Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Poor behavior coming in Outwitters?
03-05-2014, 05:30 AM
RE: Poor behavior coming in Outwitters?
(03-05-2014 05:01 AM)tikibeeki Wrote:  I GG {almost} every game, win or lose, don't GG early-just got a "go f... yourself" after a (somewhat quick) win. sad - was looking to see what others might do, guess I'll leave it alone

Best to ignore those people, if possible. They're so rare it shouldn't happen too often.

Mag!cGuy got a particularly pompous person in a 2v2 recently that he can tell you about.. Confused

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2014, 06:29 AM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2014 06:29 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
Oh god, posts from a year ago... I was being so kiddy! I'm feeling old Smile

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
03-05-2014, 09:14 AM
Usually upper level players aren't like this. I did meet a trash talking 2v2 game though

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
03-05-2014, 10:28 AM
I realize this is an old thread, but just to throw my two cents in, saying "GG" in a situation where the game isn't over, but you know you've own, not assume, but actually know (for example, sweetie plains or foundry, when you have their base to 2 and a soldier in their back door, and they have no way of killing it) is fine. If someone has a problem with it, or gets angry, they have their own issues. It is not cocky or arrogant, it's just fact. The fault is with the person who doesn't know how to lose.

GC name: amoffett11
1v1 Super-Titan
2v2 with .Memories. and 2v2 random Master League

Until you stalk and overrun you can't devour anyone
03-05-2014, 10:44 AM
(03-05-2014 10:28 AM)amoffett11 Wrote:  I realize this is an old thread, but just to throw my two cents in, saying "GG" in a situation where the game isn't over, but you know you've own, not assume, but actually know (for example, sweetie plains or foundry, when you have their base to 2 and a soldier in their back door, and they have no way of killing it) is fine. If someone has a problem with it, or gets angry, they have their own issues. It is not cocky or arrogant, it's just fact. The fault is with the person who doesn't know how to lose.

I don't say GG until the games officially over, but I don't get upset if other people have obviously won. Actually, if I end my turn and I know that my opponent will win next turn, I usually just open chat and say good game.

Cheers Smile

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
03-05-2014, 10:48 AM
(03-05-2014 06:29 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  Oh god, posts from a year ago... I was being so kiddy! I'm feeling old Smile

It's funny how you said that. After seeing the posts and playing games or tourney with some players you do sort of get to know some of their characters. Big Grin
03-05-2014, 05:27 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2014 05:37 PM by (Rone).)
I've ran into poor language because other players have lost a game in 1v1. I just think there is an amount of politeness in saying gg at the end no matter what the outcome is.

When I first started I did used to get ticked off at some losses. Even wins that were painstakingly difficult to end/defend if the outcome was obvious.

Proud Gifted League 1v1 http://osn.codepenguin.com/players/view/25336
03-05-2014, 06:54 PM
(03-05-2014 10:28 AM)amoffett11 Wrote:  I realize this is an old thread, but just to throw my two cents in, saying "GG" in a situation where the game isn't over, but you know you've own, not assume, but actually know (for example, sweetie plains or foundry, when you have their base to 2 and a soldier in their back door, and they have no way of killing it) is fine. If someone has a problem with it, or gets angry, they have their own issues. It is not cocky or arrogant, it's just fact. The fault is with the person who doesn't know how to lose.

Exactly.

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

03-05-2014, 09:39 PM
Also sometimes admitting defeat is difficult though.

If I have an opponent cornered, I usually wait until the game is over/they resign just to be curious.

Actually, to be honest...I am kind of offended by "GG" in itself. I always think "what, are you too lazy or care enough to actually type out the whole thing?"
So, to make it easy for me, I made a shortcut in settings so "gg" always comes out to be "Good game. =]"

GC: TheGreatAnt
03-05-2014, 09:54 PM
Well, when you say "hi" and not "good morning", it's just to type faster. It's the same for gg and good game. But I do notice that I say gg when the game was pretty normal, and "good game!!" when it was rather epic Big Grin

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)