Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Need advice? - Post your replay!
04-20-2013, 01:46 AM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay!
Trying to post replay since editing my my last post didnt seem to work.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YirWqAww
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-20-2013, 06:57 AM
(04-17-2013 06:10 PM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y-qCZAww

Any tips?? I really don't know what to do when my opponent makes a wall, turtling is a style I hate and I always struggle to beat that kind of player.. If you were me, what would you do to put him in difficulty?

It appears you could have attacked the castle on turn 10 with your sniper and likely would have won on your next turn.
04-20-2013, 07:34 AM
(04-19-2013 10:37 AM)Deadbeatman Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YirWqAww

Here's my latest win.

Any advise please. (Normally I tend to have lot of trouble with bramble even though I know how he works)
Turn 11, you had a chance at a 3hp soldier. Instead, you opted for the wit space. Your heavy is at full health, and there would be no easy way for your opponent to take it out. That may have ended things a little earlier.

But overall, you did pretty well at combatting and overcoming your opponent. There are just a few things that you could do to improve for when you get to higher leagues. But that comes with learning the map and controlling the middle.

GC: TheGreatAnt
04-20-2013, 07:40 AM
(04-20-2013 06:57 AM)Hifimatlock Wrote:  
(04-17-2013 06:10 PM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y-qCZAww

Any tips?? I really don't know what to do when my opponent makes a wall, turtling is a style I hate and I always struggle to beat that kind of player.. If you were me, what would you do to put him in difficulty?

It appears you could have attacked the castle on turn 10 with your sniper and likely would have won on your next turn.
He would have won turn 11 and I didn't have any sight Smile

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
04-20-2013, 03:26 PM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2013 03:18 PM by TheQwertiest.)
(04-20-2013 07:40 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  
(04-20-2013 06:57 AM)Hifimatlock Wrote:  

He would have won turn 11 and I didn't have any sight Smile

awesome game. i think you were too aggressive françois. which is not good if your opponent is very defensive. and things might have turned out differently if you killed his right side medic on your second turn

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
04-21-2013, 03:08 PM
I was number 4 in my division 3 days ago, now I'm number 16. Someone tell me what I'm doing wrong please, I am SO tired of losing:

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y2v6zAww

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yzo20Aww

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y9cW0Aww

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YjfGwAww

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
04-21-2013, 04:27 PM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2013 04:52 PM by Norahsul.)
(04-21-2013 03:08 PM)ElPared Wrote:  I was number 4 in my division 3 days ago, now I'm number 16. Someone tell me what I'm doing wrong please, I am SO tired of losing:

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y9cW0Aww

Just some thoughts:
At turn 4, kill his medic instead of runner, or better yet kill the runner too with a newly spawned runner from bottom, n move your runner back our of range of heavy attack.

After u spawn runner you positioned it at a place u will move next turn, n u move ur medic twice, could move to by the base to buff heavy before moving heavy.

Turn 16 ur opponent was already attacking your bottom side n u still created units from upper side? Should move mobi closer and create units from the bottom

And after watching the other game I have a general feeling that you are eager to attack without very strong defense, maybe try building the defense and using wits efficiently, aka no medic / runner jumping around if no need to, or position them at ultimate location so they can have vision while wont be easily attacked
04-22-2013, 07:07 AM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2013 09:37 AM by (Rone).)
(04-20-2013 07:34 AM)TheGreatAnt Wrote:  
(04-19-2013 10:37 AM)Deadbeatman Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YirWqAww

Here's my latest win.

Any advise please. (Normally I tend to have lot of trouble with bramble even though I know how he works)
Turn 11, you had a chance at a 3hp soldier. Instead, you opted for the wit space. Your heavy is at full health, and there would be no easy way for your opponent to take it out. That may have ended things a little earlier.

But overall, you did pretty well at combatting and overcoming your opponent. There are just a few things that you could do to improve for when you get to higher leagues. But that comes with learning the map and controlling the middle.

My opponent wasn't terribly difficult. People whom attack soon and get the game started without a strategy to take out the base's full points seem to be a simple to me. However, I believe that kind of playing happens more at higher leagues then gifted+ players whom are very familiar with the maps.
04-22-2013, 02:47 PM (This post was last modified: 04-23-2013 01:53 AM by Thrutchy.)
(04-21-2013 03:08 PM)ElPared Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y9cW0Aww

2 : that runner placement seems to suggest that you intended immediate attack. I suggest the primary purpose of a runner be vision, not attack range. This is probably more important on 1 spawn maps where going through runners will put you at a unit disadvantage. I usually put a runner up near the base instead.

4 : look at wit & unit delta from attack and counterattack. Just the unit trade is bad - you killed 2 and put 3 in jeopardy (his counter didn't need to put his heavy in jeopardy). Pre attack, I'd value your soldier at 5 wits (1 away from spawn move range), your runner at 2 wits, his medic at 3 (another medic would be placed next to spawn), and his soldier at 3 wits. Ignoring his spawn-move that he'd do anyway, I count you spent/lost 12 wits and he spent/lost 9 wits. Overall, you lost 1 unit and 3 wits vs. your opponent. Since your runner had so much vision, you could determine this before attacking and see this attack would not be in your favor.
04-22-2013, 06:15 PM
(04-21-2013 04:27 PM)Norahsul Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y2v6zAww
At turn 4, kill his medic instead of runner, or better yet kill the runner too with a newly spawned runner from bottom, n move your runner back our of range of heavy attack.

I didn't have vision on his medic for that one, and I don't like to guess about unit locations, so I went for the guaranteed kill.

looking at these replays it seems like I was not thinking as analytically as I usually do, especially in the game against the Chinese guy (or whatever language those symbols are)

and I always put a runner on the bottom on SFI. Most of the time no it's invisible until they make their own runner and I can use it to cover their spawn when they attack. I've won several counterattacks that way.

I'll take away that I need to analyze unit placement and wit efficiency better though. In the Long Nine game I saw that I could have moved a soldier instead of the runner, at least, and it would have been much harder to rape my defense like that.

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome