Poll: Which maps (if any) should be retired?
This poll is closed.
Sharkfood Island 11.91% 68 11.91%
Long Nine 5.08% 29 5.08%
Glitch 3.85% 22 3.85%
Foundry 12.96% 74 12.96%
Sweetie Plains 6.13% 35 6.13%
Peekaboo 14.71% 84 14.71%
Reaper 6.30% 36 6.30%
Thorn Gulley 5.78% 33 5.78%
Don't remove any maps! 33.27% 190 33.27%
Total 571 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Which Maps to Retire?
02-20-2013, 06:33 AM
RE: Which Maps to Retire?
No, the most fun battles are when my opponents give up on turn 2 when they see they are facing me and can't handle the pressure.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-2013, 10:11 PM
(02-19-2013 07:38 PM)W1cked21 Wrote:  
(02-19-2013 07:19 PM)garcia1000 Wrote:  I play Adorables, and I voted to remove Reaper, Peekaboo, and Foundry. I'm sad that Reaper might be staying, it is the worst map

All of them might be staying, 177 people voted to remove none of the maps. Smile

Yea but if you add all the other votes together, over 370 voted to remove three maps. Pretty sure three maps are gone.Rolleyes
Find all posts by this user
02-22-2013, 08:15 AM
I hope they're moving the side spawn spaces on Sweet Plains back one space.I'm sick of games there that are nothing but runners harassing that spawn or snipers from that spawn pinging my defenses the whole game, or soldiers and runners attacking the side wit space. If it took just one more turn for most of those annoying tactics to work I think the map would be more balanced.

as for other maps, I think SFI is easy to fix, and Reaper... idk, it'd be hard to fix the mobi rush on it without fundementally changing the map, but who knows. I'm just sick of getting spammed as P2 on Sweetie Plains

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
02-22-2013, 08:22 AM
(02-22-2013 08:15 AM)ElPared Wrote:  I hope they're moving the side spawn spaces on Sweet Plains back one space.I'm sick of games there that are nothing but runners harassing that spawn or snipers from that spawn pinging my defenses the whole game, or soldiers and runners attacking the side wit space. If it took just one more turn for most of those annoying tactics to work I think the map would be more balanced.

as for other maps, I think SFI is easy to fix, and Reaper... idk, it'd be hard to fix the mobi rush on it without fundementally changing the map, but who knows. I'm just sick of getting spammed as P2 on Sweetie Plains

IMO - Sweetie Plains is the best map. I would be disappointed if they changed it at all.

Super-Titan
02-22-2013, 08:51 AM
it is a good map, I just hate getting spammed on it. It's so easy for P1 to just spam you with runners and force you to spend all your wits defending against their 4 wit attacks while they build up an army.

All they have to do is move the side spawn for each team back one space. It puts the side spawn 3 soldier moves away from the opponent's side wit space (currently it's 2 soldier moves for each player) and forces runners to spend an extra turn trying to hit units you just spawned and moved up a space there. It also means snipers you spawned there don't immediately threaten your opponent's defenses.

basically it's the only map where you essentially have a spawn space on your opponent's side. You can spawn units there and have them be a threat immediately, which to me is ridiculous.

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
02-22-2013, 11:26 AM
(02-22-2013 08:51 AM)ElPared Wrote:  it is a good map, I just hate getting spammed on it. It's so easy for P1 to just spam you with runners and force you to spend all your wits defending against their 4 wit attacks while they build up an army.

All they have to do is move the side spawn for each team back one space. It puts the side spawn 3 soldier moves away from the opponent's side wit space (currently it's 2 soldier moves for each player) and forces runners to spend an extra turn trying to hit units you just spawned and moved up a space there. It also means snipers you spawned there don't immediately threaten your opponent's defenses.

basically it's the only map where you essentially have a spawn space on your opponent's side. You can spawn units there and have them be a threat immediately, which to me is ridiculous.

Yeah, but p2 gets the first soldier spawn, and the extra wits help defend against p1's attack.
02-22-2013, 11:40 AM (This post was last modified: 02-22-2013 11:40 AM by ElPared.)
(02-22-2013 11:26 AM)harvarnold Wrote:  Yeah, but p2 gets the first soldier spawn, and the extra wits help defend against p1's attack.

Then P1 sends his starting soldier and a runner down and kills your soldier Tongue

meh. I'm just miffed at this one game I'm playing where this is happening. It took me like 3 turns, using all my wits on each of them, to fight him off, and now I'm having to deal with the army he made on his side space :[

but I have heard people complaining about how the side wit spaces are 6 spaces away from each player's spawn (the middle for P1 side for P2) and I think moving the side spawn spaces back one space would fix it without changing how the map is played too much.

02-22-2013, 11:45 AM
^send me an invite as p1
02-22-2013, 11:55 AM
(02-22-2013 11:45 AM)harvarnold Wrote:  ^send me an invite as p1

I'm open to a friendly as P2 on SP too. The key is defending the sniper.

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
02-23-2013, 01:21 AM
Looks like we're probably keeping all the maps after all. Smile

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user