Poll: Which maps (if any) should be retired?
This poll is closed.
Sharkfood Island 11.91% 68 11.91%
Long Nine 5.08% 29 5.08%
Glitch 3.85% 22 3.85%
Foundry 12.96% 74 12.96%
Sweetie Plains 6.13% 35 6.13%
Peekaboo 14.71% 84 14.71%
Reaper 6.30% 36 6.30%
Thorn Gulley 5.78% 33 5.78%
Don't remove any maps! 33.27% 190 33.27%
Total 571 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Which Maps to Retire?
02-05-2013, 04:51 AM
RE: Which Maps to Retire?
I voted for SFI, even though I love playing it as P1 or P2 as adorables, I don't think Veggies have a chance against non veggies on it. Bramble is useless on SFI in my experience, but I could just be an ignorant Adorables player, maybe a pro Vegg could show me the light.

The Gruff Billies Clan:
Yeah. We ate your grass, bub.
Fluffy League Whatcha gonna do? Fluffy League
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2013, 04:53 AM
(02-05-2013 04:49 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  I could live with peekaboo being removed. But I think it could be substantially improved by merely playing around with the obstacles in the center. Make it less turtley. Look at the map with 2 obstacles removed. Totally new ballgame:
Makes it impossible to defend a 2HP P1 Runner.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
02-05-2013, 04:53 AM
if a lot of people think that SFI should be removed then there must be something wrong with the map. tsk2.. its really too bad. its one of the few maps i like both as P1 and P2

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
02-05-2013, 05:02 AM
I wouldn't want any map removed. Of course there are some I feel more comfortable on than others but diversity is making the game more interesting.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.
02-05-2013, 05:09 AM
(02-05-2013 04:53 AM)Harti Wrote:  
(02-05-2013 04:49 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  I could live with peekaboo being removed. But I think it could be substantially improved by merely playing around with the obstacles in the center. Make it less turtley. Look at the map with 2 obstacles removed. Totally new ballgame:
Makes it impossible to defend a 2HP P1 Runner.

Hmm I suppose that's true. Well, I mean, no not impossible, you could save the medic, but definitely limits your options.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
02-05-2013, 05:23 AM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2013 05:24 AM by Ja Karta.)
As long as you guys are changing things:
Could we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get an option to see turn info without sitting through replays?
e.g. show the last known position of units from last turn along with whether they moved (that coves 98% of what you get from replays)

I know a number of friends who started to get into the game and then just stopped playing league games because you can't play competitively without sitting through the replays. Very time consuming in aggregate. That makes them tenuous customers at best. And many people aren't fortunate enough to have irl friends to play with.

Ja Karta: Master League Long Shadow division
w/Niloc 1308 & Buzz Killingtun: Master League Hidden Owl & Proud Turtle divisions
Happy to accept friendlies! (Could use the practice. ; )
02-05-2013, 05:43 AM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2013 05:44 AM by Necrocat219.)
I think long nice shold be removed not for being unbalanced but for being so boring. There is very little diversity in gameplay at higher levels of play (most players at this lever rarely go for the top 2 wit spaces) and It always comes down to whoever kills the sniper first, whoever gets their special into the game first. The open space at the top can rarely be utalised with most games based around the bottom or hugging the two walls. Also that middle bit almost never has any purpose (the path).

Maybe foundry and Peekaboo but I have a lot of fun on those maps, especially peekaboo

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
02-05-2013, 05:44 AM
Hi sweetie plains, GET OUT OF MY LIFE.

Defeat Is Not An Option

GC:dakdak97 Master League
02-05-2013, 05:49 AM
(02-05-2013 05:23 AM)Ja Karta Wrote:  As long as you guys are changing things:
Could we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get an option to see turn info without sitting through replays?
e.g. show the last known position of units from last turn along with whether they moved (that coves 98% of what you get from replays)

I know a number of friends who started to get into the game and then just stopped playing league games because you can't play competitively without sitting through the replays. Very time consuming in aggregate. That makes them tenuous customers at best. And many people aren't fortunate enough to have irl friends to play with.

Disagree with this...

I would like wits to be displayed in the end-game replay, though.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
02-05-2013, 05:51 AM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2013 05:51 AM by connor34911.)
(02-05-2013 05:43 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  I think long nice shold be removed not for being unbalanced but for being so boring. There is very little diversity in gameplay at higher levels of play (most players at this lever rarely go for the top 2 wit spaces) and It always comes down to whoever kills the sniper first, whoever gets their special into the game first. The open space at the top can rarely be utalised with most games based around the bottom or hugging the two walls. Also that middle bit almost never has any purpose (the path).

Maybe foundry and Peekaboo but I have a lot of fun on those maps, especially peekaboo

You killed my sniper first and I still wonTongue

Also I love that map.

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491