there's a critical bug with retracting thorns.

03-10-2013, 06:46 AM
maybe when a thorn spawns another thorn it should cost it 1 HP instead of 1 wit. That way each new thorn you spawn, while technically free, makes the parent weaker and more susceptible to retaliation

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
03-10-2013, 06:47 AM
What if the thorn patch has 1 hp?

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
03-10-2013, 06:49 AM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 06:51 AM by ElPared.)
(03-10-2013 06:47 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  What if the thorn patch has 1 hp?

then it dies when it tries to make new thorns...

which would suck for scramblers, but it makes a case for giving scramblers the units at the HP level they had before scrambling

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
03-10-2013, 06:50 AM
I think thorns may have been underpowered before. But this is insane. If you don't have a lockdown on the battlefield before turn 4-7 its over. I'm by no means a good player, but I enjoy the learning process of losing, so I keep playing. I will not, however, play against bramble users with this new patch. It is not fun, there is no learning experience, runners soldiers and snipers are worthless and heavies are slow. I hate to be "that" guy (I mean I really hate people that do this, so it brings me no joy) but I'm running the full 5 day wait on games I draw veggies as an opponent. 2 Wit cost, 2 hp, one of those or both need to happen. I'm not smart enough to know which, but I know I don't enjoy this game playing against bramble.
03-10-2013, 06:52 AM
Oh i get it now. I thought you meant each new thorn has one less hp than its parent, which nerfs bramble way to much.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
03-10-2013, 07:03 AM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 07:05 AM by connor34911.)
(03-10-2013 06:52 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  Oh i get it now. I thought you meant each new thorn has one less hp than its parent, which nerfs bramble way to much.

Yeah I agree it's OP. Especially on big maps like TG and SP with multiple attacking routes. I think the only way to win is to turtle, build soldier walls and wait till you have enough wits to spawn heavies.

Maybe we should reduce the health to 2, and make it cost a wit to retract thorns?
While keeping the +1 wit for kill

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
03-10-2013, 07:26 AM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 07:28 AM by WildMantaRay.)
This Bramble is making the game very boring imo. It needs to be changed.
Not only because its OP, but because I rarely see Veggies build anything besides thorns once they stabilize. The map becomes only thorns, and you are forced to build only heavies because snipers/medics are immediately killed.