Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.14 Average
1st GG Clan Tourney (WINNER: Anonymous Clan) [Concluded]
08-22-2013, 08:16 PM
RE: 1st Good Game Clan Tournament - (CLAN WARS PUBLISHED) [Updated 08/21/13]
I their purpose is to avoid imbalancing of pairings through alternating.
Cause if you post first the 2nd team will be able to set their line up to best go against you.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-22-2013, 09:16 PM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2013 09:17 PM by jesusfuentesh.)
(08-22-2013 04:16 PM)poweewee Wrote:  Regarding the posting of the lineups, is there any disadvantage to say, just posting all our players for all the matchups at the same time? For example,

poweewee Think Quickly #1
wildt4lon Think Quickly #2
poweewee Think Quickly #3
Pastil Think Quickly #4,

etc.? I just think this would save a lot of time.

Personally, I think there is a slight disadvantage doing it that way. For example, as the opponent leader will know each opponent at once, he would arrange an order according to the skill of each player considering the skill of the opponent. On the contrary, if he doesn't know, he has to choose a player without knowing the opponent, and you'll be able to choose a player according to the knowledge you have of the skill of that opponent.

Anyway, if you don't care about this, you can do it that way.

(08-22-2013 08:16 PM)Pastil* Wrote:  I their purpose is to avoid imbalancing of pairings through alternating.
Cause if you post first the 2nd team will be able to set their line up to best go against you.

Exactly

Don't neglect your fellowship with God, family and study by playing video games. Be organized with your time

GC name: jesusfuentesh
Super-Titan 1v1; 2v2
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-22-2013, 10:26 PM
What if both teams submit their lineups at the same time? Send the lineups to a neutral clan, or something.

Super-Titan Top 200: #2
Super-Titan Winner, 2013 Winter World Cup, OWSA Tournament
08-22-2013, 10:34 PM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2013 11:12 PM by jesusfuentesh.)
Submitting lineups at the same time it's kind of difficult and kind of random (my standpoint). But if they both want to, that's ok. But the 1st option to do is the one that is already stablished. If they both wanted to do something else, it's up to them.

I think the option one by one gives a good teamwork since they would have to share thoughts about what mode they'd like to play and the leader should know the skill and style o each player.

I've been realizing many players want to do things rapidly.

The best way to make it quickly is cooperating doing each step as soon as possible, as well as playing fast turns.

Playing as quickly as possible and smartly is the best way to finish this tourney in style.

So, let's go. Let's start setting the matches. Peace Wink

Don't neglect your fellowship with God, family and study by playing video games. Be organized with your time

Super-Titan 1v1; 2v2
08-23-2013, 12:17 PM
Holy crap do we really need a thread for each matchup? how has gfish not shot you? lol
08-23-2013, 03:32 PM
(08-23-2013 12:17 PM)awpertunity Wrote:  Holy crap do we really need a thread for each matchup? how has gfish not shot you? lol

You can also skype each leader and arrange the matches Fluffy League

Super-Titan 1v1; 2v2
08-24-2013, 02:00 AM (This post was last modified: 08-24-2013 02:24 AM by Thrutchy.)
(08-23-2013 12:17 PM)awpertunity Wrote:  Holy crap do we really need a thread for each matchup? how has gfish not shot you? lol

Since this this has so many parallel games going on, i think this was necessary. A very good decision in my opinion.

(08-21-2013 10:31 PM)jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Advices are usually better than criticisms btw.

Sorry for being so critical. I still think the scope of this tournament is too large, but I see a very positive outcome of this tournament already - our clan is communicating an order of magnitude more!

A major problem i still see in this tournament is the meeting games that will likely take close to a year to play because they are played in sequence. My suggestion is that these be played in parallel once they are all that is left. Maybe do all other types first and then do all the meeting games in parallel with no time limit per turn.
08-24-2013, 03:36 AM
It would be pretty tricky having so many of the "meeting" games going on all at once though. Maybe only play them if they are able to swing the point total in favor of one team or the other? Though with 9 points, it probably would swing all the games.

[Image: sig.png]
08-24-2013, 04:24 AM
We might also want to do the group games two at the time (per clan), so we can finish them in the time span of 2 games.

08-24-2013, 04:38 AM (This post was last modified: 08-24-2013 04:42 AM by jesusfuentesh.)
(08-24-2013 04:24 AM)Gf!sh Wrote:  We might also want to do the group games two at the time (per clan), so we can finish them in the time span of 2 games.

I was thinking this too. But, I'll accept other suggestions.

(08-24-2013 03:36 AM)lawtai Wrote:  Maybe only play them if they are able to swing the point total in favor of one team or the other? Though with 9 points, it probably would swing all the games.

The thing is that the team that gets more points would be a finalist. So, they will want or need those 9 points.

Super-Titan 1v1; 2v2