Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tutoring thread
03-17-2014, 06:46 AM
RE: Tutoring thread
Alvendor: disagree ^^ Two mobis is always bad when your opponent has one less, unless you are very late in the game. Because if he attacks you knowing you have two mobis (he will know it, if you have two mobis, that's to use them) he won't focus your mobis, he will focus everything else. So you will end up with two mobis alive, but almost nothing else anymroe, and mobis alone are useless. You can't expect your opponent to kill your mobis because it is "wit efficient", it's obvious in these cases that you have to aim the units which can deal damage. Smile

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-17-2014, 07:53 AM
I don't mind double mobi, but yeah you have to be ready to handle an incoming attack

Soldier spam FTW
03-17-2014, 08:16 AM
2 Mobi: Kill everything else
1 Mobi: Kill the Mobi

Sure a Mobi is useless on its own, but often a single on is dfended by very squishy units and relies on being too far away from your attackers to stay alive. Killing it prevents your opponents from reinforcing their whale and leaves their squishy units as sitting ducks for your soldiers.

Sometimes I think being in a lower league is actually an advantage. In Gifted I had to play against people using all kinds of unorthadox moves and I had to adapt my playstyle to counter a bunch of weird strategies (like people attacking my upper wit space on Long Nine. Nobody in Masters does that). Gifted forces you to think outside the box and play a bit more creatively, and doing that can be a huge advantage against master players who are used to people more or less following a script.

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
03-17-2014, 08:27 AM
(03-17-2014 06:09 AM)LegacyofEight Wrote:  Thanks so much FrozenNorthernKid for tutoring me Smile I really appreciate it.
See y'all in the tourney?
Fluffy League LegacyofEight Fluffy League
No problem, happy I can help Smile
Which tourney?

GCID: FrozenNorthernKid
1v1, 2v2 w/baustin42, w/spacechef Gifted League
2v2 random, w/ Extreme Ghost, w/ izzilla Master League
------------------------------------------------
"So it goes." - Kurt Vonnegut, 'Slaughterhouse Five'
03-17-2014, 10:43 AM (This post was last modified: 03-17-2014 10:47 AM by Necrocat219.)
I'm going to have to say that the only matchup that 2 mobi are bad is in the mirror match, if a game goes on long enough 2 mobis is almost always good as it allows you to make 5 wit equal soldier trades with the opponent, forcing them to have a surplus of wits compared to units or to forfeit spots for their soldiers, having much better area control than the bombshell. In the adorables mirror match the cost of soldiers can easily be 4 wits with the mobi teleporting the unit for 1 wit, so there is little point for 2 mobis in A vs A. The wit costs all assume you boost your medic.

There are exemptions depending on the map. I like 2 mobi on skulduggery for example against adorables as it helps control the choke point and is wit equal in trades whilst stopping them going for game.

Also Alvendor, what you described has been the majority of my win conditions recently.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
03-17-2014, 02:47 PM
(03-17-2014 06:46 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  Alvendor: disagree ^^ Two mobis is always bad when your opponent has one less, unless you are very late in the game. Because if he attacks you knowing you have two mobis (he will know it, if you have two mobis, that's to use them) he won't focus your mobis, he will focus everything else. So you will end up with two mobis alive, but almost nothing else anymroe, and mobis alone are useless. You can't expect your opponent to kill your mobis because it is "wit efficient", it's obvious in these cases that you have to aim the units which can deal damage. Smile

Is it bad to have three? I currently have three against feedback on Glitch. It is a stalemate and he's been pull scramblers left and right.

Gifted League GC ID: Bubba2701Gifted League

If life gives you lemons, you trade them for wheat and make beer.
-AttackBomb
03-17-2014, 02:53 PM
I don't even know what you do with 3 mobis on such a small map lol

GCID: FrozenNorthernKid
1v1, 2v2 w/baustin42, w/spacechef Gifted League
2v2 random, w/ Extreme Ghost, w/ izzilla Master League
------------------------------------------------
"So it goes." - Kurt Vonnegut, 'Slaughterhouse Five'
03-17-2014, 10:11 PM
(03-17-2014 10:43 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  The wit costs all assume you boost your medic.

I didn't know it was a good idea to boost medics Tongue

GC ID : ShAdOw.* 198
1v1 : Master League
"Your mind is a bit like soup - it has to be stirred up all the time, and then interesting vegetables float to the top and so on, and you have new ideas." -Martyn Poliakoff
03-18-2014, 04:08 AM
(03-17-2014 02:47 PM)AttackBomb Wrote:  
(03-17-2014 06:46 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  Alvendor: disagree ^^ Two mobis is always bad when your opponent has one less, unless you are very late in the game. Because if he attacks you knowing you have two mobis (he will know it, if you have two mobis, that's to use them) he won't focus your mobis, he will focus everything else. So you will end up with two mobis alive, but almost nothing else anymroe, and mobis alone are useless. You can't expect your opponent to kill your mobis because it is "wit efficient", it's obvious in these cases that you have to aim the units which can deal damage. Smile

Is it bad to have three? I currently have three against feedback on Glitch. It is a stalemate and he's been pull scramblers left and right.

Mobi against feedback isn't that good, especially on glitch? Mobi on this map hasn't got a real point. What you want to have there is the unit advantage, you want to be efficient, and scramblers are way more efficient than mobis. So, yes, it is bad to have three, especially against feedback,adn especially on this map. Even one mobi isn't nice there. Smile

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
03-18-2014, 04:25 AM
(03-18-2014 04:08 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  
(03-17-2014 02:47 PM)AttackBomb Wrote:  

Mobi against feedback isn't that good, especially on glitch? Mobi on this map hasn't got a real point. What you want to have there is the unit advantage, you want to be efficient, and scramblers are way more efficient than mobis. So, yes, it is bad to have three, especially against feedback,adn especially on this map. Even one mobi isn't nice there. Smile

Well he's choking my wit space with a scrambler, so yeah.

Gifted League GC ID: Bubba2701Gifted League

If life gives you lemons, you trade them for wheat and make beer.
-AttackBomb