Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Need advice? - Post your replay!
07-10-2012, 12:49 AM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay!
(07-10-2012 12:14 AM)ArtNJ Wrote:  
(07-09-2012 11:32 PM)Kyoril Wrote:  I just lost this game and can't quite figure out why. I'm pretty sure it's because I had no real defenses in place, but I'd like a second opinion.

Loss

It wasnt any one thing. You played at about the same level as your opponent, but there are a couple of easily correctable basic things that will take you to a higher level. You did things like hit a 3 health soldier with a runner and then hit it with a sniper on the same turn -- getting familiar with the units and eliminating this type of thing will help a lot. Time matters. You moved units next too enemy units with your last Wit, which lets them attack you without moving. This is giving them free time. And you moved your medic 6 times, and buffed/healed maybe another 6 times. This is WAY too much time spent with the medic. Focus on efficiency and good use of time (Wits) and you'll get to the next level.

[Editted to be more helpful]

(07-09-2012 11:03 PM)Burnsyrocks Wrote:  Lose

Short game on sf island in which i cant stop a single heavy... Tongue

Link doesnt work

To minimieze use of medic, just leave him next to the spawn space, and heal them when they spawn in, it increases hp and it doesnt waste wits on moving. When your units on the battlefield's hp are very low make sure that they arent surrounded, and try to retreat and heal. hope this helps
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2012, 02:50 AM
Thanks heaps guys.
07-11-2012, 09:35 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2012 10:02 PM by Smylee.)
Hey guys I just finished a very close comeback game. Could use your advice/opinions on how I could improve

Replay is HERe
07-11-2012, 10:59 PM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIQCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yhas7DA
It was a strange game, i definatly moved my sniper too far. This justbshows that missed oppitunities are everywhere, i won in the end after the fall of me in the north. If i had went through the main armies i would have lost.

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos
[Image: sig.png]
07-12-2012, 12:45 AM
(07-11-2012 10:59 PM)brayton Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIQCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yhas7DA
It was a strange game, i definatly moved my sniper too far. This justbshows that missed oppitunities are everywhere, i won in the end after the fall of me in the north. If i had went through the main armies i would have lost.

For just having played a couple of ranked games you definitely did good. I like the opening by taking the bottom bonus square with a runner and not the soldier as many do. My philosophy on this map is to play defense at the bottom and offense on the top part of the map. And also as you were hinting, move up the medic and boost the sniper before moving out with it.

Soldier spam FTW
07-12-2012, 05:41 PM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2012 05:42 PM by N135.)
Ok i screwed a lot up here, but I just wanna see what you guys have to say

Fail
07-12-2012, 07:11 PM
(07-12-2012 05:41 PM)N135 Wrote:  Ok i screwed a lot up here, but I just wanna see what you guys have to say

Fail
Well, what are your findings this far? It'll save us a lot of time writing it down if you already know.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
07-12-2012, 09:33 PM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2012 10:02 PM by SC-FTW.)
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIQCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y8twyDA

I wanna know if there was any way I could have salvaged the match on my last turn...I thought of getting a runner instead of a soldier but that would only have delayed my death not stopped the attack...

General advice is good too I'm new to the game.
07-12-2012, 10:06 PM
(07-12-2012 09:33 PM)SC-FTW Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIQCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y8twyDA

I wanna know if there was any way I could have salvaged the match on my last turn...I though of getting a runner instead of a soldier but that would only have delayed my death not stopped the attack...

General advice is good too I'm new to the game.

Fixed game link

To be completely honest, that game was essentially over by turn 4. As a general rule, I try to position my opening units so that I get maximum information while not cheaply risking them. For example in turn 1, your runner charges straight at the blue soldier landing right next to him. I like to think of things in opportunity cost, so your replacement cost of that runner is like 3 wit, plus the wit you spent moving it. Your opponent has the opportunity to both kill your runner and take the wit space, which he for some reason does not. (misclick hopefully) if you simply forced the soldier to move 1 space to attack you, he would spend one wit moving, another attacking aaaand he would be down 1 wit every turn until he devoted even more resources to capturing his neutral tile.

Also, attacking is wit-intensive. In turn 4 you go blindly charging the secondary spawn with your heavy. This trade's replacement cost is 7 wit versus the 4 he spent and you didn't even gain any position. By the end of turn 4 you at least at a 7 wit disadvantage and you are dramatically outnumbered. Also, I don't remember which turn you pushed the lower edge, but that was also a devastating defeat.

Frankly, the reason you were able to put on pressure was because you ignored the runner hacking away at your base for so long.

If your attack fails, don't be afraid to fall back with your centerpiece units, build a little defense and regroup. Forcing your opponent to come to you allows you to somewhat even the odds as they will need to spend extra resources on travel. Once you gain the upper hand, take advantage of it.

Anyway, your little sniper offensive was nicely executed. Basically, don't be so hyper-aggressive and I think you'll do well. Smile
07-12-2012, 10:43 PM
Okay. Thanks Smile