Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show the FOW in replays - Feature Request.
02-13-2013, 10:04 AM
Show the FOW in replays - Feature Request.
When watching finished games, would it be possible for the Fog Of War to be shown for each player on their turn?

I don't mean that the opponents critters are not visible, rather have a 'mist' showing the watcher where the Fog Of War is to the player on each go.

Sometimes watching replays, I find myself wandering why on earth certain moves were made, so having some indication of what the player could actually see when they made their move would really help.

Please? Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-13-2013, 10:36 AM
RE: Show the FOW in replays - Feature Request.
This would help show more detail of why someone did something. I think it's a good idea, make it like osn in-game

May the wits be with you
02-13-2013, 10:40 AM
Use OSN. It shows the fog.

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
02-13-2013, 10:50 PM
Agree, and a wit count for each turn would be awesome, to see what he could have done or why he didn't do that!!

OSN is for computer, and it's less beautiful than in-game replay!

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
02-14-2013, 03:43 AM
Agree
02-14-2013, 04:41 AM
Yeah, I don't have a problem with osn on my iPad so I don't mind. It would be nice to have the fow. However, I actually like having the fow removed sometimes, so it would be good if you could toggle the feature. It could also be done like osn, were you can still see each sides' units.

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
02-14-2013, 08:29 AM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2013 08:30 AM by ElPared.)
on OSN it just shows all the units and has a gray overlay on the hexes where the FOW is (with the units standing on top of it, rather than being concealed by it). It would be as simple as darkening the hex where a unit is standing to indicate FOW in the in-game replay.

A wit count would be nice too. I think for each player's turn in the replay it should show A) That player's wits, B) darken all the hexes where the FOW was for that player, and C) there should be additional buttons to skip individual moves/actions during a replay turn so you don't have to watch the whole replay over again just to see one specific move

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
02-19-2013, 08:29 AM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2013 08:29 AM by Spikeywan.)
What's OSN?
02-19-2013, 08:39 AM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2013 08:42 AM by Wildt4lon.)
Outwitters Sports Network by CodePenguin
Yes I agree we should have FoW shown on replays, I don't like OSN very much mostly because its rather slow. Although the statistics are extremely useful Smile
And of course so is the FoW showing

Once a master of nothing, now a noob to pretty much everything.
Hiatus resolved. I stalk these hallways again.
GC Silent_Dynasty because I'm indecisive and whatever ;u;
02-19-2013, 08:41 AM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2013 08:41 AM by EkoFox.)
OSN is the Outwitters Sports Network. It's a place where you can upload your replays and watch them on a computer.

Aw Ninja'd Tongue

Proud Member of the Diamond League!
[Image: sig.png]