Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Need advice? - Post your replay!
01-29-2013, 03:19 AM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay!
EkoFox v Ser Purple Wolf
Link
I know I made a few mistakes with unit positioning, but does it seem like he was luring me out with his vines? Also, is there an obvious point where he 'won', besides near the end?

Proud Member of the Diamond League!
[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-29-2013, 05:50 AM
Is it a good idea to heal your medic if you have two so they don't die as easily?

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
01-29-2013, 06:05 AM
(01-29-2013 05:50 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  Is it a good idea to heal your medic if you have two so they don't die as easily?
Maybe if you are sending one out with the army, or if you know your opponent is spawning a lot of runners, but I wouldn't do it every time.

01-29-2013, 10:06 AM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yv73UAgw
This was a friendly game against a fellow that I know is a little better than I am, hence I always ramp up the experimentation. I had one go for broke strategy that almost worked here, but I couldn't pull it off. Any tips?

Bulby37: Idea Man
[Image: sealbanner700.jpg]
01-29-2013, 10:40 AM
(01-29-2013 03:19 AM)EkoFox Wrote:  EkoFox v Ser Purple Wolf
Link
I know I made a few mistakes with unit positioning, but does it seem like he was luring me out with his vines? Also, is there an obvious point where he 'won', besides near the end?

Was this before the update? I ask because it crashed halfway through the replay for me.

I don't think he was luring you out with his thorns, he was scouting with them. You can see, I think, 1 square around a thorn so they're useful for scouting, especially now that they have 3 hp.

Otherwise, I don't feel qualified to answer as I'm still a n00b to this game in a way, just my 2 cents

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
01-29-2013, 12:05 PM
(01-29-2013 02:51 AM)Gfich Wrote:  
(01-28-2013 08:54 AM)Taytaydu4 Wrote:  it was over so soon...

Turn 4: You could've done exactly the same with one wit less, by moving the lower soldier instead of the upper one. Then you moved the medic for no apparent reason at all. That's another wit wasted.

Turn 6: You left that 3hp soldier right next to the Heavy. It costs exactly 0 wits for him to kill it. That's another 4 wits wasted (2 to spawn + 2 to move). Plus, you've wasted one full unit. Especially on 1 spawn maps, that's gonna neck you.

Turn 12: A: You could've killed the heavy. B: Knowing that the medic is right next to the soldier, you attacked it, and left it at 1hp. That's simply not a good idea if you know he has the medic.

OK, hope that this helped a bit Smile

Thanks Smile

GC: ChibiDufour
USA
Gifted League
01-29-2013, 04:04 PM
(01-29-2013 10:40 AM)ElPared Wrote:  
(01-29-2013 03:19 AM)EkoFox Wrote:  EkoFox v Ser Purple Wolf
Link

Was this before the update? I ask because it crashed halfway through the replay for me.

I don't think he was luring you out with his thorns, he was scouting with them. You can see, I think, 1 square around a thorn so they're useful for scouting, especially now that they have 3 hp.

Otherwise, I don't feel qualified to answer as I'm still a n00b to this game in a way, just my 2 cents
Yeah, it was pre-update, there's some weird crash with the 3HP thorns.

01-31-2013, 09:52 AM
Long nine v scrambler
replay
01-31-2013, 10:51 AM
RE: Long nine v scrambler
(01-31-2013 09:52 AM)Ralphabetsoup Wrote:  replay
A major thing: You spawned a Bombshell... And then ignored it for a couple turns. A bombshell is no good if it's just sitting on your spawn point. Los, you spawned a bombshell and then immediately started an attack. Bombshells are not good for a full assault. If you were going to attack, save your wits instead of buying a shell.

01-31-2013, 11:12 AM
EkoFox: So, on t12 I should set up bs and wait for him to come to me?