Poll: Which maps (if any) should be retired?
This poll is closed.
Sharkfood Island 11.91% 68 11.91%
Long Nine 5.08% 29 5.08%
Glitch 3.85% 22 3.85%
Foundry 12.96% 74 12.96%
Sweetie Plains 6.13% 35 6.13%
Peekaboo 14.71% 84 14.71%
Reaper 6.30% 36 6.30%
Thorn Gulley 5.78% 33 5.78%
Don't remove any maps! 33.27% 190 33.27%
Total 571 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Which Maps to Retire?
02-05-2013, 04:04 AM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2013 04:08 AM by oneadamleft.)
Which Maps to Retire?
As you may have read, we're getting ready to test a slew of new maps this week, the best of which will be added into the League pool.

This seems like a good time to ask which (if any) older maps you guys would like to remove from League rotation. Retired maps will always be available for use in friendly games and pass n' play, so community tournaments will have access to the full spread. No 2v2 maps will be retired, since there are only four of them anyway.

The three most disliked maps are likely to get the boot, though we may lower that threshhold. This poll will stay open right up until we submit, so think hard before you cast your vote(s).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2013, 04:15 AM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2013 04:16 AM by TheQwertiest.)
RE: Which Maps to Retire?
who voted for SFI to be retired? NO

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
Find all posts by this user
02-05-2013, 04:18 AM
Why retire any maps? I think the more maps the better - better play variety.

However, if pressed, Foundry. Highest FTA of any map, especially at high level play. I consider it a free win whenever I get foundry as P1.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
02-05-2013, 04:24 AM
I would like to know the purpose of retiring maps from league play. Peekaboo is a chore for SvS once players start to pump out BSs. It is very hard to defend in Reaper and SFI, the lone spawn spaces being far from their respective back doors; they tend to have quicker games on them compared to the other maps. I feel there is still significant FTA on Foundry, albeit reduced with the p2 initial wit adjustment. There is something peculiar about Glitch that I found it as the only map that heavily favors the Feedback.

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
02-05-2013, 04:24 AM
If you guys vote to keep them all, we'll keep them all. We just saw this as a good opportunity to remove any ugly ducklings.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-05-2013, 04:28 AM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2013 04:28 AM by Gf!sh.)
(02-05-2013 04:15 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  who voted for SFI to be retired? NO

Angel

02-05-2013, 04:30 AM
I will wait to see how the poll ends up. But if certain maps look like they may be up for removal, I will come to their rescue with PASSION AND FURY.

Righteous fury.

02-05-2013, 04:32 AM
(02-05-2013 04:15 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  who voted for SFI to be retired? NO
I just did, I strongly dislike the Adorables loophole. While always using it to my favor, it gives them such a beautiful edge above any other team (runner-up is Scallywags with placing a Bombshell there). However, with fixing it (by using obstacles) the map is probably going to turn into a very slow stalemate fest which I'm not a big fan of either. Hence my vote.

Second vote went to Peekaboo because in my eyes it appears to favor P1 and even more so when they're Scallywags. Smile

You should consider keeping Foundry, though, albeit it being voted on the most right now. It is - (avoidable!!!!) Sniper/Medic FTA aside - the only map that doesn't bring up a Special everytime and if it does, a fair amount of wit management had been required.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
02-05-2013, 04:39 AM
I'd like to see Reaper fixed or removed. The mobi rush, while defendable, is rather annoying.
02-05-2013, 04:49 AM
I could live with peekaboo being removed. But I think it could be substantially improved by merely playing around with the obstacles in the center. Make it less turtley. Look at the map with 2 obstacles removed. Totally new ballgame:

[Image: 364.png]