Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
BEING CHEATED? - read this first!
05-30-2013, 01:40 PM (This post was last modified: 05-30-2013 02:01 PM by Sightreader.)
RE: BEING CHEATED? - read this first!
Argh, I can't find my last post.

What I meant to say is this: should newbies have to LEAVE a game just to figure out what it does? Tactics are fine in forums, but we're talking about RULES here. Tactics are what an enemy might do, rules are what the GAME might do. Those one-sentence summaries are totally inadequate for describing behavior and leave out more "what happens if...?" scenarios than the Bill of Rights!

If "Pass and Play" is the way you're supposed to learn, that's great, but the second you try to end your experiment it says that it will "count as a loss", effectively scaring away newbies from trying.

I guess I'm saying that game needs to make clear how it wants you to learn it. Right now, it doesn't have full rules, it doesn't refer you to a forum, it doesn't encourage you to try Pass and Play, it doesn't point to a tutorial game, it just sits there and expects you to go out there and get massacred.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-30-2013, 03:31 PM
Sightreader, I feel ya bro, but this really isn't the place to be talking about it. I'll quote you in my old game improvements thread, though. I know Adam and Alex check it when it's up (well, one of them posted in it once, at least)

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
05-30-2013, 03:56 PM (This post was last modified: 05-30-2013 04:00 PM by Sightreader.)
(05-30-2013 03:31 PM)ElPared Wrote:  Sightreader, I feel ya bro, but this really isn't the place to be talking about it. I'll quote you in my old game improvements thread, though. I know Adam and Alex check it when it's up (well, one of them posted in it once, at least)

Oh, sorry. I don't know how any of this is structured. Yes, if you can forward this to the powers that be then that would be fine. Rules are supposed to describe game behavior before it happens, not justify it after you're screwed.

A fix may be as simple as adding the phrase "Experiment with Outwitters" to the Pass and Play small print or encouraging using it that way at the end of the Tutorial script.
05-31-2013, 06:10 AM
There could be an interactive tutorial game option underneath pass and play and be the only one unlocked if its a new player. It could put you on a tutorial map and you start as a Scallywags team. The game will tell you how to move the highlighted soldier and about wit spaces and wits and the spawn space. Then the game will teach you about the spawn selection screen and the different units and shows demos of the specials. Then the computer opponent attacks your units and gives the opportunity for the game to teach about attacking and buffing and wit for kills and FoW. Then the game will make it your turn and teach you about turns and wits per turn and then let you attack the base and win and explain the tiers, points, and the 2 ways to win a game. Then when you finish the tutorial, the game will let you play the other game modes.

We could discuss more in the feature requests thread

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
06-11-2013, 11:40 AM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2013 11:44 AM by Jaxxin....)
HELP!! I've run into a mega cheater, and lost two games so far. Plus two more active games. He knocks out the 5 HP base with one runner hit!! What's up with that?!?!

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y_u7fAww

Please reverse this and ban him from other games, thanks!

Master League Top 100 1v1
06-11-2013, 12:09 PM
Alex has said before that reversing it is impossible, sorry Sad

but rest assured this person will be banned (though they will likely just make a new GC ID)

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
06-11-2013, 12:11 PM
His name has a weird accent on the u (where the █ is). Is it like that on the game list or is it an Outwitter's glitch?

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
06-11-2013, 12:33 PM
Weird u with an apostrophe and single quotation mark accent

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Master League Top 100 1v1
06-11-2013, 12:49 PM
Ouch, 3 games vs this guy...

06-13-2013, 11:16 AM
I am "this guy"... It would not be fair to erase these games I worked hard for. You can erase that one because there is a glitch and it was not fair for jaxxin. But just look at my other game we finished. It is completely fair. If he finishes the other games you will see they are fair too. We are already a few turns into each one. If it was really on purpose I should have already won all those other games from cheating.

http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/...20Y0OreAww