Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Poor behavior coming in Outwitters?
03-05-2014, 11:04 PM
RE: Poor behavior coming in Outwitters?
(03-05-2014 09:39 PM)TheGreatAnt Wrote:  Also sometimes admitting defeat is difficult though.

If I have an opponent cornered, I usually wait until the game is over/they resign just to be curious.

Actually, to be honest...I am kind of offended by "GG" in itself. I always think "what, are you too lazy or care enough to actually type out the whole thing?"
So, to make it easy for me, I made a shortcut in settings so "gg" always comes out to be "Good game. =]"

Now that we know that, whenever we see "Good Game =]" from you, we'll know you're just being lazy Tongue

GC name: amoffett11
1v1 Super-Titan
2v2 with .Memories. and 2v2 random Master League

Until you stalk and overrun you can't devour anyone
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2014, 01:52 AM
It's funny that this thread revived since I just GG'd an opponent before the match was over...something I usually never do...but I was on the spawn and he had no attacking units left on the map. He did express dislike with my early gg and after thinking about it I could see how it could be annoying in from their point of view so I'm just gonna wait till the match is over from now on. In my early outwitters playing I would say gg if I lost and only say gg when I won if my opponent said it first. I think the main thing to remember is that it's just a game. Nothing to get worker up over, and definitely nothing to take personal when you lose.

[Image: sig.png]
03-06-2014, 06:00 PM
@amoffett;;
Yeah, you got me. xD

@mr_13en;;
Even though this is just a game and shouldn't be taken personal, some people really do get personally engaged with the game and emotions get tied in. No, that's not the greatest thing, but I know that has happened to me a couple times. Yeah. It is just a game.

GC: TheGreatAnt
03-07-2014, 01:25 AM
(03-06-2014 06:00 PM)TheGreatAnt Wrote:  @mr_13en;;
Even though this is just a game and shouldn't be taken personal, some people really do get personally engaged with the game and emotions get tied in. No, that's not the greatest thing, but I know that has happened to me a couple times. Yeah. It is just a game.

I totally I agree because the same has happened to me too...I've just had to take a step back and look around and be like, ok, relax, it's just a game. Haha

03-07-2014, 02:15 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2014 02:18 AM by El_Yayo_Claudio.)
I always say good luck and GG. Give praise when praise is due people. It is a game but like I always say, not everybody out there has all day to play...

Gifted LeagueI dont play video games because I have no life... I play video games because I choose to have many...Gifted League
New GC LUISFROMPR
03-07-2014, 03:49 AM
(03-05-2014 10:28 AM)amoffett11 Wrote:  I realize this is an old thread, but just to throw my two cents in, saying "GG" in a situation where the game isn't over, but you know you've own, not assume, but actually know (for example, sweetie plains or foundry, when you have their base to 2 and a soldier in their back door, and they have no way of killing it) is fine. If someone has a problem with it, or gets angry, they have their own issues. It is not cocky or arrogant, it's just fact. The fault is with the person who doesn't know how to lose.

I have to disagree. When someone says "gg" when they are going to win (aka an "offensive gg" in Starcraft) you cannot say whether they are being arrogant and have ill intent or whether they are simply saying it was a good game. You claim they are not being cocky but in reality you cannot know. Certainly in Starcraft it is considered bad mannered to call an offensive gg and there is an understanding that in doing so you are trying to insult your opponent. While this isn't an established fact in Outwitters (that's a good thing!), depending on where people have come from they may or may not be using gg in a negative way.

That being said, at the end of the day you cannot know for sure so it's best to just ignore it if someone does it to you. However, I personally would refrain from calling an offensive gg when I'm going to win as I know many people see it as being intentionally BM (bad mannered).

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
03-07-2014, 05:06 AM
In stacraft early gg is bad mannered, even to me, but not in outwitters. Almost only interesting, clever and nice people play this game, that's why I don't get how you could see an early gg as an attack. Smile

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

03-07-2014, 05:10 AM
I say good game and good luck but there are a few who don't like me saying these. Don't know why but cuss they still do.
03-07-2014, 05:11 AM
Do people really take offense at "good luck"? Sometimes I say "GL HF" at the start of the game, and I've never seen anyone respond negatively to that.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-07-2014, 05:34 AM
I would never have understood that without context.

There's your explanation! Tongue

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!