Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Power
02-25-2013, 10:19 PM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2013 10:26 PM by Harti.)
Super Power
I wonder what the game would be like if there were powers like in Advance Wars. Whenever a unit of yours gets destroyed, your power meter charges depending on the value of that unit. Whenever a unit of yours destroys an opposing unit, your power meter charges by half of that value.

Once your power meter is full, your team can unleash their wrath in some kind of magic spell that will alter the game rules for 2 turns (the one you activate it and the opponent's turn right after). When you activated your power, it'll take longer to charge the next power bar.

Scallywags Power: Powder Chest
(e.g.) Any allied Bombshell can fire twice this turn.

Adorables Power: Pee-ka-boo!
(e.g.) Any allied Soldier can move a second time after attacking.

Feedback Power: Healing Drone
(e.g.) Every allied Feedback (!) unit gets buffed.

Veggienauts Power: Ivy Wall
(e.g.) Allied Veggienaut units gain a +2 shield that vanishes the turn after.

Further ideas:
- Harvest (Veggies): Gain 5 wits. / Gain 1 wit for every Soldier you control.
- Overclock (Feedback): Gain +2 attack bonus with allied units. Units attacking this way are destroyed.
- Tsunami (Scallywags): Enemy units lose 1 movement to a minimum of 1.
- Swiftness (Adorables): Allied non-special units gain 1 movement to a maximum of 5.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2013, 10:35 PM
RE: Super Power
I like it. Might bring more depth to the game but how would it not ruin the calculated nature of Outwitters or upset the balance?
02-25-2013, 10:35 PM
In Mario and Luigi: Bowsers Inside Story, Mario and Luigi get badges. Different badge combinations cause different effects and it would be fun to also choose the strength and effect of the Super Power. Later, I'll explain how the Badges work.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
02-26-2013, 03:42 AM
(02-25-2013 10:35 PM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  In Mario and Luigi: Bowsers Inside Story, Mario and Luigi get badges. Different badge combinations cause different effects and it would be fun to also choose the strength and effect of the Super Power. Later, I'll explain how the Badges work.

I love you. There were some pretty broken ones though, but because it wasn't multiplayer that was ok. There were some specific strategies that were quite nice (My mario was an extreme attack and Luigi was a healer)

I think that CO power equivilents would be really fun and could be balanced as long as they are much more simplified. There were some CO powers that were rendered completely useless by one type or unit or restricted in that sense, and others that snowballed like crazy (Looking at you Colin! Tongue)

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
02-26-2013, 03:50 AM
I like the idea, but worry about balance issues. Perhaps a new game mode!

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
02-26-2013, 04:01 AM
Outwitters 2 perhaps?

[Image: remur.gif]

Click it. You know you want to.
02-26-2013, 06:50 AM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2013 06:51 AM by GoHeat 3.)
GBWG does something similar to this. Whenever you get a 7-star "advantage" you get to choose between stuff like 50% power boost, 100 coins, or extra base damage. I there's another one I can't think of as well!

But yeah, sounds awesome!

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
02-26-2013, 08:29 AM
(02-25-2013 10:35 PM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  In Mario and Luigi: Bowsers Inside Story, Mario and Luigi get badges. Different badge combinations cause different effects and it would be fun to also choose the strength and effect of the Super Power. Later, I'll explain how the Badges work.

Okay, so, here's my idea about the Super Powers:

This video I found shows the part when the Bros. explore the Flab Zone after Bowser eats too much and gets stuck in the floor. You could watch from the beginning to get a sense of the battles or skip to when Princess Lipid gives the Bros. their first badges and then Starlow teaches the Bros. how they work at 2:40.

The badges work in a cause-and-effect way. When the Bros. attack, they get a message saying how good their attacks were and if its good enough it fills the meter. Luigi wears the badges that causes the meter to fill. In the video, the meter fills if the attack it Good or better because Luigi is wearing the Good badge. Mario wears the badges that are the "effect" part. In the video, Mario is wearing the Mushroom badge and it restores HP. The amount depends on Luigi's badge. For example, the Great badge makes Mario's badges more effective but the meter only fills if the attacks are Great or better. The Great badge and other badges are bought from the Badge Shop except one.

In Outwitters, it could be something like this:

Super Powers can be activated in Friendly or Pass n' Play Games only because League Play is for skill, not power ups. You can't play with a player who is not using Super Powers if you are and vice versa. Super Powers could be an in-app purchase or you get a default one and the rest can be bought in Super Power Packs.

Different things could fill the meter like:
Kill any unit and effect is +1- this is the default charm
Kill a soldier or more valuable unit and effect is +2
Kill a sniper or more valuable unit and effect is +3
Kill a heavy or more valuable unit and effect is +4
I'll call them Super Charms

The effect when the power is unleashed could be:
Add HP to all allied units on map (+1,2,3, or 4)- this is the default charm
Earn wits (+1,2,3 or 4)
Extended vision (+1,2,3 or 4)
Higher spawn space limit (+1,2,3, or 4)
I'll call them Power Charms

Before a game, you will choose your Super Charm and Power Charm.
After 10 kills fill the meter, the meter would be filled and you could choose to unleash it of wait for another turn. When the Super Power would be unleashed and the meter would drain out.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
02-26-2013, 09:31 AM
I was thinking more of a 'diamond' or 'unobtanium ore' (rofl Tongue) system where you receive 1 of them each turn no matter what, and then you have multiple power ups of certain costs, such as a weak but utility based 3 diamond ability, stronger 5 diamond ability that has a somewhat permanent effect or a 7 diamond 'ultimate' ability that gives your whole team a massive advantage, or a single use ability that does mass damage/conversion/poison or something. Examples are:

3:Super detector - Gain 100% vision this turn
3:Critical Hit - double the next attack's damage
5:Clone - spawns a familiar of one unit on a hex beside it. The familiar dies when the parent dies.
5:Gravi-hammer - The selected unit gains AoE, dealing 1 damage to all units around it's attack target
7: Lightningbolt - instakill any one unit
7: Undermine - all units drop to 1 health each (including your own)
9: Ragnarok: Prepare for the final battle by converting all your units into the unlimate unit, with the same stats as the soldier +1 attack and fully healed
9: Earthquake: Levels all the floors to the ground, removing all solid obstacles and removing all gaps.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
02-26-2013, 11:59 AM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2013 12:02 PM by ElPared.)
Sounds like it would be fun. I've thought it would be cool for each team to have a different static effect so they're not all the same (with the exception of their special units obviously). Simple things really. Maybe activated abilities that each unit of the team has and can use instead of attacking. My idea would be something like:

Adorables: Charm. For 1 wit an Adorables unit can charm units that attack it until the next turn. Reduces all damage that would be done to them by 1, but can't lower damage to less than 1.

Feedback: Despite Feedback being one of my favorite teams, I can't think of a good one for them. The one I had was too similar to my Scallywags' idea :/

Scallywags: Salty. for 1 wit the Scallywag unit will counterattack when attacked until the next turn. They can only counterattack a melee/point blank hit if they survive the hit.

Veggienauts: Forester. For 1 wit the Veggies unit can increase its movement range by 1 that turn, if there's an allied Thorn in the way. Does nothing if there are no Thorns to jump over

again these would be things they do instead of attacking (so if you use one and then move the unit darkens as though it just moved and attacked). Also the special units wouldn't be able to use them, just the standard units every team has

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome