Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.14 Average
1st GG Clan Tourney (WINNER: Anonymous Clan) [Concluded]
08-16-2013, 12:58 AM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2013 12:59 AM by jesusfuentesh.)
RE: 1st Good Game Clan Tournament - sharping and sharing the knowledge [Updated 08/15/13]
(08-16-2013 12:42 AM)Thrutchy Wrote:  I think Aaron and Qlearn will be joining. Hopefully we can get another 2 and make it 6.

Ok. I am not sure but I think your teammate awpertunity is active enough since he's been playing the All Stars All Round Tournament. If so, he might join if he's willing

Don't neglect your fellowship with God, family and study by playing video games. Be organized with your time

GC name: jesusfuentesh
Super-Titan 1v1; 2v2
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-16-2013, 02:21 AM
RE: 1st Good Game Clan Tournament - sharping and sharing the knowledge [Updated 08/15/13]
(08-15-2013 10:31 PM)RandyDogz Wrote:  
(08-14-2013 04:17 PM)Pastil* Wrote:  GC name: RandyDogz
Clan: Anonymous

Confirmed

(08-14-2013 08:10 PM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  I do have doubts about randy playing regularly... Smile

Unconfirmed! I timed out on a bunch last week but ill keep up with this tourney Smile

Great to know! ^^

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
08-16-2013, 03:35 AM
Sign me up!
GC: aaronINdayton
clan: iPro

The Gruff Billies Clan:
Yeah. We ate your grass, bub.
Fluffy League Whatcha gonna do? Fluffy League
08-16-2013, 04:13 AM
Sign me up! Go on...
GC : iNoSky
Clan :Good Game Team

iNoSky/iNoAce2
08-16-2013, 01:35 PM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2013 01:37 PM by Qlearn.)
Sign me up!
GC: qbmlMexico
Clan: iPro
Cheers
08-16-2013, 11:33 PM
RE: 1st Good Game Clan Tournament - sharping and sharing the knowledge
Another thing to consider: if we opt for scenario b, d or e, we have to rearrange the matches so it fits with the 6 players/clan thing.

So here's what I was considering: (the original system has 28 player seats, and 64 points to divide total)

(08-10-2013 03:20 PM)jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Think quickly: (whatever race)

TBA vs TBA Sharkfood Island
TBA vs TBA Sharkfood Island
TBA vs TBA Foundry
TBA vs TBA Foundry

Worth: 1 point for the clan (per match)
We keep this one.

(08-10-2013 03:20 PM)jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Metagame on fire:

Worth: 2 points for the clan (per match)

A vs A Thorn Gulley
A vs A Thorn Gulley
A vs A Reaper
A vs A Reaper
F vs F Glitch
F vs F Glitch
F vs F Peekaboo
F vs F Peekaboo
We could easily trim this down to 4 matches. On another note, it already seems to be worth quite a lot in the original system, as it makes for 25% of the whole round, and even more than the group matches (~18.8%). So, even if we somehow get to option a or c, it might be better to reduce this to 6 matches.

(08-10-2013 03:20 PM)jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Pushing the fish:

Worth: 2 points for the clan (per match)

S vs A Sweet Tooth
A vs S Sweet Tooth
S vs A Thorn Gulley
A vs S Thorn Gulley.

Gardening the care bears:

A vs V Skull Duggery
A vs V Skull Duggery

Worth: 3 points for the clan (per match)
This one I'm uncertain about. We could do either:

a: Scrap all of the SvA matches, and keep the 2 AvV matches;
b: Scrap the AvV and two of the SvA matches, so we keep 2 SvA matches. Maybe raise them to 3 points each. (?)

(08-10-2013 03:20 PM)jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Plant vs zombies:

F vs V Thorn Gulley
F vs V Thorn Gulley

We keep these as well.

(08-10-2013 03:20 PM)jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Good partners: (different couples)

SA vs SA Blitz Beach
SA vs SA Blitz Beach
SA vs SA Mechanism
SA vs SA Mechanism

We can trim these down to 2 matches, no problem.

(08-10-2013 03:20 PM)jesusfuentesh Wrote:  The meeting:

Worth: 6 points for the clan (per match)

A vs A Sweet Tooth
F vs F Glitch
And we keep these as well. Overall, that's going to be 16 player seats and 40 points total per round.

A few notes on option e though (as that seems to be most likely to take place):

- Each clan is gonna have 4 inital rounds, with 2 group games per round. That's a lot. A lot to keep track of and/or complete in a finite duration. We might want to make that a single game per round (given that there's 4 rounds per clan, we can still didtribute that evenly).
- For the grand finale, we might want to consider to make the initial head-to-head result carry over. So, say, Diamond League defeated Anonymous 23-11, and they face eachother at the finale, it would start with DL ahead 23-11.
- The grand finale can still have the full 64-point system. Also, if we would agree with both my two previous notes, and raise the group game to 8 points in the initial rounds, we would have exactly 100 points for the finale Smile.

At last, some more general notes & comments:

- Note 4: It might just be a better idea to opt for a spreadsheet instead (regardless of any personal bias in favour of spreadsheets Wink)
- Note 10: That might be a bit troublesome. Suggestion: we tag all matches of a round with a number, we make all of the seatings on our personal forum, and PM that to some independant party (not me or you). This independant party will publish all the matchups after all clans have sent them. None of the clans will know what the opponent did when submitting his seating. So it will look like this:

Good Game Team (vs iPro)

Think Quickly:
1: Syvan
2: iNoSky
3: His_Daddy
4: Gf!sh
Metagame on Fire:
5: jesusfuentesh
6: ...

Not knowing what we have submitted, iPro could do something like this:

iPro (vs Good Game team)

Think Quickly:
1: aaronINdayton
2: qbmlMexico
3: ^trutchy^
4: terenceshiu2005
Metagame on Fire:
5: awpertunity

And then we would get these matchups:

Good Game Team vs iPro

Think Quickly:
1: Syvan v aaronINdayton
2: qbmlMexico v iNoSky
3: His_Daddy v ^trutchy^
4: terenceshiu2005 vs Gf!sh (what the heck have I gotten myself into?!)
Metagame on Fire:
5: jesusfuentesh v awpertunity

tl;dr: please read all of this.

08-17-2013, 12:52 AM
I'd like to suggest that one or more of these be done:
* minimize the number of gameplay modes (each a tournament by themself). Ideally 1 mode.
* for each mode, create a new tournament thread. This should make it easier to track what is going on and reduces the risk of the entire tournament if 1 or 2 modes stall or die.
* 1 or 2 rounds for each game mode. Round-robin might be fine since we only have a handful of clans. Or some kind of partial round-robin.

Look at the history of tournaments in this forum. Most don't finish. The more complex it is, the more likely it won't finish. Clan tournaments are probably harder to keep going than individual ones. To me, this clan tournament looks like quite a bit more than the last one Gfish hosted and that one died.
08-17-2013, 10:36 AM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2013 12:27 PM by jesusfuentesh.)
RE: 1st Good Game Clan Tournament
(08-16-2013 01:35 PM)Qlearn Wrote:  Sign me up!
GC: qbmlMexico
Clan: iPro
Cheers

Hola Qlearn.

Citando la regla #1:

Quote:1. Each member has to be officially in a clan, showing his logo team on his profile.

Entra al clan iPro oficialmente para poder inscribirte formalmente.

(08-16-2013 11:33 PM)Gf!sh Wrote:  tl;dr: please read all of this.

I did. Thanks for your suggestion

(08-17-2013 12:52 AM)Thrutchy Wrote:  I'd like to suggest that one or more of these be done:
* minimize the number of gameplay modes (each a tournament by themself). Ideally 1 mode.
* for each mode, create a new tournament thread. This should make it easier to track what is going on and reduces the risk of the entire tournament if 1 or 2 modes stall or die.
* 1 or 2 rounds for each game mode. Round-robin might be fine since we only have a handful of clans. Or some kind of partial round-robin.

Look at the history of tournaments in this forum. Most don't finish. The more complex it is, the more likely it won't finish. Clan tournaments are probably harder to keep going than individual ones. To me, this clan tournament looks like quite a bit more than the last one Gfish hosted and that one died.

Thanks for your suggestion. For each one I might have a answer though.

* I won't minimize the number of gameplay modes, but I will minimize the number of matches.

* Quoting the note number 4. "When the matches are about to start, each clan vs clan will have a thread I'll create to put their results. For example: One called "Anonymous clan vs Good Game team results" and "Anonymous clan vs Ice Blood Bullet results"." One thread shall be created per clan war.

* Once I know the number of clans, I'll rearrange the rounds.

* And yeah, I kind of know the history. There might be different reasons why a tourney dies though. But if we start a tournament thinking of all the death tournaments, that should cheer us up to make a good one that can finish well. If we think the simplest thing, we could just do a 4 players tournament and that's it. It'd finish and would be easier. But that's not the idea. The thing is that the community has to cooperate to finish the tournament, and of course the organizer too. I'm trying to put things in order so we can happily finish this. I'll send private messages, create threads and so on. Let's see.

Your attention PLEASE:

- Each leader has to confirm their leadership by posting for example "I'll be the leader of Good Game Clan"
- Each clan should create a thread for this tournament in their private forum, and I also invite all the participants to be subscribed to that thread.
- Signups will be accepted until the next Tuesday 11:59 PM whatever time zone. That is 08/20/2013
- After that Tuesday, the number of matches will be rearranged as soon as possible and they will be published on Friday 08/23/2013. The clan war threads (notes and indications will be added on each one) should be created on Saturday 08/24/2013 hopefully, so we can set the players to play in each mode.
- AGAIN I need Anonymous and Wolfpack clan to tell me who their leader will be

Thanks for reading. (This post was sent to some participants via private message)

Don't neglect your fellowship with God, family and study by playing video games. Be organized with your time

Super-Titan 1v1; 2v2
08-17-2013, 12:10 PM
RE: 1st Good Game Clan Tournament - (ANNOUNCEMENT) [Updated 08/16/13]
I just looked through our iPro forum and I found our acceptance of qlearn and the first post in our private forum of qlearn on 4/03/2013. Qlearn is definitely a member of iPro.

Qlearn, you might message Alex or Adam to see why you don't have our logo.
08-17-2013, 12:23 PM
RE: 1st Good Game Clan Tournament - (ANNOUNCEMENT) [Updated 08/16/13]
(08-17-2013 12:10 PM)Thrutchy Wrote:  I just looked through our iPro forum and I found our acceptance of qlearn and the first post in our private forum of qlearn on 4/03/2013. Qlearn is definitely a member of iPro.

Qlearn, you might message Alex or Adam to see why you don't have our logo.

Ok. Maybe he hasn't set the logo team as Display Image?

Super-Titan 1v1; 2v2