Poll: Which maps (if any) should be retired?
This poll is closed.
Sharkfood Island 11.91% 68 11.91%
Long Nine 5.08% 29 5.08%
Glitch 3.85% 22 3.85%
Foundry 12.96% 74 12.96%
Sweetie Plains 6.13% 35 6.13%
Peekaboo 14.71% 84 14.71%
Reaper 6.30% 36 6.30%
Thorn Gulley 5.78% 33 5.78%
Don't remove any maps! 33.27% 190 33.27%
Total 571 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Which Maps to Retire?
02-05-2013, 11:03 AM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2013 11:03 AM by Alvendor.)
RE: Which Maps to Retire?
Think I might have misunderstood the proposal. If the original maps are still available in friendlies I'm fine with removing some in league (and have them come back later on?). I'm not playing as many games as before and haven't had a league game on Reaper yet! Rotating maps would give more variety especially for those who don't play that many games.

Soldier spam FTW
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2013, 11:11 AM
Precisely. As someone who doesn't play that many games at a time, limiting the number of maps means a better chance of encountering each map. Right now I haven't played a game on SFI in ages!

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
02-05-2013, 11:14 AM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2013 11:17 AM by jbadams01.)
I don't want any maps to go. I have strategies for every one that usually wins. Plus I love them.( In a not wierd way)

May the wits be with you
02-05-2013, 11:15 AM
Why do you guys hate peekaboo?

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
02-05-2013, 11:46 AM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2013 11:47 AM by Necrocat219.)
Bets on the final amount of maps in the long term being 15

Peekaboo is generally disliked for it being hard to Scallywags on Peekaboo except to turtle just as hard.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
02-05-2013, 01:06 PM
Here are reasons I don't want to see various maps in league games:

1) Peekaboo. Oh my god, Scallywags vs Scallywags, 9000 turn games, that's terrible regardless of how good the map is otherwise.

2) Reaper. This map favours Mobi just tooooooooo much. It's too unfair. Even more unfair than Scallywags on Sharkfood Island.

3) Foundry. This map has significant First Turn Advantage.
02-05-2013, 01:19 PM
(02-05-2013 01:06 PM)garcia1000 Wrote:  Here are reasons I don't want to see various maps in league games:

1) Peekaboo. Oh my god, Scallywags vs Scallywags, 9000 turn games, that's terrible regardless of how good the map is otherwise.

2) Reaper. This map favours Mobi just tooooooooo much. It's too unfair. Even more unfair than Scallywags on Sharkfood Island.

3) Foundry. This map has significant First Turn Advantage.

This is exactly how I feel. However, I'm trying to think that, if for instance, there were no Mobis involved, Reaper could actually be a really fun map. If there were no Scallies involved, Peekaboo is also pretty nice.

What if (a big if) if you played Adorables, then you would have less chance of playing on Reaper than if you played any other race? If you played Scallies, you would have less chance of being sent to Peekaboo than as any other race?

I'm not entirely sure that's possible; but I just feel that if you remove those races from those maps, they are still actually pretty fun to play on.

I'm leaning towards not removing any maps at all.
02-05-2013, 01:32 PM
Do not remove any maps, pleaseeeee..., though I'm still at disadvantage at Reaper, I still finding it challenging.

Why hate Peekaboo? I don't really understand at all. It seems to be the fairest 1 spawn map I think. Who says bombshell too buff? My shark was scrambled and hit my base that often. What I suggest for Peeaboo is moving spawn space a bit closer to the centre of the base.

About Foundry, 8 wit for P2 allows P2 to spawn soldier and rush before P1 I think. The FTA is smaller and sometimes I think there is STA. My suggestion is to improve the far spawn space closer to the base a little bit so that it is not too easy to rush through the top/bottom corner.

I love the diversity of maps in Outwitters, I don't really wanna see any maps gone forever.

1v1 Master League Old Legs Division
2v2 w/dekwat :master:Waiting Beaver Division
02-05-2013, 01:34 PM
They won't be gone forever

[Image: remur.gif]

Click it. You know you want to.
02-05-2013, 01:38 PM
I'd be sad to see SFI go since it is one of my best maps. But, I can see that the sniper back door is frustrating. I tend to have short, but very interesting matches on SFI every time.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.